The Student Room Group

Bandwagon Leicester Thread I

Scroll to see replies

Was at the match, a little nervy at the end, defending really deep.
Great result though, only english team ever to win their first 2 matches. Porto could have deserved a draw, but who the **** cares.
Got to say wasnt expecting Copenhagen to win 4-0 though
Original post by samiz20891
only english team ever to win their first 2 matches.

One of those obviously awkward stats that has to have an asterisk to explain all the tweak done to it to make it work.

It's not even true unless you specifically exclude European history pre-1992 and any rounds that were unfortunately called 'preliminary round' rather than 'first round'.
Leicester ripping it up in Europe. Already guaranteed winners of their group with a game to go still.

Wonder how their luck will be in the draw for the knock-out rounds. Imagine if they win the CL :biggrin:
Original post by Zerforax
Leicester ripping it up in Europe. Already guaranteed winners of their group with a game to go still.

Wonder how their luck will be in the draw for the knock-out rounds. Imagine if they win the CL :biggrin:

Was at the game yesterday, actually started quite well and were pressing quite well too. There was good balance to the play for the first half. But, got really nervy in the second half and were countered way too easily, José Izquierdo scoring a good goal but was far too easy. Definitely need to tightened up or drop deeper against better teams.
But, otherwise great result and let's see who we get next.
Hopefully Bayern Munich, Real Madrid or Juventus, maybe Dortmund for the atmosphere.

If a team makes the final they have to beat a big name anyway, so it would be better to have a big tie now than to potentially face an easier team but a kinda unglamorous one and get knocked out.
Worst start to a title challenge by Leicester in the Premier League I heard (I presume since 1992 since that is when football began..)
Original post by Zerforax
Worst start to a title challenge by Leicester in the Premier League I heard (I presume since 1992 since that is when football began..)

Understandable since it was the best second season of a promoted club in the Premier League ever.
Just got back from the match, great performance by Leicester. loved how they pressed at the start of the match and took advantage of Tbf really poor indecision by Manchester city. could have been 5/6-0 before Manchester city scored, just need the intensity to stay for now.
Bit of a shame about the draw, I'm sure Arsenal and Leicester would like to swap opponents.
Original post by ozzyoscy
Bit of a shame about the draw, I'm sure Arsenal and Leicester would like to swap opponents.

Not really. Seville is a lovely city, and with their away record in Europe in recent years (I think last year they didn't win a single away game (putting aside the neutral ground final)) if we can come back with a draw or narrow defeat we stand a reasonable chance.

Would have preferred Leverkusen, but much happier with this than if we'd got PSG, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich

Posted from TSR Mobile
Home form, 15 points from 24, sixth in the league. Away form, 1 point from 24, joint bottom. How on earth have we got so afraid of travelling?
You guys surely won't get relegated under Ranieri. Even though his relegation battle record has been mixed (he all but relegated Atletico and did keep Parma up)
So on Monday Ross Barkley can play despite a horrific tackle, but vardy is suspended for what was arguably not even a foul. The FA are a complete joke

Posted from TSR Mobile
"This thing happened during a Liverpool/Everton match, but let's feel sorry for a racist diver that plays for Leciester, the world is always against Leicester."
Didn't say that the world was against us - just that it's a complete joke that of the two of them it's Vardy who will be suspended. Don't see how one drunken incident he apologised for, or one disputable incident in April make a difference as to the farce that is the appeals process anyway... :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Didn't say that the world was against us - just that it's a complete joke that of the two of them it's Vardy who will be suspended. Don't see how one drunken incident he apologised for, or one disputable incident in April make a difference as to the farce that is the appeals process anyway... :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh, why is being drunk everyone's excuse for everything? Are all your friends racist when drunk?

What one incident are you talking about in April? I'm thinking of every other match... Vardy's only started scoring because when he runs full pelt into the box it's because he now intends to shoot and score rather than find a player to run into, trail a leg and dive over then insult the referee about.

I know you think it's a joke, you're the most one-sided fan of anything ever, I was joshing about it. The world is against Leicester!
Original post by ozzyoscy
Ugh, why is being drunk everyone's excuse for everything? Are all your friends racist when drunk?

What one incident are you talking about in April? I'm thinking of every other match... Vardy's only started scoring because when he runs full pelt into the box it's because he now intends to shoot and score rather than find a player to run into, trail a leg and dive over then insult the referee about.

I know you think it's a joke, you're the most one-sided fan of anything ever, I was joshing about it. The world is against Leicester!

People tend to say stupid things when drunk. Doesn't excuse it, but not being in clear mind is mitigating circumstances of sort. Notice you've not bothered to answer why one outburst off the pitch means that a wrongful red card is fine...

The West Ham game. Then you should probably actually try watching football, we all know you don't understand the first thing about it, but 99% of the time vardys penalties have been him giving the defenders hope with a poor touch, then afterburners on to just knock it before the defender reaches it. Diving and drawing the foul are not the same thing.

Anyone who thinks an appeal process that focuses more on whether the referees call can be explained rather than whether the punishment is apt isn't a joke is either playing devils advocate for the sake of it, or is straight up ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Then you should probably actually try watching football, we all know you don't understand the first thing about it

What on earth are you talking about?

Notice that I never said one outburst off the pitch means a wrongful red card is fine.

I'm not sure what you think we're arguing about.
Probably that practically every post you've made, certainly in this thread, makes you look like someone who doesn't pay attention to football and is bitter that the usual strategy of claim expertise by going with the money backfired so spectacularly.

That was the obvious insinuation of referring to the racism, and that you even bothered to make that post in the first place... Don't try to play clever - as always not explicitly typing those words doesn't work as escape clause when the implicit meaning is so obvious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably that practically every post you've made, certainly in this thread, makes you look like someone who doesn't pay attention to football

No I mean why are you even saying that? Your reaction to a disagreement was to pretend I don't understand football, and as an insult no less. So you're abusive to people who know less than you about something. Plus your go-to insult was that someone doesn't understand a sport, like 'knowing' football is central to life, which is probably unhealthy. This combined with the hardcore bias isn't favourable.

You're a member of the support team as well, geez.

Quick Reply

Latest