The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

2017 Uni of Bristol applicants mega-thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chloe Rosey
Bristol just gave me a conditional for French single honours. Hope everyone else gets theirs soon! :smile:

Félicitations!!!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by returnmigrant
Lots of questions starting to appear about applications for 2017 entry!

Hi! This is for the people who are interested in criminology with a year abroad. I've looked at the table that shows which course goes to which country, and I've noticed that criminology isn't on there. Obviously, this might be because it's a new course, but if anyone knows what countries they go to please let me know!
Original post by Chloe Rosey
I've heard that they like to take their time. They acknowledged my application on November 18th and I got an offer today, but some have to wait a lot longer. Good luck!

What course did you apply for, because I also applied on the 18th of Nov!
Reply 623
just got an A*A*A/A*AA offer for maths!
Original post by dnr_23
just got an A*A*A/A*AA offer for maths!

Well done!! :smile:
How long did they take to reply to you??
[QUOTE="chloebrowningx;68951028"]
Original post by returnmigrant
Lots of questions starting to appear about applications for 2017 entry!

Hi! This is for the people who are interested in criminology with a year abroad. I've looked at the table that shows which course goes to which country, and I've noticed that criminology isn't on there. Obviously, this might be because it's a new course, but if anyone knows what countries they go to please let me know!

Best thing is to ask Bristol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 626
Original post by JustLyfe

they acknowledged my application on 17/11 so precisely 3 weeks :smile:

It took 1 month and 8 days to get an offer. But then I applied really early (14th(?) october) and I don't think the computing department had started giving out offers until much later than my application.
Original post by dnr_23
they acknowledged my application on 17/11 so precisely 3 weeks :smile:

I got my Aknowledgement on the 21st, but haven't got anything yet. I know a few people who have waited like 2 months and haven't even got anything yet so was expecting to wait till after Christmas
Reply 629
I got my Aknowledgement on the 21st, but haven't got anything yet. I know a few people who have waited like 2 months and haven't even got anything yet so was expecting to wait till after Christmas

good luck!! hope you find out soon!

if you dont mind me asking, what predicted grades did u get and are you doing further maths?
Original post by dnr_23
good luck!! hope you find out soon!

if you dont mind me asking, what predicted grades did u get and are you doing further maths?

Predicted A*A*A in Maths, FM and chem, you??
Reply 631
Predicted A*A*A in Maths, FM and chem, you??

pretty much same here!! A*A*AA in maths, fm, economics, english lit so im guessing your offer will be coming soon!!
Just got an offer for MATHS.
A* - Maths
A - Further Maths
B - Another subject

Is normal to receive a grade lower than the stated entry requirements?
Original post by CountyCobra
Just got an offer for MATHS.
A* - Maths
A - Further Maths
B - Another subject

Is normal to receive a grade lower than the stated entry requirements?

Congrats!!
How long did it take them to reply??
And would the lower offer be a contextual offer?? idk
Congrats!!
How long did it take them to reply??
And would the lower offer be a contextual offer?? idk

I'm an international student and I doubt my school is under contextual list. I go to a private school. Plus, isn't the contextual offer AAA? It took them about 2 weeks? It was acknowledged on the 25th/11. Did u get an offer? What are your predicted grades? Mine is A* - Maths, A* - Further Maths, A - chem, A - physics.
Hey there :smile:
Got an offer for Psychology (!!) starting September - acknowledgement on the 2/12 and offer on the 9/12, so it took them a week.

Offer is the typical A*AA for any 3 of my subjects since I'm taking 4

GCSE: A*A*A*A*AAAC
Predicted: A*A*AB (fine art, geography, biology, maths)

Anyone else with an offer for Psychology, message me! I'd like to get to know you and see where else you've applied
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm an international student ...

Probably a significant factor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have applied for Psychology in Education which is a new course for 2017 and went to the open day in June and loved it!

GCSE grades: AAAABBBBCC
Predicted grades for A2: AAB
Grades needed for course: ABB-BBB

This is my top uni choice and I have my heart set on it so pretty worried....
I'm an international student and I doubt my school is under contextual list. I go to a private school. Plus, isn't the contextual offer AAA? It took them about 2 weeks? It was acknowledged on the 25th/11. Did u get an offer? What are your predicted grades? Mine is A* - Maths, A* - Further Maths, A - chem, A - physics.

I applied just under 3 weeks ago and am yet to hear anything. I got a generic email yesterday saying 'they're still considering my application and are not able to make a decision yet'- at least I hope it's a generic email, and not just sent to applicants who they've scored lowly and know they won't get a reply anytime soon.
Predicted A*A*A in Maths, fm and chem also
I doubt my school is under contextual list. I go to a private school.

No private schools are on the Contextual Offer list.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending