The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CharliCharli24
I'm in exactly the same boat! Been checking UCAS periodically throughout today but no news just yet :frown:
Already had 2 rejections (Warwick and King's) so fingers crossed

You're in exactly the same boat as me, what's your stats? I have a 1st in biomed and 674 UKCAT
Warwick interviews being given out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys! Has anyone heard from St George's yet?
Original post by LuffStudent
Hi guys! Has anyone heard from St George's yet?

They started sending out interview yesterday!
Stupid question, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to go to unread post on a thread?! How do I do this from 'watched threads'?
Has anyone who didn't get an email from SGUL yesterday received one today? Wasn't worried yesterday when I didn't get one but now I'm starting too a little as I meet all the criteria at this stage for interview....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Themightylaa
Has anyone who didn't get an email from SGUL yesterday received one today? Wasn't worried yesterday when I didn't get one but now I'm starting too a little as I meet all the criteria at this stage for interview....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't heard anything yet either either. I saw several people who also meet the criteria that haven't heard and presumably would post when they do. I hope we hear soon though or I might get RSI from refreshing my emails too often.
Anyone heard anything from Barts yet?
Reply 2648
Original post by Blofeldz
I haven't heard anything yet either either. I saw several people who also meet the criteria that haven't heard and presumably would post when they do. I hope we hear soon though or I might get RSI from refreshing my emails too often.

Yeah i also meet the criteria for SGUL but have seen nothing yet
Original post by Rndons19
Anyone heard anything from Barts yet?

Nope. Still waiting to hear from Barts and Newcastle, although I'm not holding out much hope for the latter.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Medici103
Nope. Still waiting to hear from Barts and Newcastle, although I'm not holding out much hope for the latter.

I feel the same!! UKCAT of 674 and a 1st in biomed so feel more confident with barts due to the weighting. What about you?
I feel the same!! UKCAT of 674 and a 1st in biomed so feel more confident with barts due to the weighting. What about you?

1st in human physiology, distinction in biomedicine (MSc), 730 UKCAT. only thing that worries me is the band 3 I got in SJ. :frown:
1st in human physiology, distinction in biomedicine (MSc), 730 UKCAT. only thing that worries me is the band 3 I got in SJ. :frown:

I see, that's better stats than mine. Still hopeful I can get an interview at barts though, as far as I remember they only look at SJ at interview not before. Fingers crossed for us!
Hi guys I've got an invitation to interview from St.George's but I can't find the "respond to interview invitation" button on the portal? Am I just being dumb and not seeing it or is anyone else having this problem?
I see, that's better stats than mine. Still hopeful I can get an interview at barts though, as far as I remember they only look at SJ at interview not before. Fingers crossed for us!

Yes, fingers crossed! I'm really hoping that this is my last application cycle - for good reasons not rejection type ones!
Yes, fingers crossed! I'm really hoping that this is my last application cycle - for good reasons not rejection type ones!

Same but feel I will end up applying again, it's my 3rd technically as I applied from sixth form and then this is my 2nd year applying for graduate entry. What about you?
Same but feel I will end up applying again, it's my 3rd technically as I applied from sixth form and then this is my 2nd year applying for graduate entry. What about you?

Cycle one - no UKCAT (applied after access course)
Cycle two - UKCAT 647.5 (applied in A2 year of humanities A levels - foundation programmes)
Cycle three - UKCAT 667 (applied to Southampton BM5 after taking science a levels in one year - post interview rejection)
Cycle four - UKCAT 615 (applied in final year of UG degree)
Cycle five - UKCAT 637 (sat UKCAT but didn't apply - MSc didn't finish until September 30th)
Cycle six - UKCAT 730 (Applying following MSc)

I may be a bit stubborn. :colondollar:
Cycle two - UKCAT 647.5 (applied in A2 year of humanities A levels - foundation programmes)
Cycle three - UKCAT 667 (applied to Southampton BM5 after taking science a levels in one year - post interview rejection)
Cycle five - UKCAT 637 (sat UKCAT but didn't apply - MSc didn't finish until September 30th)

Wow! You are clearly very committed to studying medicine! Good luck with your application this time! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow thats amazing commitment. i hope this years the year for you. how many interviews have you got so far?
Original post by medicwannabe21
Wow! You are clearly very committed to studying medicine! Good luck with your application this time! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Hugh Laurie
wow thats amazing commitment. i hope this years the year for you. how many interviews have you got so far?

Thank you! I just know I don't want to sit the UKCAT ever again! I have two interviews so far; Southampton and Warwick.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending