The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Thank GoD! I was getting really scared lol
Thank god, I was getting really scared. CutieTootsie, if you do not mind sharing can u please share what the email entailed regarding the banding system for this year.... and the cut off too possibly ?
I find it so daunting that the Imperial interview is so short! Like how do I make a good enough impression in 15 mins...
Original post by desertlover
I find it so daunting that the Imperial interview is so short! Like how do I make a good enough impression in 15 mins...

if you get invited to interview at imperial, youre likely to get an offer, they want to see you have the right personality+ motivation for medicine and also that youre aware of the realities of the career
Original post by SonicSam
Hi,

I got 4.7, 5.7 , 3.5B but I haven't received any email from Imperial for like almost 2 week- even the ones with banding information e.t.c that some people have mentioned on this thread .... Should I be worried ?My AS grade stand at A,A,A,A in Bio,chem, maths and further Maths and A2 predicted A*,A*,A ...keeping in mind its contextual data...

No need to be worried. That stuff is just useless junk Uni's like to send.
For those who have them, honestly don't worry about the interviews *too* much. As long as you know your PS and genuinely want to do medicine and don't go blank on the day, you'll probably get in. Most people who get interviewed at Imperial for Medicine get in. You've done the hardest bit.
Original post by usycool1
For those who have them, honestly don't worry about the interviews *too* much. As long as you know your PS and genuinely want to do medicine and don't go blank on the day, you'll probably get in. Most people who get interviewed at Imperial for Medicine get in. You've done the hardest bit.

Thanks for the advice! Do you happen to have any stats on the likelihood of an offer once at Interview stage? Also, when choosing who to give offers at that point is only interview performance considered? Or other factors like BMAT, GCSE's perhaps?

do you have a link for that final statement, i hear it a lot but i want solid evidence to set my mind at ease.

p.s sorry about the tall good looking banter
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
if you get invited to interview at imperial, youre likely to get an offer, they want to see you have the right personality+ motivation for medicine and also that youre aware of the realities of the career

Hopefully! I've heard that they are quite *laid back*, not sure how accurate this is though.
Original post by SonicSam
Thank god, I was getting really scared. CutieTootsie, if you do not mind sharing can u please share what the email entailed regarding the banding system for this year.... and the cut off too possibly ?

"The BMAT cut-off point is calculated internally once we have received all the results. Once the cut-off has been set applicants who achieve above the determined threshold will then go into shortlisting for interview selection. Those who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted from mid-December onwards, depending into which banding they fall."
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CutieTootsie
"The BMAT cut-off point is calculated internally once we have received all the results. Once the cut-off has been set applicants who achieve above the determined threshold will then go into shortlisting for interview selection. Those who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted from mid-December onwards, depending into which banding they fall."

So are they sending out interviews in band order? Just to confirm.
(edited 7 years ago)
thankssss

Original post by CutieTootsie
Thanks for the advice! Do you happen to have any stats on the likelihood of an offer once at Interview stage? Also, when choosing who to give offers at that point is only interview performance considered? Or other factors like BMAT, GCSE's perhaps?

It's about 66 - 70% if I remember correctly. I believe it's mainly interview performance, but that's just my own speculation rather than anything else. I think they only look at BMAT/GCSE etc. if things are borderline.

do you have a link for that final statement, i hear it a lot but i want solid evidence to set my mind at ease.

p.s sorry about the tall good looking banter

Have a look at the stats from FOI requests.
It's about 66 - 70% if I remember correctly. I believe it's mainly interview performance, but that's just my own speculation rather than anything else. I think they only look at BMAT/GCSE etc. if things are borderline.

Have a look at the stats from FOI requests.

how do you get a moving avatar picture
how do you get a moving avatar picture

I'm not sure if it's possible anymore! But try uploading a gif on your avatar page.
Reply 635

I think it's around 65% which is quite high compared to other medical schools

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure if it's possible anymore! But try uploading a gif on your avatar page.

ok will try soon thanks
My BMAT score was 5.4, 6.7 and 4.5A and I still haven't heard anything😬.
Original post by audreygal
My BMAT score was 5.4, 6.7 and 4.5A and I still haven't heard anything😬.

Are you an international student?
Original post by oey99
I think it's around 65% which is quite high compared to other medical schools

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol very true, but that's only because they wipe out majority of applicants with the BMAT score plague - survival of the fittest grants an interview loool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending