The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pantego
If anyone in this thread knew that, believe me we'd have said xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahhhh that's true tbh, just seems to be taking ages.
Original post by saahil0987
For me it depended on the individual interviewer some did whilst others didnt so I guess if you stop talking try to just go through your decision think about why you said what you said, any counter arguments, any examples of when you may have experienced similar situations and how you dealt with that and how you learned from that and if its a scenario talk about the different actions you could have taken and the +ves and -ves of that

I think I had follow-up questions from every single interviewer and ran out of time on three stations! Oh dear, I feel definitely that a rejection is coming now :frown:
7 minutes is a veryyyy long time, and I know it's easier said then done, but seriously pace yourself during the stations!
Original post by studentsixth
I think I had follow-up questions from every single interviewer and ran out of time on three stations! Oh dear, I feel definitely that a rejection is coming now :frown:

You can't be sure of that! Don't beat yourself up over the timings, you never know, you may have still really impressed the interviewers :smile:
How are kings sending out interview invites is it weekly?
has anyone received an interview from kings this week or last week? (uk applicants)
Original post by studentsixth

Don't be so negative! We always tend to remember the bad things that happen rather than the hundred good things! Also how was the interviews set up? Were the stations in seperate rooms or in one big hall and separated by curtains/boarders?
Have any international undergraduate students received any interviews yet?
Original post by Jackrosser97
Don't be so negative! We always tend to remember the bad things that happen rather than the hundred good things! Also how was the interviews set up? Were the stations in seperate rooms or in one big hall and separated by curtains/boarders?

Thanks! I'll just hope for the best (plus the experience was quite good anyways!).

The stations are arranged in one room as a clinical layout so you're all quite close to each other. As a result it can get quite noisy but I felt the entire jist of the interview is to try and phase you out.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1129
When is the next set of interviews being given out?
Original post by 11...
When is the next set of interviews being given out?

Why does everyone ask this :s-smilie: ? We're all waiting, nobody knows for sure! Expect it to be soon, but could be next week or the week after, maybe after Christmas. It's always bit unpredictable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karishma behera
Have any international undergraduate students received any interviews yet?

HiI I'm a EU applicant and still waiting but my friend got rejected.. soo that's something, right? I guess they havent started giving out the inter for eu/interna aplicants yet..
Original post by domi98
HiI I'm a EU applicant and still waiting but my friend got rejected.. soo that's something, right? I guess they havent started giving out the inter for eu/interna aplicants yet..

They did start giving out interviews for international students, don't know about EU, but a friend of mine got an interview and she's international (if you go back a few pages you'll see a couple other internationals have gotten interviews) I'm still waiting for a response.
Original post by Mo_elheramy
They did start giving out interviews for international students, don't know about EU, but a friend of mine got an interview and she's international (if you go back a few pages you'll see a couple other internationals have gotten interviews) I'm still waiting for a response.

Crap.. heard about any EUs getting one?
Original post by domi98
Crap.. heard about any EUs getting one?

Nop, but i found it strange that they gave her the interview on february 28th and she received it around late november
Original post by Mo_elheramy
Nop, but i found it strange that they gave her the interview on february 28th and she received it around late november

Yeah that seems weird... maybe it has something to do with her being an international? U know booking tickets and stuff sometimes take time..
Original post by domi98
Yeah that seems weird... maybe it has something to do with her being an international? U know booking tickets and stuff sometimes take time..

I'm also an international student, but I haven't heard back yet

Maybe they send out interview offers in order of UCAS submission - i.e. the earlier you sent the application, the earlier you get a response
Original post by spikyphoenix

Maybe they send out interview offers in order of UCAS submission - i.e. the earlier you sent the application, the earlier you get a response

I've submitted mine pretty late.. 12th dec.. Ur guess gave me some hope xd !

Highly unlikely

I sent mine two days before the deadline and my interview was on the 6th! So I'm guessing not: Whatever way they decide how to interview people, don't get worried. The interview session lasts until April and most people won't even hear until January at the most! The worst thing you want to do is spend all your time worrying about a 'potential' interview when you have your A-Levels too!

The only uni that ever used to do this (I think) was Birmingham and even when they switched to the UKCAT, that stopped. They have about 4,000 applications to get through, they'll get to you trust me
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending