The Student Room Group

i want to join the british army.. .

I use to work with British army dow in Afghanistan as linguist and culture advisor but now i am in UK and i want to join the British army back as infantry solder
so my question is. Can afghans join the british army in UK by common passport?
Hi, I believe you need to be either a British citizen or a citizen of a Commonwealth country. If it's the latter then I believe you need to have lived here for five years. If you're neither then I don't think you can join.
Hope this helps!
Reply 2
According to the British Army National Recruiting Centre the rules have changed ever so slightly.

If you are a British Citizen or from a Commonwealth country with a British passport or Commonwealth passport respectively, you can apply on-line. If you have been in the UK for 5+ years you can apply via the normal entry method. This is essentially exactly what MadVisionary has just stated.....

....However, you can apply from a Commonwealth country at any time having spent no time in the UK. You will fill out a residency questionnaire as well as the standard application on-line and they will guide you on what is required from you when it comes to a visa stamp in your passport.
This is classed as a Commonwealth entry. Some countries have a really long backlog of applicants, for example; Tonga. A 3-4 year waiting list is estimated by the NRC so a standard application may be preferable if you've been in the UK for 5 years or over.

Of course this is only relevant if you're from the UK or a Commonwealth country. I'm sorry to say that Afghanistan is not either of those. So you would not be able to join the British army by Commonwealth entry but if you've been living in the UK for over 5 years and have a UK passport.......
Original post by karimi
I use to work with British army dow in Afghanistan as linguist and culture advisor but now i am in UK and i want to join the British army back as infantry solder
so my question is. Can afghans join the british army in UK by common passport?

This is a GCSE forum board maybe ask somewhere else.

Quick Reply

Latest