The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science 2017 Thread

Scroll to see replies

General couple of questions here...
Would it be frowned upon or not allowed to take prompting notes into interview?
My friend apparently did this for Teeside and she got offered a place, however I realise all unis will have different opinions.

Also, would it be worth me taking a folder with all my training certificates in? Like cannulation, ECG, TILS, AHLS etc...
Original post by _homesick__
General couple of questions here...
Would it be frowned upon or not allowed to take prompting notes into interview?
My friend apparently did this for Teeside and she got offered a place, however I realise all unis will have different opinions.

Also, would it be worth me taking a folder with all my training certificates in? Like cannulation, ECG, TILS, AHLS etc...

You should be fine taking notes, especially how they will probably talk about elements or structure of the course on the day which may be of interest for you to note down. i'll probably take a notepad with me if I get the interview opportunity:smile:

Same with the certs, it shows evidence of your experience which can't hurt. Also there maybe things they didn't know that they may like, just offer them to have a look:smile:
Original post by 0liverJohn
You should be fine taking notes, especially how they will probably talk about elements or structure of the course on the day which may be of interest for you to note down. i'll probably take a notepad with me if I get the interview opportunity:smile:

Same with the certs, it shows evidence of your experience which can't hurt. Also there maybe things they didn't know that they may like, just offer them to have a look:smile:

Yeah I suppose I'll take them all, then they can choose to look through them if they want.

I still haven't heard from any other unis... I really want to hear back from Staffordshire as it seems a lot of people have already :/
Yeah I suppose I'll take them all, then they can choose to look through them if they want.

I still haven't heard from any other unis... I really want to hear back from Staffordshire as it seems a lot of people have already :/

Yeah, It just shows that extra bit of effort. Same here.. Out of the 5 i've heard from one and that was a rejection. i'm still waiting on staff :smile: No news is good news hopefully:biggrin:
Original post by WaceMindu
Happy to have a look,there's also a personal statment marking service on here.

Did you get my pm?
I had my Staffordshire interview for paramedic science last Thursday, has anybody had interviews for any other unis with this course yet?😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leahjane
I had my Staffordshire interview for paramedic science last Thursday, has anybody had interviews for any other unis with this course yet?😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you submit your ucas? I'm still waiting to hear back from Staffordshire, SHU, BCU and Coventry. I've got an interview for Northampton but that's not til the end of January. I doubt I'll get any interviews through for this year now beings though we're nearly at Christmas holidays!

What did the day consist of for Staffordshire ? If you don't mind me asking :smile:
When did you submit your ucas? I'm still waiting to hear back from Staffordshire, SHU, BCU and Coventry. I've got an interview for Northampton but that's not til the end of January. I doubt I'll get any interviews through for this year now beings though we're nearly at Christmas holidays!

What did the day consist of for Staffordshire ? If you don't mind me asking :smile:

I submitted my ucas on 20th November, I've also applied to BCU but not very confident for it! Hope all goes well with your interview for Northampton!!
The day started with a welcome talk where we were basically told what was offered in the course and told about the university as a whole. Then we were split into groups for a group scenario discussion. For the rest of the day it was interviews and an opportunity to have a go at some of the clinical skills, was really good! Overall it's a long day but was really enjoyable!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I submitted my ucas on 20th November, I've also applied to BCU but not very confident for it! Hope all goes well with your interview for Northampton!!
The day started with a welcome talk where we were basically told what was offered in the course and told about the university as a whole. Then we were split into groups for a group scenario discussion. For the rest of the day it was interviews and an opportunity to have a go at some of the clinical skills, was really good! Overall it's a long day but was really enjoyable!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How come you aren't confident for it? I absolutely loved the open day :biggrin: I got "blown up" in the simulated training demonstration haha.

Where else have you applied?

Thanks for the info! Sounds pretty much like all the other unis interviews then tbh 🙂

My application got send off on the 1st of this month with my references and stuff. I heard from Northampton straight away which is probably why I'm being a bit impatient with the rest haha
(edited 7 years ago)
How come you aren't confident for it? I absolutely loved the open day :biggrin: I got "blown up" in the simulated training demonstration haha.

Where else have you applied?

Thanks for the info! Sounds pretty much like all the other unis interviews then tbh 🙂

My application got send off on the 1st of this month with my references and stuff. I heard from Northampton straight away which is probably why I'm being a bit impatient with the rest haha

My predicted grades are only BCD, but they are the lowest I get in each subject so I'm hoping to actually come out with higher, and I know BCU is competitive! I did love the open day there though!! I've applied for Staffordshire, Birmingham City, Worcester, St. George's university, and Wolverhampton.
Yeah it should be, I hope your interviews go well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My predicted grades are only BCD, but they are the lowest I get in each subject so I'm hoping to actually come out with higher, and I know BCU is competitive! I did love the open day there though!! I've applied for Staffordshire, Birmingham City, Worcester, St. George's university, and Wolverhampton.
Yeah it should be, I hope your interviews go well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

See with an access course which I'm doing, BCU state they only require 30 credits at Merit or distinction which isn't as high as others.. like SHU is 30 at distinction and Northampton is 15 Distinction, 30 Merit so there's absolutely no room for failure with Northampton.

I'm sure you'll get into the uni that's right for you though :smile: Did Staffordshire get back to you yet? Or are they waiting until they send out replies? Sorry for being nosey haha
See with an access course which I'm doing, BCU state they only require 30 credits at Merit or distinction which isn't as high as others.. like SHU is 30 at distinction and Northampton is 15 Distinction, 30 Merit so there's absolutely no room for failure with Northampton.

I'm sure you'll get into the uni that's right for you though :smile: Did Staffordshire get back to you yet? Or are they waiting until they send out replies? Sorry for being nosey haha

Oh I see, good luck with it!!
I hope so, I'm pretty determined to get there so even if it doesn't work I'll find a way to it, no they said to allow a couple weeks to hear back from them so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It's fine I don't mind😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interview at Staffordshire!! :biggrin: Over the moon!
Interview at Staffordshire!! :biggrin: Over the moon!

My portal login stuff got emailed to me today but it doesn't say I have an interview or anything :/. When did you send yours off again?
My portal login stuff got emailed to me today but it doesn't say I have an interview or anything :/. When did you send yours off again?

I haven't got my portal information through yet though, just confirmation of my interview with the information pack. If you have a logon it maybe good news..
I sent mine off on the 5th of december :smile:
I haven't got my portal information through yet though, just confirmation of my interview with the information pack. If you have a logon it maybe good news..
I sent mine off on the 5th of december :smile:

I've logged in but it says no interviews or open days... mine was submitted on 1st :frown:

I'm confused
Did you have to submit and occupational health check?
I've logged in but it says no interviews or open days... mine was submitted on 1st :frown:

I'm confused

I got my login portal a lot earlier than my interview came through, don't worry! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got my login portal a lot earlier than my interview came through, don't worry! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've not received my portal information yet, just my student reference number with an interview date. TRAC's not updated yet either, is this usual? :smile:
I've not received my portal information yet, just my student reference number with an interview date. TRAC's not updated yet either, is this usual? :smile:

My tracking still hasn't updated and I've already had my interview. Apparently it's been having some problems lately anyway so that may be the reason. Hope this helped

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest