The Student Room Group

Buckingham Medicine 2018 Entry

I haven't seen a thread on here for Buckingham yet so I thought I'd start one.

Has anyone heard back regarding interviews yet?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by neuralgal
I haven't seen a thread on here for Buckingham yet so I thought I'd start one.

Has anyone heard back regarding interviews yet?

Yes 16th March!
Original post by drgoundry
Yes 16th March!

That's great, congrats! My interview is scheduled the same day :smile:

Are you an international student?
That's great, congrats! My interview is scheduled the same day :smile:

Are you an international student?

Congratulations! No, UK post grad :smile:
Also got an interview on 16th March! UK Home Student. First time UCAS applicant. Good luck to everyone here :smile:
Original post by LightAtTheEnd
Also got an interview on 16th March! UK Home Student. First time UCAS applicant. Good luck to everyone here :smile:

Good luck to you as well :smile:
Hi,

How are you guys able to fund this degree?

Is this course eligible for student loan?
Original post by Cyclosporin
Hi,

Depends on where you're from. I'm fairly certain I can get a student loan in my home country to help pay for this.
Hi, I got an interview on March 16 as well! As an international student though
Hi,

The student loan does NOT sponsor this course. I am being funded by my parents. I still think if you are able to get the course you want to do and go into a sector your really like, then it is worth the money.
Reply 10
Is the UCAS form and additional documents such as transcripts all thats needed or do you have to fill out an online application as well?
I only did the on line application. I think you can do either but I didn't want to waste a UCAS option as you can apply directly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crj512
Is the UCAS form and additional documents such as transcripts all thats needed or do you have to fill out an online application as well?

I did the online as well. It's essentially the same as the UCAS form, just with a slightly different personal statement.
Original post by crj512

I did the application online. It would have been a waste of a UCAS option if I done it through UCAS. As a result I applied using their application form that I found on their website.

Original post by drgoundry
I only did the on line application. I think you can do either but I didn't want to waste a UCAS option as you can apply directly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the online as well. It's essentially the same as the UCAS form, just with a slightly different personal statement.

Yup also did it in online. I wonder if there are any undergraduate UK students/school leavers who wish to do this course as well!
Original post by LightAtTheEnd
I did the application online. It would have been a waste of a UCAS option if I done it through UCAS. As a result I applied using their application form that I found on their website.

Yup also did it in online. I wonder if there are any undergraduate UK students/school leavers who wish to do this course as well!

Many, such as myself would like to, but the course is too expensive...
Many, such as myself would like to, but the course is too expensive...

It certainly is and that is a real shame. Uni fees in general are pretty high and to make matters worse, this course isn't funded by student finance either. This will be my absolute last resort to try and do medicine as that is my dream. If I don't get any normal unis or this uni either then I will consider going to other countries to do medicine because I really really want to do medicine but postgraduate medicine is extremely difficult to get into... That is what I feel at least...
This is exactly my position too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
personally, i applied for buckingham on a bit of a whimm, i dont fully intend on going there due to the cost mostly and dont want to move as me and my partner have a house. i didnt get an interview at newcastle this year but that is because i got 643 ukcat, i knew it was too low as soon as i got my result. but going to use my interview on the 6th of july as experience and see what sort of things they ask, i am currently a newly qualified nurse who now works in ITU so i have the experience and basis of knowledge

how are all of you preparing?
Original post by xJessScott
personally, i applied for buckingham on a bit of a whimm, i dont fully intend on going there due to the cost mostly and dont want to move as me and my partner have a house. i didnt get an interview at newcastle this year but that is because i got 643 ukcat, i knew it was too low as soon as i got my result. but going to use my interview on the 6th of july as experience and see what sort of things they ask, i am currently a newly qualified nurse who now works in ITU so i have the experience and basis of knowledge

how are all of you preparing?

Just preparing for the typical questions. Guessing we should just try our structure our answers and not necessarily know them word for word.

Also, this is indeed like a last resort for quite a few people. Most would rather go to a cheaper university but I'd rather do medicine at Buckingham then do a course other than medicine tbh.

Good luck to all fellow applicants :smile:
Got an offer from Warwick, so I'll be withdrawing my application from here. Good luck to the rest of you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending