The Student Room Group

Re: HMRC AO & Apprentice

Just received this email. Does this mean my provisional offer has been withdrawn?! Can anyone make sense of it? Thanks in advance.

"Re: CSR/2281/16 Administration Officer and Apprentice. Initially in the advert under vacancy ref. CSR/2281/16 we stated that there would be a variety of roles available including Administration Officer Roles within Enforcement and Compliance, but unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances we are not currently in a position to offer any roles within this business area. However this does not impact Administration Officer Roles on offer within Customer Service, and where applicable candidates will be appointed into these roles as originally planned. Please note any roles offered will be offered in strict order of merit. If you are currently on a reserve list, this will be revisited in merit order should further positions become available within the next few months. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise in advance for any concern or inconvenience this update may have caused you. Regards CS Resourcing"

Scroll to see replies

No it just means they're going to offer you a job on the phones.
Reply 2
Original post by Mega0448
No it just means they're going to offer you a job on the phones.

Reply 3
Original post by Sebastian_Morris
Hi sara was you put on a reserve list too? I also. Received the same email

Nope, I had a provisional offer pending pre-employment checks. That sucks. What did you score in your interview?
Original post by Saramayx
Nope, I had a provisional offer pending pre-employment checks. That sucks. What did you score in your interview?

What did you score
Reply 5

What did you score

5, 5, 5. I know someone that had 4, 4, 4 and was offered a position..

Was this definitely for the CSR/2281/16 role?
Hi,
I got the same email and it' s really confusing, to be honest.
I assume that I still have the job ( pending pre-employment checks) and I will be in customer service and the number of open positions advertised will still be the same.
Reply 7
Original post by Giuseppe1980
Hi,
I got the same email and it' s really confusing, to be honest.
I assume that I still have the job ( pending pre-employment checks) and I will be in customer service and the number of open positions advertised will still be the same.

Don't worry, I just had a response say that we still have the job upon successful completion of the pre-employment checks! :biggrin: Which area have you applied for just out of curiosity?
Reply 8
Yes

Reserve list 1505930 - CSR/2272/16 - Administrative Officer and Apprentice Dear Zoheb I'm writing to confirm that you have successfully reached the required standard in regards to your application under vacancy ref. CSR/2272/16, but unfortunately we are unable to offer you a job immediately. As a result of this you will now be placed on the reserve list under vacancy CSR/2272/16, and considered for any future appointments within your location choices. Please note the reserve list will expire on Friday 2nd May 2017, and there will be no guarantee that you will receive a job offer within this period of time.

That's a different job reference to the one I applied for. Mine was CSR/2281/16.
Don't worry, I just had a response say that we still have the job upon successful completion of the pre-employment checks! :biggrin: Which area have you applied for just out of curiosity?

Cardiff.
You?
I received an email yesterday saying the not got any positions in Enforcement and Compliance, however they got roles in customer service

I applied for Salford, yourself?
Reply 11
Cardiff.
You?

Same! Have you had any other correspondence from them regarding pre-employment checks? Someone I know has had an email asking for 2 character references and to fill out a form regarding the DBS checks but I've not received anything yet.
Reply 12
I received an email yesterday saying the not got any positions in Enforcement and Compliance, however they got roles in customer service

I applied for Salford, yourself?

Cardiff. That's possibly why you have a difference job reference then! And possibly why you got put on the reserve list.. I guess they're only taking on so many in each location. Fingers crossed for you though!
That's a different job reference to the one I applied for. Mine was CSR/2281/16.

What postion did you apply for? And location.
Reply 14
What postion did you apply for? And location.

Administration Officer and Apprentice in Cardiff.
Cardiff. That's possibly why you have a difference job reference then! And possibly why you got put on the reserve list.. I guess they're only taking on so many in each location. Fingers crossed for you though!

Thanks hope it works out for all off us, I heard their checks can take up to 6 months, I've been reading on here where someone applied in January 2016 got offered the provisional but after checks they started in June 2016
Administration Officer and Apprentice in Cardiff.

Yes that's what I applied for too but in north west, I think it depends where they actually need the people in
Reply 17
Thanks hope it works out for all off us, I heard their checks can take up to 6 months, I've been reading on here where someone applied in January 2016 got offered the provisional but after checks they started in June 2016

Hopefully! I was told in the interview that my start date would be in February but I'm not getting my hopes up! Haha.
Hopefully! I was told in the interview that my start date would be in February but I'm not getting my hopes up! Haha.

Same for me
Reply 19
Same for me

Did you get an email regarding my above post? ^

Quick Reply

Latest