The Student Room Group

Newcastle Dentistry applicants 2017

Hey everyone! Couldn't find a thread for BDS at Newcastle for next year's entry. Feel free to share where else you have applied, and the progress of your application- who has received any offers/rejections/interviews... and ask questions!!

Good luck to all applying :smile:

So far I haven't heard back from anyone. I applied to Newcastle, Birmingham, Manchester and Sheffield for the BDS course, and Newcastle again for Biomedical Sciences :h:

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys! Newcastle replied to me and a lot of my friends about the outcome of our applications - anyone get an interview?
Reply 2
Original post by mkeshefkhan
Hey guys! Newcastle replied to me and a lot of my friends about the outcome of our applications - anyone get an interview?

My friend at school got a Newcastle interview, did you get one? If so what are your stats please if you don't mind me asking.
Original post by amy2004
My friend at school got a Newcastle interview, did you get one? If so what are your stats please if you don't mind me asking.

Yeah I got an interview on the 20th Jan 2017

My stats are:
GCSE - 2A*s and 8As
AS - BBCC
A-Level predicted grades - AAA
UKCAT: 670 average, Band 2
Reply 4
26th of Jan for me!

GCSE: 11a*
AS: AAAA
A Level predicted: A*A*A*
UKCAT: 2200 (733 Average) Band 2 SJT
Reply 5
Yeah I got an interview on the 20th Jan 2017

My stats are:
GCSE - 2A*s and 8As
AS - BBCC
A-Level predicted grades - AAA
UKCAT: 670 average, Band 2

That's great, congratulations! and thank you for replying.
Reply 6
Original post by Kiino
26th of Jan for me!

GCSE: 11a*
AS: AAAA
A Level predicted: A*A*A*
UKCAT: 2200 (733 Average) Band 2 SJT

Amazing stats, well done!
Reply 7

Hiya, Newcastle gave me an interview for 9th January :smile:
My dd hasn't but her UKCAT score is lower than those on TSR that have been selected.
I have an interview on 11th january
Reply 10
Original post by erin___
Has anyone still not heard about an interview?

I still haven't, it's so depressing 😭
Reply 11
I've got an interview on 20th Jan. What are you guys doing to prepare for it?
Yay daughter got interview today for February.
I have an interview on the 23rd of jan. I've also applied to manchester liverpool and sheffield (lpool and sheffield haven't got back to me yet, anyone else heard back?) how are ppl feeling abt the interview?
Reply 14
What was your ukcat ?
Reply 15
Original post by erin___
At least it's not just me then!

I haven't heard a thing either. I sent an email on Thursday, so if I hear anything I'll let you guys know. When I attended the open day they advised us that we would hear by Christmas
Original post by 0161maria
I have an interview on the 23rd of jan. I've also applied to manchester liverpool and sheffield (lpool and sheffield haven't got back to me yet, anyone else heard back?) how are ppl feeling abt the interview?

Mine's on the same day too!

And I'm not too nervous- I've already had one at Kings and it went pretty badly, so I'm comforted by the thought that it can't get any worse (hopefully lmao).

How're you feeling? Been doing any prep?
Reply 17
Helllllllo all,

I'm a current 4th year at Newcastle. If any of you have any general questions about the dental school or the interview process, feel free to ask!!
Original post by 0161maria

I've got an interview for 9th jan :smile: and I've applied to leeds, liverpool and birmingham, not heard from leeds and liverpool. i've hardly got anything from liverpool apart from an email in october! Hopefully we'll hear something this week :smile:
anyone still not heard?

Quick Reply

Latest