The Student Room Group

Architecture 2017 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by starsfly
Edinburgh gave me an ABB offer

Is it just me or does Edinburgh seem very generous? Are they undersubscribed this year or something? :biggrin: Cause their typical offer says AAA or 40 IB points (i got 34).
Original post by bbglop
Is it just me or does Edinburgh seem very generous? Are they undersubscribed this year or something? :biggrin: Cause their typical offer says AAA or 40 IB points (i got 34).

It says the offer will be ABB if you also achieve certain grades at GCSE 😊
Original post by thewinelake
Some interesting stories filtering back from various interviewees.
One college (Jesus?) asked the sample question from the architecture dept website...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 623
Original post by Heather.scb
It says the offer will be ABB if you also achieve certain grades at GCSE 😊

Yeah I take IB so don't really know how A levels work. :tongue: I was just curious as to why they gave me such a good offer. (Not that I'm complaining though!)
Original post by bbglop
Yeah I take IB so don't really know how A levels work. :tongue: I was just curious as to why they gave me such a good offer. (Not that I'm complaining though!)

Congrats!!!! You are so lucky, I will have to wait till march probably (eu citizen)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GrétaPanna
Alright, who the hell snitched??? :biggrin: Frankly, I hope he/she gets rejected. Not worthy for Pembroke. Btw it was illegal to tell

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure what I think about that. It does seem wrong to ask, but at the same time, it's wrong to ask a question in such a way that many present wouldn't even be able to hazard a guess. I would be very annoyed if I had been given that question, didn't know what it was, struggled to give a largely inappropriate answer, and then found out that another sitting had had more help. I wonder if those marking the papers are even aware that this happened!
I certainly hope I'll get the question that they put on the specimen paper 🙏🏼 It was such a nice question 😭
Original post by bbglop

I have a feeling there were equivalents!! and aha no of course not - congrats by the way!!!
I'm not sure what I think about that. It does seem wrong to ask, but at the same time, it's wrong to ask a question in such a way that many present wouldn't even be able to hazard a guess. I would be very annoyed if I had been given that question, didn't know what it was, struggled to give a largely inappropriate answer, and then found out that another sitting had had more help. I wonder if those marking the papers are even aware that this happened!

Just to clear the air: the rejection I suggested didn't regard the student asking the question. I didn't know the meaning neither and was happy that someone was brave enough to ask. I meant the one who told you this little story. Putting aside that it was illegal, telling what happend may embarrass the Brave Applicant. Not fair at all, way too disrespectful and immature from someone who wish to study at Cambridge. Or from ANYONE really. And I really wish you deleted your comment in connection with this topic, I will do so too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GrétaPanna
Just to clear the air: the rejection I suggested didn't regard the student asking the question. I didn't know the meaning neither and was happy that someone was brave enough to ask. I meant the one who told you this little story. Putting aside that it was illegal, telling what happend may embarrass the Brave Applicant. Not fair at all, way too disrespectful and immature from someone who wish to study at Cambridge. Or from ANYONE really. And I really wish you deleted your comment in connection with this topic, I will do so too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

PRSOM
OK, you guys, I've done my bit, but it's pretty pointless if you don't edit your quotes of it. ;-)
Original post by Mintonmartha
Yeah exactly the same, it's my first offer, have you got any others?

yeah i have manchester, john moores and nottingham
Any idea when UCL start giving out offers?

Probably starting from next week/the week after bc that's two/three weeks after the first interviews
Reply 634

Original post by czhang1998
Probably starting from next week/the week after bc that's two/three weeks after the first interviews

Haven't even been invited to interview yet... :cry2:
I'm not sure you can use common sense - looking at last year's thread, I think the offers (even for those interviewed in early December) didn't come through until late Feb. Going to see if there were any earlier offers....
Original post by bbglop
Haven't even been invited to interview yet... :cry2:

When did you hand in your task?
Reply 637
Original post by starsfly
When did you hand in your task?

six weeks ago. (though they only confirmed it 4 weeks ago). So I guess it's gg well played for me then.

Either that or they just want to do what st.john's did and make me slowly suffer the waiting. :biggrin:
Original post by bbglop
six weeks ago. (though they only confirmed it 4 weeks ago). So I guess it's gg well played for me then.

Either that or they just want to do what st.john's did and make me slowly suffer the waiting. :biggrin:

No news is good news hopefully :redface:
Original post by bbglop

To be fair, haven't heard them sending out interview requests to the second batch yet (or maybe they did)
Fingers crossed😱😱

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending