The Student Room Group

Lloyds video interview

Anyone done the Lloyds video interview, what questions do they ask?
I'm applying for the financial markets apprrentice.
Thanks
Original post by ronaldo222
Anyone done the Lloyds video interview, what questions do they ask?
I'm applying for the financial markets apprrentice.
Thanks

What did you get on the strength/numerical testing to get through?

I got 70-79th percentile on strength and 90-99th percentile on numerical and yet got declined.

Guess they didn't like me :frown:
Original post by cliveb2016

I got 70-79th percentile on strength and 90-99th percentile on numerical and yet got declined.

Was the test the JobMi untimed one?
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
Was the test the JobMi untimed one?

yeah iirc. I have taken quite a few now and they are all starting to blend.
Original post by cliveb2016

I got an email saying I received 90-99th on strength, and 70 - 79th on numerical and haven't had any email stating whether I am through or not yet. I imagine alot of people will have got through video interview at this late stage so not holding out for much.
Did you manage to complete the video interview? If so I hope it went well,

Can you tell me what questions came up

Thanks
Hi,

I got an invite to do a video interview with Lloyds Banking Group for the Business Management and Customer Operations graduate programme.

I would like to ask if anyone has taken this interview or any interview with Lloyds Banking Group and what questions were you asked during the interview? How many questions were there?

Were they strengths-based questions or competency-based questions? Or both?

What advice do you have on how to best prepare for the interview?

Thanks
I did an internship with Lloyds for the summer so have done the video interview. They ask - normal questions like -

- A time where something didn't go right, how you solved it
- A time where you worked in unfamiliar situation
- Talk about your last work experience
- Ethical standards

But questions change every year, so yeah.

Anyway I was declined a referral so I don't hold the graduate job. I had the worst manager ever. I also didn't like how some interns were give the questions beforehand, and infact some didn't even have to hold the final internal interview and they got the jobs.
Whereas for me, she never gave me any tasks to do despite asking a lot of times, and at the end she put all the blame in me.

I am very appalled with LBG, but good luck to anyone trying to get a job there. Hope you will get nice managers.
Original post by walkers38
I did an internship with Lloyds for the summer so have done the video interview. They ask - normal questions like -

- A time where something didn't go right, how you solved it
- A time where you worked in unfamiliar situation
- Talk about your last work experience
- Ethical standards

But questions change every year, so yeah.

Anyway I was declined a referral so I don't hold the graduate job. I had the worst manager ever. I also didn't like how some interns were give the questions beforehand, and infact some didn't even have to hold the final internal interview and they got the jobs.
Whereas for me, she never gave me any tasks to do despite asking a lot of times, and at the end she put all the blame in me.

I am very appalled with LBG, but good luck to anyone trying to get a job there. Hope you will get nice managers.

Bitter, much?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gingerwizard

Just stating the truth, its just that truth is bitter.
Original post by gingerwizard

Its just his opinion and experience with LBG.
Original post by hltorrance
Hi,

How did this interview go? Any tips/advice/question topics would be greatly appreciated!

TTA
x

I think the interview was fine. I received an email from Lloyds this evening indicating that since I am on a time limited visa in the UK (my student visa), in order for Lloyds to ascertain whether I will need any support with my visa in the UK and that I hold the necessary right to work to enable me to work for Lloyds Banking Group on the programme that I applied to to commence in September 2017, I was asked to complete an additional questionnaire with required scans of my passport and visa within five working days. I do not know for sure but I am guessing that I have succeeded in my video interview since I have received this email (and have only received this email since I indicated that I am on a student visa)

During the interview I said as much as I could remember for each question. I think there were one or two questions where there were some things I had prepared which I could not fully remember and I think that is because with my prepared answers having adjusted changes over those few days, I only had a day or two to learn some of the most updated prepared answers.

All of the following 9 questions below which I had read online from different tsr and glassdoor forum posts were asked (and I only prepared for these 9 questions) but some of them were worded in a different way (though many of them still appeared to be asking the same/similar thing but worded differently.

Regarding Question 7 below (which I had read on all forum posts from people who did this interview)
"How would you ensure that you fit in well to a new team, and why do you think this is important?"
I was actually asked this question in the opposite/reversed way and the question I got was something along the lines of
"Why do you think that it is important that you fit well into a new team, and how would you ensure that you do this?"
(So the main difference is that although I during my preparation and practice I had answered the "how would you ensure" part of the question first I had to adapt to the question given and answered the "why do you think that is important" part of the question first.

As for tips and advice, I suggest that you practice and rehearse the 9 questions below but be prepared that some may be worded differently and that question 7 (the only question which appears like a 2 part question may be asked in the opposite way). I also suggest you should rehearse and practice a lot so that you effectively memorise your answers (as in be able to say your answers fluently) but of course you should not sound robotic either.

Other than that I am not sure what other tips I have and I can't seem to remember anything else about the interview as I took it on the 12th of December which was almost a month ago.

1. What has influenced your decision to apply for your chosen program and stream?

2. Exceeding internal and external customer expectations is important. How would you ensure that you do this?

3. Do you think your peers would say that you are good at explaining complex information or ideas in an easy-to-understand manner?

4. Are you someone who always takes the initiative?

5. Talk me through a recent example of an improvement you made, and the impact this had?

6. Are you someone who naturally takes ownership of tasks or challenges?

7. How would you ensure that you fit in well to a new team, and why do you think this is important?

8. Do you respond well to difficult situations for example, where you are still required to achieve a successful outcome, despite high levels of pressure?

9. Based on your research into Lloyds Banking Group, explain what you have learnt and how you will apply this learning in your role?
Reply 12
Original post by midnight999
I think the interview was fine. I received an email from Lloyds this evening indicating that since I am on a time limited visa in the UK (my student visa), in order for Lloyds to ascertain whether I will need any support with my visa in the UK and that I hold the necessary right to work to enable me to work for Lloyds Banking Group on the programme that I applied to to commence in September 2017, I was asked to complete an additional questionnaire with required scans of my passport and visa within five working days. I do not know for sure but I am guessing that I have succeeded in my video interview since I have received this email (and have only received this email since I indicated that I am on a student visa)

During the interview I said as much as I could remember for each question. I think there were one or two questions where there were some things I had prepared which I could not fully remember and I think that is because with my prepared answers having adjusted changes over those few days, I only had a day or two to learn some of the most updated prepared answers.

All of the following 9 questions below which I had read online from different tsr and glassdoor forum posts were asked (and I only prepared for these 9 questions) but some of them were worded in a different way (though many of them still appeared to be asking the same/similar thing but worded differently.

Regarding Question 7 below (which I had read on all forum posts from people who did this interview)
"How would you ensure that you fit in well to a new team, and why do you think this is important?"
I was actually asked this question in the opposite/reversed way and the question I got was something along the lines of
"Why do you think that it is important that you fit well into a new team, and how would you ensure that you do this?"
(So the main difference is that although I during my preparation and practice I had answered the "how would you ensure" part of the question first I had to adapt to the question given and answered the "why do you think that is important" part of the question first.

As for tips and advice, I suggest that you practice and rehearse the 9 questions below but be prepared that some may be worded differently and that question 7 (the only question which appears like a 2 part question may be asked in the opposite way). I also suggest you should rehearse and practice a lot so that you effectively memorise your answers (as in be able to say your answers fluently) but of course you should not sound robotic either.

Other than that I am not sure what other tips I have and I can't seem to remember anything else about the interview as I took it on the 12th of December which was almost a month ago.

1. What has influenced your decision to apply for your chosen program and stream?

2. Exceeding internal and external customer expectations is important. How would you ensure that you do this?

3. Do you think your peers would say that you are good at explaining complex information or ideas in an easy-to-understand manner?

4. Are you someone who always takes the initiative?

5. Talk me through a recent example of an improvement you made, and the impact this had?

6. Are you someone who naturally takes ownership of tasks or challenges?

7. How would you ensure that you fit in well to a new team, and why do you think this is important?

8. Do you respond well to difficult situations for example, where you are still required to achieve a successful outcome, despite high levels of pressure?

9. Based on your research into Lloyds Banking Group, explain what you have learnt and how you will apply this learning in your role?

Have you heard back yet?
Original post by Celina2
Have you heard back yet?

Yes I got a reply the day after I sent that forum post on the 10th of January saying the following below.

"At this time we will hold your application at this stage. You have indicated that you will need to be sponsored to obtain an appropriate work permit to work on the Graduate Programme at Lloyds Banking Group. For this sponsorship to be approved by the UK Border Agency we will need to show that we were not able to fill our vacancies from applicants from within the European Union or European Economic Area. If we have not been able to fill our vacancies for the 2017 Graduate Programme at Lloyds Banking Group by April 2017 then we may be in a position to progress your application subject to the UK Immigration law."

I guess the reason I got that reply is because I was an international student who required a tier 2 work visa in order to work in the UK and it appears that it has been made a law for many company that they can only consider non-EU applicants when they can prove that there are no EU applicants capable for the job.
Reply 14
Yes I got a reply the day after I sent that forum post on the 10th of January saying the following below.

"At this time we will hold your application at this stage. You have indicated that you will need to be sponsored to obtain an appropriate work permit to work on the Graduate Programme at Lloyds Banking Group. For this sponsorship to be approved by the UK Border Agency we will need to show that we were not able to fill our vacancies from applicants from within the European Union or European Economic Area. If we have not been able to fill our vacancies for the 2017 Graduate Programme at Lloyds Banking Group by April 2017 then we may be in a position to progress your application subject to the UK Immigration law."

I guess the reason I got that reply is because I was an international student who required a tier 2 work visa in order to work in the UK and it appears that it has been made a law for many company that they can only consider non-EU applicants when they can prove that there are no EU applicants capable for the job.

That sucks :angry:

Unlucky dude, hope it comes through for you.
Reply 15

Fingers crossed, you never know!
Reply 16
Original post by M1011
That sucks :angry:

Unlucky dude, hope it comes through for you.

Have you gotten past video interview stage?
Reply 17
Original post by Celina2
Have you gotten past video interview stage?

I'm not an applicant, just browsing the thread and thought that was really quite unfair. Not really Lloyds fault I'm sure, just the unfortunate rules they have enforced upon them. No relief to applicants like yourself though - must be very frustrating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending