The Student Room Group

Dentistry Entry 2017

As an international student, I applied through UCAS around October 2016 and I haven't done UKCAT. Most of the universities rejected me because of this. I want to start dentistry in the 2017 entry, what can I do? Is there an alternative route?
You could apply to Irish universities instead - try http://www.cao.ie if you are an EU applicant (application deadline is 1st of February 2017)

This would give you an EU qualification and mutual qualification recognition with UK and Canada. The UK mutual recognition is highly likely to continue in a post-brexit world given the nature of Anglo-Irish relationships.

Dentistry is available in both University College Cork (UCC) and Trinity College Dublin (TCD) (course is named Dental Science) - no aptitude test is required for 2017 entry but your academic qualifications will be scored on the CAO points system if you are an EU applicant.

I take it that you are actually a non-EU applicant; if so, you will need to apply directly to the colleges (ucc.ie and tcd.ie) before the 1st of February 2017.

You could also look at other EU countries including Malta.

Quick Reply

Latest