The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

So I applied for History on the 18th of October and I've got offers from Durham and Edinburgh but I've heard nothing from St. Andrews. I'm an international student and I was wondering if this is normal?? I know that they said they would get back by the 3rd week of November but I'm guessing that that's not the case anymore as none of my friends have heard back either. I'm just assuming that it'll be after January that I'll hear- are any other international students in the same boat?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by indistop12
So I applied for History on the 18th of October and I've got offers from Durham and Edinburgh but I've heard nothing from St. Andrews. I'm an international student and I was wondering if this is normal?? I know that they said they would get back by the 3rd week of November but I'm guessing that that's not the case anymore as none of my friends have heard back either. I'm just assuming that it'll be after January that I'll hear- are any other international students in the same boat?

Ummm I think my friend is for Physics. I got an offer on the third week of November so idk. Maybe send a clarifying email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any RUK (England/Wales/Northern Ireland) applicants receive an offer for Physics yet?

International here that applied October 31. Still pending decision, but its because information was missing. You may want to email and see if that is the case for you. If you're sure your application is complete, then just be patient (I know...easier said than done!). Wishing the best for you!

Original post by STAHope17

On the American forum for St Andrews applicants, they said that there was a larger international applicant pool this year so that it's no longer guaranteed you hear back by the 3rd week of November.

You're more likely to hear back in January supposedly :smile:
Original post by STAHope17
International here that applied October 31. Still pending decision, but its because information was missing. You may want to email and see if that is the case for you. If you're sure your application is complete, then just be patient (I know...easier said than done!). Wishing the best for you!

I called today and they said they're planning to send out a bulk of offers tomorrow (I think at about lunchtime for eastcoast US students) and if it's not there then January! :smile: Wishing the best for you too!!
Original post by Capricancer
On the American forum for St Andrews applicants, they said that there was a larger international applicant pool this year so that it's no longer guaranteed you hear back by the 3rd week of November.

You're more likely to hear back in January supposedly :smile:

I didn't even know there was an American forum!! Yeah that's pretty much what they said when I called them, except they're sending a bunch out tomorrow. But after that it's January!!
Reply 387
is there anyone who has got an offer for IR & Economics?
Any USA applicants receive a decision or offer today? If so, what time did you receive?
Original post by Pippawatsonn
Hi I'm applying for the same course as you can I ask if your English applicant like me?

I live in London if that's what you mean
I'm a US applicant and I got an unconditional for History today!! :smile:

Congratulations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Congratulations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!!! :smile:

Congratulations!
Original post by DarkEnergy
Any RUK (England/Wales/Northern Ireland) applicants receive an offer for Physics yet?

I'm still waiting. I don't think the physics department has given any RUK offers yet.
Course Applying: Astrophysics
AS/A2 subjects: Latin, Greek, History, Maths, Chemistry, Further Maths, Physics and Biology. (Completed A2s in History, Latin, Greek and Maths to A* level)
GCSE grades: 16 A*s 1 A^
AS predicted: Redundant now heheh
AS grades: AAAA for Further maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology
Supra-curriculars: Peer mentor, grade 7 piano, grade 6 violin, biology oympiad, physics club, student rep for classics, model UN and chess club. Also experience at an engineering place too much stuff hahahaha
Other unis considering/applying to: Cambridge, Imperial, Manchester, UCL and Durham
Reply 396
Original post by AtticusFelix
Course Applying: Astrophysics
AS/A2 subjects: Latin, Greek, History, Maths, Chemistry, Further Maths, Physics and Biology. (Completed A2s in History, Latin, Greek and Maths to A* level)
GCSE grades: 16 A*s 1 A^
AS predicted: Redundant now heheh
AS grades: AAAA for Further maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology
Supra-curriculars: Peer mentor, grade 7 piano, grade 6 violin, biology oympiad, physics club, student rep for classics, model UN and chess club. Also experience at an engineering place too much stuff hahahaha
Other unis considering/applying to: Cambridge, Imperial, Manchester, UCL and Durham

I hope your personal statement didn't convey the same attitude as this.
Original post by Oxy
I hope your personal statement didn't convey the same attitude as this.

Which was???? :s-smilie:

They didn't say anything bad at all? They just have good grades!
Reply 398
Original post by Shadow Hunters
Which was???? :s-smilie:

They didn't say anything bad at all? They just have good grades!

Well, you just said it yourself...
Offer for maths and biology! I'm an RUK student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending