The Student Room Group

Audiology 2017

Just wanted to make a forum for all those applying for/ considering Audiology for 2017 entry!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There's a fair bit of discussion on the "Audiology DMU 2017" thread, not all about DMU! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=68548454&highlight=audiology
Reply 2
Original post by ayeeel
There's a fair bit of discussion on the "Audiology DMU 2017" thread, not all about DMU! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=68548454&highlight=audiology

Thanks! I'll probabaly just delete this thread then
Reply 3
Why not leave it here? Other people not interested in DMU might find it useful :smile:
Hello :tongue:

I'm in the middle of the application process for Southampton MSc Audiology 2017.
Anyone else applying/applied?
Reply 5
Original post by Ben_N_Potts
Hello :tongue:

I'm in the middle of the application process for Southampton MSc Audiology 2017.
Anyone else applying/applied?

I applied and after 8 weeks (:colonhash:) I got invited to a visit day this morning (maybe because I'm international)
Original post by missxyn
I applied and after 8 weeks (:colonhash:) I got invited to a visit day this morning (maybe because I'm international)

Oh wow, 8 weeks! :dry:
Where are you from?

Are you applying to the MSc Audiology (with Clinical Placement) _or_ BSc/MSci Healthcare Science (Audiology)?
Reply 7
Oh wow, 8 weeks! :dry:
Where are you from?

Are you applying to the MSc Audiology (with Clinical Placement) _or_ BSc/MSci Healthcare Science (Audiology)?

Nigeria but I school in the UK.

I applied for the MSci, fun stuff :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by missxyn

4 whole years of fun!!
Original post by missxyn

Cool! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 10
Hi,

I am going to apply for MSc Audiology for next year. There is one year course and two year course. I decided to apply for both just in case I do not get into the two year course. The one year course only provide the required theoretical skills and knowledge for clinical registration in the UK. So does this mean if I were to study the one year course, right after I graduate wont I be able to practise as an audiologist?
Original post by Roz123
Hi,

I am going to apply for MSc Audiology for next year. There is one year course and two year course. I decided to apply for both just in case I do not get into the two year course. The one year course only provide the required theoretical skills and knowledge for clinical registration in the UK. So does this mean if I were to study the one year course, right after I graduate wont I be able to practise as an audiologist?

Hi Roz,

Yes, you have to do a clinical placement in order to be able to practice after.

You have to apply for the 1 year theoretical MSc first, then you can opt in to do the second year placement after you receive an offer.

If you have any questions regarding the course at Southampton, you could email [email protected] - I have found them to be really helpful.
Reply 12
Hi Roz,

Yes, you have to do a clinical placement in order to be able to practice after.

You have to apply for the 1 year theoretical MSc first, then you can opt in to do the second year placement after you receive an offer.

If you have any questions regarding the course at Southampton, you could email [email protected] - I have found them to be really helpful.

Hi,

Thank you so much for you help!!!!
Original post by apbk
Does anybody else have an interview at Manchester? I'm nervous.

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by apbk
Does anybody else have an interview at Manchester? I'm nervous.

I have an interview in January

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
hey i was wondering do most Audiology applicants go btec.... i feel like i'm the only alevel applicant.
Original post by Lucyjjx
hey i was wondering do most Audiology applicants go btec.... i feel like i'm the only alevel applicant.

I do a level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by apbk
Thanks Ben. Are you doing audiology?

Yes, I've accepted my offer for MSc Audiology at Southampton. I'm really excited. :cute:
Reply 18
Original post by Lucyjjx

I do Advanced Highers (Scottish A-levels)
Reply 19
Does anyone have an interview at Swansea on the 13th of April? I am really nervous about it because its my aspirational choice for university.

Quick Reply

Latest