The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, i've been reading this thread since it was made but i've never posted on tsr before.

My bmat scores are relatively bad 4.5 5.1 2.5A so hoping for but not expecting an interview. Its a shame bc Imperial has been my dream uni for years *cries*
4.7, 3.9, 2.5A. I know I'm not getting an interview just wish they'd hurry up and reject! Getting a bit annoying tbh
Original post by Navyblue99
4.7, 3.9, 2.5A. I know I'm not getting an interview just wish they'd hurry up and reject! Getting a bit annoying tbh

The suspense is killing us all!
Does anyone know how long it'll take for the next group to be invited? Is it a question of days or weeks?
Original post by InternationalDoc
Does anyone know how long it'll take for the next group to be invited? Is it a question of days or weeks?

Last year it seemed to be daily/every couple of days between 7th and 11th Dec and then another batch on 6th Jan, then a few end of Jan but may be different this year ...
I just called Imperial and whoever I spoke to on the phone was really not nice :frown: they were so cold and abrupt in the way they talked to me.

I already wasn't so in love with Imperial but wanted to explore the idea of being a student there if I ever got an interview. After that experience, I don't even want to go :frown:
Original post by CutieTootsie
I just called Imperial and whoever I spoke to on the phone was really not nice :frown: they were so cold and abrupt in the way they talked to me.

I already wasn't so in love with Imperial but wanted to explore the idea of being a student there if I ever got an interview. After that experience, I don't even want to go :frown:

aw sorry that you feel that way. what did you ask them on the phone? maybe they became frustrated because many students are becoming anxious and calling them 247 to ask information?
Original post by impmed2017
aw sorry that you feel that way. what did you ask them on the phone? maybe they became frustrated because many students are becoming anxious and calling them 247 to ask information?

I found out today that I was supposed to get extra time for BMAT but my invigilator didn't realise due to other exams going on and it was just her on duty.

All my other BMAT unis were sympathetic and said they can't make promises but they'll take it into consideration. She however was very interrogating and wasn't helpful or advising. Her tone was horrible.

I'm not trying to have a winge, it's just that imperial is my only London I applied for and I already know the many cons of living in London, but I always thought in the back of my mind I need to give the university a chance- it could be so nice that the costs will be worth it.

No, just one more negative on the list. Such a wasted choice. literally tempted to withdraw my application, but I want to discuss it with my family first because that's quite final.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 468
Has any graduate entry applicant heard anything yet?
Original post by t0311
Has any graduate entry applicant heard anything yet?

I havent
Original post by g3000pro
I havent

Do you mind sharing your BMAT score?
i got an email yesterday about getting an interview so i think they're doing it now : )
Reply 472
Original post by mispelt
i got an email yesterday about getting an interview so i think they're doing it now : )

do you know how many interviews they are going to give out?
Reply 473
Original post by caro99
do you know how many interviews they are going to give out?

I heard about 750 interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 474
Original post by oey99
I heard about 750 interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile

did they say over how long?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 475
Original post by caro99
did they say over how long?

They'll send interviews on a weekly basis from December until March, they'll email everyone before Christmas to tell them about the progress of their application

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 476
Original post by oey99
They'll send interviews on a weekly basis from December until March, they'll email everyone before Christmas to tell them about the progress of their application

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok thank you and good luck with your application!
Reply 477
Original post by caro99
ok thank you and good luck with your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Massive congrats to all of you that got interviews, im still playing the waiting game ...
Reply 479
Original post by CutieTootsie
I found out today that I was supposed to get extra time for BMAT but my invigilator didn't realise due to other exams going on and it was just her on duty.

All my other BMAT unis were sympathetic and said they can't make promises but they'll take it into consideration. She however was very interrogating and wasn't helpful or advising. Her tone was horrible.

I'm not trying to have a winge, it's just that imperial is my only London I applied for and I already know the many cons of living in London, but I always thought in the back of my mind I need to give the university a chance- it could be so nice that the costs will be worth it.

No, just one more negative on the list. Such a wasted choice. literally tempted to withdraw my application, but I want to discuss it with my family first because that's quite final.

Dont withdrawal your application! You're already so so so close. Nothing is final yet! They deserve to view your application and admire th fact that you're a strong, intelligent applicant. I understand your BMAT may not have gone as you'd hoped, but you never know, they might overlook this :-)

I don't mean to sound patronising in any way. I just think you don't deserve to give up just yet. Life is full of surprises!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending