The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oey99
Does anyone know whether Imperial still looks at BMAT score when making offer decision or is it all down to interview performance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's just interview performance, but they look at the rest of the application in borderline cases.
Reply 681
Original post by MeenalochniDeepy
I think it's just interview performance, but they look at the rest of the application in borderline cases.

That would be pretty good tbh, do you know how long after the interview do they send the offer/rejection?
Original post by oey99
That would be pretty good tbh, do you know how long after the interview do they send the offer/rejection?

Usually about a week or so for the offer, then a bit longer for the rejection. Note the 'usually' though - if you've not heard from them and it's been over a week, there's no need to panic as it can vary between different times in the application cycle.
Oh, and good luck to people who have interviews tomorrow :yy:
Any interviews invite today?
BMAT scores were 4.7 in both sections and 3.5A in the essay - I don't even have any A* predictions and I really don't know how I've managed to get an interview a few days ago - for all those worrying, honestly, my stats aren't great for this uni's requirements and I've somehow got an interview so don't lose hope at all.
Original post by Samyak!
BMAT scores were 4.7 in both sections and 3.5A in the essay - I don't even have any A* predictions and I really don't know how I've managed to get an interview a few days ago - for all those worrying, honestly, my stats aren't great for this uni's requirements and I've somehow got an interview so don't lose hope at all.

They don't care as long as you have AAA. Your post doesn't mean much to those who've gotten low 4s
Reply 687
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
They don't care as long as you have AAA. Your post doesn't mean much to those who've gotten low 4s

What BMAT score did you get? (If you don't mind me asking)
Original post by omea28
what bmat score did you get? (if you don't mind me asking)

4.3 6.7 4.5a
Reply 689
4.3 6.7 4.5a

I got 4.3 in section b so I'm assuming that I've already been rejected 😔 (Everyone else has higher marks)
Reply 690
Original post by oey99
I have created a spreadsheet for applicants to submit their responses (Just like Cambridge Applicants)
Please complete the following form to submit your response, this would help establish bands and act as guidance.
To complete the form click here
To view everyone`s responses click here

Hello everyone,
I have deleted some responses as some people were replying even though they did not receive an interview invitation yet.
Please complete the form only if you received an interview/offer/rejection. It is harder to establish cutoff scores and band boundaries if some people who didn`t receive an interview completed the form.
As of now, 23 applicants completed the form and the average BMAT result for the people who received an interview was 5.6, 5.6, 3.5A.

Good luck everyone with this and your application to other institutions too!!
(edited 7 years ago)
4.3 6.7 4.5a

Original post by Omea28
I got 4.3 in section b so I'm assuming that I've already been rejected 😔 (Everyone else has higher marks)

Welcome to club 4.3 :biggrin:

We were so close but not close enough. Let us pray for a miracle.
To all the graduates out there, just curious to how you plan to fund the course if you get on to either A100 or A109. For GEM I know student finance covers maintenance loans but nothing else. I have some savings but no where near enough to cover tuition over the 5 years, just looking for some advice!
Anyone heard back off imperial this week??
Hey there guys, just wondering how clothing should be done. The website states "smart" but I'm unsure if that means suit-smart or just ownclothesbutsmart-smart. (If I'm unsure I'll just wear a suit and hope I don't stick out like a sore thumb).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AgutheBoo
Hey there guys, just wondering how clothing should be done. The website states "smart" but I'm unsure if that means suit-smart or just ownclothesbutsmart-smart. (If I'm unsure I'll just wear a suit and hope I don't stick out like a sore thumb).

Either are fine, but most tend to come in suits.
Reply 696
How did everyone's interview go today?
come on guyz- how was the interview y'day
any advice?
Original post by carpenoctem
I 100% screwed up my interview 😁😁😂

I know u can't discuss details however do they ask academic questions???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carpenoctem
I think it differs with each applicant. For me they didn't but I've heard that some people have had semi-scientific questions. When's your interview?

I chose to keep my one quite late- 25th of Jan.
It's because I'm quite nervous and have had no practise.
How long was the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending