The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anonmous270
Are you an international student?

Nope
Just got an interview, have the BMAT results of 6.9 5.5 3.5A, there is still room for error at the interview, however; 480/750 are given an offer at interview stage (~64%). Booked my interview for Feb.

Any advice as to what to do during interviews?
Reply 642
Original post by that_person
Just got an interview, have the BMAT results of 6.9 5.5 3.5A, there is still room for error at the interview, however; 480/750 are given an offer at interview stage (~64%). Booked my interview for Feb.

they send out interviews on a saturday??!

Did you get that email today?

Just stay calm and make sure you know your PS well beforehand. If you end up with a hostile panel (a very small number do - I did when a I applied), just makes sure you stay extra calm and laugh it off with the,. The stats are in your favour, so you'll likely be fine.
Original post by caro99
they send out interviews on a saturday??!

Original post by audreygal
Did you get that email today?

Nah, got it on thursday soz
Most interviews are given out in January. Last year there were two batches of interviews given out in December. Seriously guys just chill!!!
Reply 647
i got an invitation for an interview on Thursday and my score was 4.9 4.9 3A :smile:
has anyone received rejections yet?
Original post by bubbletealover
I've been looking at all the BMAT scores of everyone who's been called to interview so far.The minimum scores I've seen for each section have been 4.7,4.7,3A.Someone earlier mentioned that they emailed Imperial about banding this year in which Imperial did confirm that banding is still being used as it has been in previous years.So my guess is that 4.7,4.7,3A could be the cutoff for Band 1.(which gives me delirious hope)

for band 1 or band 3? seems a bit too low for band 1...
How does imperial teach their course for a100??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Johncenaofficial
How does imperial teach their course for a100??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Integrated with a hint of traditional IIRC
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Integrated with a hint of traditional IIRC

Can u explain that to me please??
Does it mean that it's mostly lecture based or what

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Johncenaofficial
Can u explain that to me please??
Does it mean that it's mostly lecture based or what

Posted from TSR Mobile

Integrated means that that theirs a fair bit of theory, along with patient contact - hence theory and clinical contact are "integrated". I say a bit of traditional, as some medics came into my school said it's slgihtly more lecture based than UCL, which is also integrated. Completely traditional refers to doing all the theory in your first 3 years with no patient contact, like at Oxford and Cambridge, while PBL (I think) has it from the start.
will there be more interview invites before Christmas?
Reply 655
Original post by Tsar101
will there be more interview invites before Christmas?

I'd expect they would be giving out more interviews next week but there would probably be a mass rejection day too where everyone who didn't meet the cutoff will be rejected. Good luck everyone!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubbletealover
I've been looking at all the BMAT scores of everyone who's been called to interview so far.The minimum scores I've seen for each section have been 4.7,4.7,3A.Someone earlier mentioned that they emailed Imperial about banding this year in which Imperial did confirm that banding is still being used as it has been in previous years.So my guess is that 4.7,4.7,3A could be the cutoff for Band 1.(which gives me delirious hope)

i have an interview with 3b and 5.6 5.3 so your s3 approximation isnt right
Reply 657
I have created a spreadsheet for applicants to submit their responses (Just like Cambridge Applicants)
Please complete the following form to submit your response, this would help establish bands and act as guidance.
To complete the form click here
To view everyone`s responses click here
My section 1&2 scores are fine I am just worried I wont have met the cutoff for Section 3. I got 2.5A. Haven't seen anyone with 2.5A get an interview. Has anyone with that S3 score got one that anyone knows of? Starting to worry that'll get me a rejection.
Reply 659
Original post by Elliottmanwaring
My section 1&2 scores are fine I am just worried I wont have met the cutoff for Section 3. I got 2.5A. Haven't seen anyone with 2.5A get an interview. Has anyone with that S3 score got one that anyone knows of? Starting to worry that'll get me a rejection.

The cut-off for section 3 is usually 2.5B so I don't think they would reject you based on it providing your section 1 and 2 scores are above the cut-off too. However, you are likely to be in band 3 because Imperial looks at your lowest section to put you in a band. They keep sending interviews on a weekly basis and it might take a while (up to March). Therefore my advice is be patient and try not to worry about it. Best wishes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending