The Student Room Group

Adult nursing USW 2017

Hi,
Anyone applying for adult nursing at uni of South Wales for 2017? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Moved your thread into the Nursing & Midwifery section - hopefully you'll find someone here. :smile:
Hello :smile:
I am - applied last month.
Did you go to the open day?? I loved it. Got me so excited bout studying there..... haven't heard from them tho :frown: I don't have recent study so I worry I won't have a chance. Still excited tho lol xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Yeah went to the open day! Very excited! :smile: i'm sure we'll hear soon we just have to try and be patient! :smile: what do you mean by recent study? :smile: best of luck with your application!! :smile:
It was a fab day wasn't it?? I loved it.... the simulation centre is amazing eh!!!!
Awww well I have 2 hnc's and done a year and a half of the child health nursing degree but.... 10 years ago. Since then iv had my kids and now a carer for my mum. Some university's require the study to be more recent. I applied to Cardiff too and they said no a few weeks ago!!! Here's hoping for at least an interview with USW. I did ask admissions and she seemed positive about the recent study but who knows!!!!!
Patience is needed 😘 xxx
Good luck, keep me posted on any news xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by elvislass77
It was a fab day wasn't it?? I loved it.... the simulation centre is amazing eh!!!!
Awww well I have 2 hnc's and done a year and a half of the child health nursing degree but.... 10 years ago. Since then iv had my kids and now a carer for my mum. Some university's require the study to be more recent. I applied to Cardiff too and they said no a few weeks ago!!! Here's hoping for at least an interview with USW. I did ask admissions and she seemed positive about the recent study but who knows!!!!!
Patience is needed 😘 xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was so informative! I really enjoyed it :smile: oh right! If the admission team spoke posituvley about it I'm sure that will be fine :smile: awh that's a shame from Cardiff :frown: but USW seems better anyway! 🙈 Same to you! :smile: xx
Reply 6
Original post by elvislass77
Patience is needed 😘 xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey!
I have an interview on the 9th December! (Yay!) have you heard anything yet? :smile: x
Reply 7
I had an interview on the 9th December and they offered me a place today for march! 😊 Any one else had an offer for March 17?
Reply 8
Original post by SM22690
I had an interview on the 9th December and they offered me a place today for march! 😊 Any one else had an offer for March 17?

well done! i'll be starting in march too! :smile:
Reply 9
Oh we were probably sat in that room together waiting 😊
Reply 10
Original post by SM22690
Oh we were probably sat in that room together waiting 😊

we probably were! my interview was at 12 what time was yours :smile:
Reply 11
Ah I didn't have my interview until 2 o'clock but I was there at 1, there were quite a few people there so they must have had a fair number of spaces to fill. Are you going to be living at home or accommodation at the uni? X
Reply 12
Original post by SM22690
Ah I didn't have my interview until 2 o'clock but I was there at 1, there were quite a few people there so they must have had a fair number of spaces to fill. Are you going to be living at home or accommodation at the uni? X

we may have! I'm living at home :smile: what about you? :smile: x
I originally applied for the Learning Disability Nursing for Sept 2016 but changed my mind and applied for March 2017 and was offered a place same day as my Interview. I am so excited to start but very nervous too!
Reply 14
Original post by Captainphasma
I originally applied for the Learning Disability Nursing for Sept 2016 but changed my mind and applied for March 2017 and was offered a place same day as my Interview. I am so excited to start but very nervous too!

Aww fab! i'm the same can't wait to start!
Reply 15
I'm living at home too, I live about half an hour from the uni in aberdare! They rang me two hours after my interview on Friday but I missed the call and then had to wait until the Monday to find out what it was about I was a nervous wreck all weekend 😂 I'm so excited but nervous too, it's nice to chat to people who will be starting the same time x
Reply 16
Original post by SM22690
I'm living at home too, I live about half an hour from the uni in aberdare! They rang me two hours after my interview on Friday but I missed the call and then had to wait until the Monday to find out what it was about I was a nervous wreck all weekend 😂 I'm so excited but nervous too, it's nice to chat to people who will be starting the same time x

That must have been so horrible! Its nice finding people before you actually start! :smile: have you joined the USW fresher group on facebook? x
Reply 17
Hello! I'm starting in March too!
Reply 18
Original post by BA1995
we probably were! my interview was at 12 what time was yours :smile:

My interview was at 12pm too :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by An-Drea
My interview was at 12pm too :smile:

we probably saw each other there then :smile: are you excited to start :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest