The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StationToStation
Yeah I can imagine it can sometimes be hard to collect your thoughts in the couple of minutes you have before the stations! I'm sure it went better than you think though. :smile: // lmao writing this I realized that my username almost sounds like a MMI reference

Hahah just lold

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do they use your personal statement at any station?? I pray they do as that's all I'm good at 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by futuremedic2017
I have my interview tomorrow at 1.15 what time is yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same time, guess I'll see you there
Anyone have an idea if we got given anything from King's that tells us what sorts of questions will be asked at the stations
Original post by Lostperson
I thought it was haha

It's a David Bowie reference actually but apparently I didn't think through how that would work out in the medicine corner of tsr :redface:
Original post by medicineee
Do they use your personal statement at any station?? I pray they do as that's all I'm good at 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope. Go in with a clear head and imagine it being like any other practice session.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by saahil0987
Anyone have an idea if we got given anything from King's that tells us what sorts of questions will be asked at the stations

Nope. They say in general what they could be on the KCL website but they're pretty secretive about what comes up so you won't find anything online. We had to sign confidentiality forms after our interviews today
Guys I found something that may be of use during the King's open day I made some notes and it says some of the stations would be about your motivation to do med, any work exp / volunteering and also an ethical scenario (talk about the assumptions youre making, the postive decision you can take and the advantages and negatives of that, the negative decision you can take and the advantages and disadvantages of that and then a conclusion) idk if youre allowed but if you are could anyone who had an interview pls confirm / deny this
Reply 1088
idk tbh
Original post by studentsixth
Nope. They say in general what they could be on the KCL website but they're pretty secretive about what comes up so you won't find anything online. We had to sign confidentiality forms after our interviews today

what did you wear to your interview??
Original post by pandasandpens
what did you wear to your interview??

A business suit + tie. I think that's what everyone else was wearing too!
A business suit + tie. I think that's what everyone else was wearing too!

oh ok, did females as well??
oh ok, did females as well??

A lot wore formal skirts + tops but in general we all looked pretty much the same. When is your interview?
A lot wore formal skirts + tops but in general we all looked pretty much the same. When is your interview?

oh ok thanks!! next week :s-smilie:
Original post by saahil0987
Guys I found something that may be of use during the King's open day I made some notes and it says some of the stations would be about your motivation to do med, any work exp / volunteering and also an ethical scenario (talk about the assumptions youre making, the postive decision you can take and the advantages and negatives of that, the negative decision you can take and the advantages and disadvantages of that and then a conclusion) idk if youre allowed but if you are could anyone who had an interview pls confirm / deny this

We definitely can't confirm or deny this. King's however are known to change their stations quite regularly. Just make sure that you revise all the aspects that you find necessary.
oh ok thanks!! next week :s-smilie:

You'll be fine! At least I'm sure it'll go better than mine did. 😂
Original post by 2017sr
750 wtf thats amazing!! what did you get in gcses?

sorry mate didn't even see this till now -
GCSE's came out as 14A*s and 1A
Sorry if this is a stupid question but what's the layout of mmi's, are the stations in seperate rooms or in one big hall? And did students get a talk about what would happen first then the interviews began?
Why can't anyone discuss the interviews?
Is it against TSR policy??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Johncenaofficial
Why can't anyone discuss the interviews?
Is it against TSR policy??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most likely they had to sign non disclosure agreements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending