The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

I only got 4 and 4.1. Luckily imperial isn't my first choice and I will get an interview for my first as long as my PS is good :smile:
Original post by caro99
congrats!!!! did u do well on BMAT?

That's what people keep telling me haha
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Same lol

I got 4.3 too lol
Original post by TheArtOfThePoetic
I got 4.3 too lol

I think the bands might go down in 0.2s. So if 4.9 is band 1, 4.5 is band 3. Such tight boundaries :/
Is there a thread for interview tips and help??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think the bands might go down in 0.2s. So if 4.9 is band 1, 4.5 is band 3. Such tight boundaries :/

At least that gives me hope of meeting the S1 cut off but S2 score was terrible (3.7) so I guess I'm waiting on a rejection anyway :/
And considering the competition for graduate medicine there's no chance for me...
Original post by TheArtOfThePoetic
At least that gives me hope of meeting the S1 cut off but S2 score was terrible (3.7) so I guess I'm waiting on a rejection anyway :/
And considering the competition for graduate medicine there's no chance for me...

Graduates and undergrads compete for the same places I think

The cut-offs are identical but grad students are competing for fewer places.

That's sadly not the case, I think they interview around 80 grads for 30 places on the A109 graduate medicine course :frown:
Reply 589
Original post by kelzdestadz
Congratulations!!

Thank youu :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
thank you
just got an interview !!

Congrats! :biggrin:
Reply 591
Has anyone noticed that on the website where u book the interview, it says that it is a maximum of 20 minutes interview!! Isn't that too short?? I mean Cambridge has two 30 minute interviews and they still feel pretty short.
I've even read on a website that the average Imperial interview is 8 minutes!! You can barely answer 3 questions in that time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oey99
Has anyone noticed that on the website where u book the interview, it says that it is a maximum of 20 minutes interview!! Isn't that too short?? I mean Cambridge has two 30 minute interviews and they still feel pretty short.
I've even read on a website that the average Imperial interview is 8 minutes!! You can barely answer 3 questions in that time

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it'll be plenty time my Cam ones were 20 mins each and I had 2 and I had time to go through all the questions. They could probably ask a max of like 6/7 questions I think
Can anyone share what the interview dates offered were? Don't wanna press the link as we're given only 4 hours to select a preferred slot and I'm still waiting for other offers. International applicant here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 594
Original post by Chase Chong
Can anyone share what the interview dates offered were? Don't wanna press the link as we're given only 4 hours to select a preferred slot and I'm still waiting for other offers. International applicant here

Posted from TSR Mobile

As of yesterday night, 13th of December, then every Tuesday and Wednesday starting from 10th of January e.g. 10,11,17,18 ... etc up until 28th of March. Good luck with this and the rest of your offers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oey99
As of yesterday night, 13th of December, then every Tuesday and Wednesday starting from 10th of January e.g. 10,11,17,18 ... etc up until 28th of March. Good luck with this and the rest of your offers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG thank you so much!!! Now i can roughly gauge when to fly over! thanks again and all the best to you! :smile:)
Original post by Exaclebur
Interview!!! :biggrin: My BMAT is pretty average tho 5.2 ,4.7, 3A I guess they dont send out interviews in band order

OMG massive congrats!!! maybe three is hope for me as I got the same score on S1 and s2 and 3.5 on s3, fingers crossed. Good luck in your interview :smile:
what was last year's cut off? finally tempted to look at my BMAT results after all... :eek:
Original post by Kenopsia
what was last year's cut off? finally tempted to look at my BMAT results after all... :eek:

4.5 4.5 2.5B

I think that's right....
Original post by oey99

I've even read on a website that the average Imperial interview is 8 minutes!!

Sounds like complete rubbish to me. They're scheduled to be 15-20 minutes and that's plenty of time usually. They're often overrunning too, which would suggest that it is not rare for it to go on for more than that time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending