The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Fashion marketing????

Hi i'm currently doing A levels but will be going uni next year to study fashion marketing. I hope to apply to southampton as my first choice,university for the creative arts, london college of fashion (although i know this one is a bit risky), hertfordshire and Nottingham Trent. I know some of these uni's require an interview and a portfolio. For the interview, what types of questions are they going to ask? and also for the units that require a portfolio, what do i put in it? Im not an art and design student and have never done fashion design. Also, for others applying for this course/ already doing this course, what unis are you applying to?

Scroll to see replies

Hi!
I'm applying for Fashion Management.
I applied to:
Southampton (offer: conditional BBB)
Nottingham Trent (offer: BBB unconditional if firm)
Southampton solent (offer: unconditional)
Manchester Met (offer: 112 points)
London College of Fashion (no reply yet)

Have you sent yours off yet? :smile:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Well done!!! Yes I've applied to Southampton, Nottingham Trent, Hertfordshire, London college of fashion and Uni for the Creative arts. So far I've received offers from Southampton, Hertfordshire and Nottingham Trent (Southampton as my firm choice), I have an interview for UCA in 4 days which I'm so scared about because I don't feel prepared, and also haven't hear back from LCF. Apparently they don't get back to anyone until February x
Original post by mnleo1
Well done!!! Yes I've applied to Southampton, Nottingham Trent, Hertfordshire, London college of fashion and Uni for the Creative arts. So far I've received offers from Southampton, Hertfordshire and Nottingham Trent (Southampton as my firm choice), I have an interview for UCA in 4 days which I'm so scared about because I don't feel prepared, and also haven't hear back from LCF. Apparently they don't get back to anyone until February x

Omg! Good luck!! I'm sure you'll do amazing!
Yeh, I feel like I won't get an offer from them but we'll just have to see.
I wanted Southampton as my firm but now I don't know because Nottingham Trent was my second and its unconditional if I put it firm. This is going to be such a hard decision to make :eek:
The course at Southampton looks amazing though! x
Reply 4
Original post by Natalie_H
Omg! Good luck!! I'm sure you'll do amazing!
Yeh, I feel like I won't get an offer from them but we'll just have to see.
I wanted Southampton as my firm but now I don't know because Nottingham Trent was my second and its unconditional if I put it firm. This is going to be such a hard decision to make :eek:
The course at Southampton looks amazing though! x

Aw thank you!! And I'd love to put Nottingham Trent as my firm but the only thing stopping me is the distance away from home. Southamptons 2 hours away but NT is over 3 which is a bit too much for me haha. But yeah The Southampton course does look amazing so I really hope I get the grades!! X
Original post by mnleo1
Aw thank you!! And I'd love to put Nottingham Trent as my firm but the only thing stopping me is the distance away from home. Southamptons 2 hours away but NT is over 3 which is a bit too much for me haha. But yeah The Southampton course does look amazing so I really hope I get the grades!! X

I'm sure you'll do amazing!! Southampton is like 5 hours away from me and Nottingham is about 3 and a half :colondollar:
Reply 6
Hi!
I'm applying for Fashion Management.
I applied to:
Southampton (offer: conditional BBB)
Nottingham Trent (offer: BBB unconditional if firm)
Southampton solent (offer: unconditional)
Manchester Met (offer: 112 points)
London College of Fashion (no reply yet)

Have you sent yours off yet? :smile:

Hi there! May I ask you what are your predicted grades? I'm wondering should I choose Nottingham trent or southampton for my 'safe choice', I want an unconditional or a nice offer, so id my predicted grade are ABB is it ok for these 2 uni? thanks! :smile:
Original post by Elainelyl
Hi there! May I ask you what are your predicted grades? I'm wondering should I choose Nottingham trent or southampton for my 'safe choice', I want an unconditional or a nice offer, so id my predicted grade are ABB is it ok for these 2 uni? thanks! :smile:

Hey! :smile:
My predicted grades are ABB and then a B for general studies. I got an unconditional if firm and BBB including gen studs otherwise from Nottingham Trent. And the BBB excluding gen studs from Southampton :smile:
Where are you thinking of applying?
Reply 8
Hey! :smile:
My predicted grades are ABB and then a B for general studies. I got an unconditional if firm and BBB including gen studs otherwise from Nottingham Trent. And the BBB excluding gen studs from Southampton :smile:
Where are you thinking of applying?

Oh our predicted grade are the same! I've sent my ucas off last month with 4 choices, so I need to choose one more uni.
Either southampton or Nottingham Trent, but not too sure. Do you know do they need any interview?
Original post by Elainelyl
Oh our predicted grade are the same! I've sent my ucas off last month with 4 choices, so I need to choose one more uni.
Either southampton or Nottingham Trent, but not too sure. Do you know do they need any interview?

I don't think so. I didn't need to interview anyway. :smile:
I'm also applying for Fashion Marketing. I sent my application about 5 or 6 day ago and so far I got an offer from Southampton Solent (it's conditional but they want me to get only 50% from Polish matura which is not much) and I'm still waiting for UCA, LCF, U of Southampton and U of Leeds to reply. How your interview at UCA go? What type of questions did you get?
hello, I just graduated from there. umm i didn't like it. too many Chinese student. Also i didn't learn anything from them. I also paid double price of tuition xx
Reply 12
Original post by hhho09i8uytg
hello, I just graduated from there. umm i didn't like it. too many Chinese student. Also i didn't learn anything from them. I also paid double price of tuition xx

Hi, which university are you referring to ? x
Reply 13
Original post by weronikaiglewska
I'm also applying for Fashion Marketing. I sent my application about 5 or 6 day ago and so far I got an offer from Southampton Solent (it's conditional but they want me to get only 50% from Polish matura which is not much) and I'm still waiting for UCA, LCF, U of Southampton and U of Leeds to reply. How your interview at UCA go? What type of questions did you get?

My interview went better than expected! It's a group interview and there was 8 or 9 of us, and the interviewer makes you feel so relaxed and welcome. She asked me some questions based on my personal statement, like about work experience and who my favourite designers are and stuff, she asked where I like to shop and what magazines I read and if I read any fashion blogs, she asked why I want to do the course/ why Im interested in fashion, what I would like to do after uni (if you're not sure yet thats okay but I said fashion buying), but most of the questions are based on your personal statement so go over it a few times, you'll be fine x
Original post by mnleo1
My interview went better than expected! It's a group interview and there was 8 or 9 of us, and the interviewer makes you feel so relaxed and welcome. She asked me some questions based on my personal statement, like about work experience and who my favourite designers are and stuff, she asked where I like to shop and what magazines I read and if I read any fashion blogs, she asked why I want to do the course/ why Im interested in fashion, what I would like to do after uni (if you're not sure yet thats okay but I said fashion buying), but most of the questions are based on your personal statement so go over it a few times, you'll be fine x

Thank you so much! Did you get the offer from UCA? :smile:
Reply 15
Thank you so much! Did you get the offer from UCA? :smile:

No problem, and yeah they said they would take 2-3 weeks but I managed to get an offer on the same day! I decided to put my firm choice as Southampton and my insurance choice as London College of Fashion though x
Original post by mnleo1
No problem, and yeah they said they would take 2-3 weeks but I managed to get an offer on the same day! I decided to put my firm choice as Southampton and my insurance choice as London College of Fashion though x

Congrats! I'm still waiting for LCF, U of Southampton and UCA to reply. I hope my offer is as good as yours :P
Reply 17
Congrats! I'm still waiting for LCF, U of Southampton and UCA to reply. I hope my offer is as good as yours :P

Aw thank you! I'm sure you'll do amazing in the interview and will receive all your offers! Good luck! xx
Which uni is the best? UCA, LCS or U of Southampton?
Reply 19
did u mean LCF? If so I'd say that is the best uni for its reputation and everything, and then I'd say Southampton because it's a Russel group also. UCA does seem good but I chose to put Uni of Southampton as my first choice and LCF as my insurance choice, simply because I want to move out of london so I get the independence and because Southampton also does look unreal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending