The Student Room Group

Are revision timetables worth it?

Basically as the title says really. I can't decide whether to spend the time making a revision timetable when I might not stick to it anyway or whether it'd actually help me beat procrastination and would allow me enough time to get everything done. Also, if you think revision timetables are a good idea how detailed would you recommend making them? Do you just make a list of subjects to cover that day? Or do you allocate a time slot to each topic? Or do you go as far as picking specific tasks you'll do at certain times?

Thanks in advance for any help

Scroll to see replies

I found that the best way is to assign a list of subjects to do that day rather than stick to a real timetable as it's almost impossible to stick to it 100%
A rough timetable where you know approx how much you'll be atudying that day e.g. topics etc.
An exact timetable :s-smilie: not really a fan of but works for some :dontknow:
PRSOM

Banana :h::h: :banana::banana2:
Reply 4
They are totally worth it.. Tbh 1hr should be enough to make it
Here is mine(This is a new one that will be in use as from 9 January). I made mine subject wise because lack of space lol

However to plan my day-to-day work
I will use diary 2017
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
^THIS.

A prescriptive timetable, which attempts to plan every waking minute is destined for failure - no-one's life can be that organised. S*** happens. But, as says, a rough timetable showing all the amount of work to be covered and how it will fit into the time available is absolutely invaluable.
Reply 6
Original post by Reality Check
^THIS.

A prescriptive timetable, which attempts to plan every waking minute is destined for failure - no-one's life can be that organised. S*** happens. But, as @starfab says, a rough timetable showing all the amount of work to be covered and how it will fit into the time available is absolutely invaluable.

I suggested something too above...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
No problem! I did it per subject since I have only 5 of them. You can still do it daywise. Also, check out Student Agenda app on playstore. Very helpful for timetable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly - it's like a too prescriptive diet - one accidental chocolate biscuit and it all goes out the window!
Reply 9
Also one thing I suggest, go in your room 10 mins before studying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't set specific times and topics! Just a list of topics to be done that day or week and give yourself enough time to do them all. I find I get more stressed if I know something should be done that day but everyone's different. Remember to take as long as you need to complete a task, rushing won't achieve anything.
YES! I find that they are extremely helpful for revision. They helped me to achieve A*s and Bs during my GCSE's so I would definitely recommend it. However everyone is different and what works for me, might not work for you. Just try to stick to 1 or 2 subjects a day and try not to over do it. For example revise for 25 minutes and then have a 5 minute break and so on :smile:
Original post by greghayes
I found that the best way is to assign a list of subjects to do that day rather than stick to a real timetable as it's almost impossible to stick to it 100%

Hey, do you think it would be better to write a list of revision to-do's for the current day everyday, or write a list for each day of the week at once every week?
Original post by Kaiylar
Hey, do you think it would be better to write a list of revision to-do's for the current day everyday, or write a list for each day of the week at once every week?

At the minute, I'm writing a to-do list every day so anything that isn't finished can be carried over
Original post by greghayes
At the minute, I'm writing a to-do list every day so anything that isn't finished can be carried over

That's good but it encourages procrastination

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trevish
That's good but it encourages procrastination

Posted from TSR Mobile

it depends how motivated you are. I'm very self-motivated an do all the work I'm set plus extra so it works out really well for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending