The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saahil0987
****ing get in just got an interview (5.9, 4.9 and 3.5A) there's hope for everyone

Lol people keep saying this. You do realise your score is decent? Of course there was hope. If I get an interview then EVERYONE has hope, trust me
Reply 561
Original post by Shk
Interview :biggrin: !!!!!!!

congrats!!!!! bmat?
Original post by CutieTootsie
Lol people keep saying this. You do realise your score is decent? Of course there was hope. If I get an interview then EVERYONE has hope, trust me

I feel you lol

Sorry didn't mean to rub it in your face or anything I just thought it was fairly average so I might have struggled to get an interview anyways its only the first week so there's plenty of time still. Good luck and hopefully you'll get one too
Original post by Johncenaofficial
May you please recommend books which will help me prepare.
would a suit be alright to wear or tooo formal?

Furthermore how do u keep up with present day Medical issues?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only book I would use is the ISC book. Pretty much everyone who I saw last year was in a suit, but as long as you just don't come in wearing jeans and a hoodie, I think you should be fine.
Sorry didn't mean to rub it in your face or anything I just thought it was fairly average so I might have struggled to get an interview anyways its only the first week so there's plenty of time still. Good luck and hopefully you'll get one too

Lol nah it's okay I just mean your score is good :smile:

DISCLOSE FOR EVERYONE: I did get an email ages ago and re-read it just. They are sending out interviews based on which band you're in so I'm assuming those with interviews are in the top band - this gets me giddy because maybe band 3 cut-offs will be really low this year
Original post by pandasandpens
Post-interview, do they look at everything (including bmat) as a whole or do they only look at interview performance?

Fairly sure it's just interview performance. Unless it's very borderline.
Original post by usycool1
The only book I would use is the ISC book. Pretty much everyone who I saw last year was in a suit, but as long as you just don't come in wearing jeans and a hoodie, I think you should be fine.

I've not worn a suit in any interview so far whilst it's important to look smart it's more important to be comfortable cause then you can focus more on the questions and less on other distractions. I wore a shirt, tie and jumper no suit jacket.
I've not worn a suit in any interview so far whilst it's important to look smart it's more important to be comfortable cause then you can focus more on the questions and less on other distractions. I wore a shirt, tie and jumper no suit jacket.

Indeed, but not to the extent that you go in scruffy.

Ofc
Ofc

what other interviews have you already had?
Reply 571
Hi,

I fluffed the BMAT! I got 4.9 (#1), 4.5 (#2) and 4.5A (Essay).

I'm hoping my strong essay score may help? Idk, really worried as it's my first choice. Do you guys think I have a chance at interview?
Reply 572

I wore a suit for my St Andrews interview. There were 12 people, of which 9 were guys who all wore suits. The 3 girls wore smart dresses.
Original post by rwuk
Hi,

I fluffed the BMAT! I got 4.9 (#1), 4.5 (#2) and 4.5A (Essay).

I'm hoping my strong essay score may help? Idk, really worried as it's my first choice. Do you guys think I have a chance at interview?

I mean, the overall score is better than most, it's just your S2 is close. I think you'll still make the cutoff

Lol, I can relate. It's FAR from a weak score, I don't understand why everyone has hope??
Reply 575
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
I mean, the overall score is better than most, it's just your S2 is close. I think you'll still make the cutoff

Thanks, fingers crossed!
Half of the people on here need to get a grip. Asking if at least 4.9+ is definitely enough for an interview. It blatantly is. if you didn't keep asking maybe this thread wouldn't be so bloody long!
Original post by Navyblue99
Half of the people on here need to get a grip. Asking if at least 4.9+ is definitely enough for an interview. It blatantly is. if you didn't keep asking maybe this thread wouldn't be so bloody long!

Dude, you literally could have guaranteed interviews at many universities with your UKCAT and other stats. You risky mofo😂
I'm the one who should be worried with a score of 4.3 in S1 😂
Original post by Tsar101
I'm the one who should be worried with a score of 4.3 in S1 😂

Same lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending