The Student Room Group

WJEC/Eduqas biology help!

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there are any of you out there that do WJEC/Eduqas A level biology? I think I go to the only sixth form in Birmingham that offers this ridiculous biology course.We're all in A2 now as our class average is a U so I'm desperate for any help anyone could provide. Any tips, tricks, resources, textbook recommendations, study buddies would be lovely.
Reply 1
Original post by hxrl3yB00
Hi guys,

I was wondering if there are any of you out there that do WJEC/Eduqas A level biology? I think I go to the only sixth form in Birmingham that offers this ridiculous biology course.We're all in A2 now as our class average is a U so I'm desperate for any help anyone could provide. Any tips, tricks, resources, textbook recommendations, study buddies would be lovely.

Use Physics and Maths Tutor, Biologymad and the recommended textbook. You should spend your time answering exam timetable instead of making notes, and reading your textbook over and over again.

A-level Biology is pretty much just memorising the mark scheme, and understanding the points made.
Reply 2
Original post by kkboyk
Use Physics and Maths Tutor, Biologymad and the recommended textbook. You should spend your time answering exam timetable instead of making notes, and reading your textbook over and over again.

A-level Biology is pretty much just memorising the mark scheme, and understanding the points made.

Thank you!

I haven't heard of Biologymad before so will check it out.
Okay, so with the making notes, do I not bother at all? I don't have very good class notes as our teachers just give us worksheets so I've been making my own notes as I go a long (a little white lie, I missed quite a few AS lessons and start of A2 lessons so I'm catching up on notes)
Regarding markscheme... I find WJEC in general very weird to understand. One of my teachers is a marker for WJEC but she often marks things wrong when according to the textbook they're right (i.e. definitions that are blatantly copied). What's the trick behind it?

Quick Reply

Latest