The Student Room Group

Joining hmrc from nics

Anyone got any experience or knowledge of joining HMRc from Northern Ireland Civil Service, in terms of recognition of years service and pensions arrangements?
Original post by B711
Anyone got any experience or knowledge of joining HMRc from Northern Ireland Civil Service, in terms of recognition of years service and pensions arrangements?

I start Monday, will let you know, lol. Pension transfers straight across (albeit crappy Alpha scheme), years service might be a different matter but I'm going to fight my corner, lol.
Reply 2
You ruined it. I had gotten very fond of my 0 replies. Starting Monday myself, so we will see.
Reply 3
Original post by MurphysLaw2471
I start Monday, will let you know, lol. Pension transfers straight across (albeit crappy Alpha scheme), years service might be a different matter but I'm going to fight my corner, lol.

Original post by B711
You ruined it. I had gotten very fond of my 0 replies. Starting Monday myself, so we will see.

Hi guys, what was the verdict regarding previous service and leave etc?
Original post by ID07
Hi guys, what was the verdict regarding previous service and leave etc?

You won't get the same leave allowance as you had in NiCS but your years service will carry forward to HMRC when calculating your new leave allowance. Might be a bit of a mission to sort out initially via HR but all in good time......
Reply 5
You won't get the same leave allowance as you had in NiCS but your years service will carry forward to HMRC when calculating your new leave allowance. Might be a bit of a mission to sort out initially via HR but all in good time......

So if you have say ten years previous you would get their full leave entitlement?
Original post by ID07
So if you have say ten years previous you would get their full leave entitlement?

Seems to be so.....
Reply 7
Seems to be so.....

Great, thanks for the replies 👍
Original post by ID07
Great, thanks for the replies 👍

What dept you joining no from?
Reply 9
What dept you joining no from?

Hope to be joining from DOJ
Original post by ID07
Hope to be joining from DOJ

Pm sent
Reply 11
Any further confirmation of this guys? I am going to be in the same position when I get a start date. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by NMP16
Any further confirmation of this guys? I am going to be in the same position when I get a start date. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Waiting on a start date. To be honest I haven't bothered emailing them about this, probably easier to sort it if and when a start date comes through.
Reply 13
I emailed them a while back and they said I'd be starting from scratch. Can anyone who has already started confirm what happened with them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending