Original post by bbglop
:colone:

did we speak?
Original post by bbglop
actually 12:
- 5 guy, 7 girls
- and 9 Asians :biggrin:

Interesting.. so many Asians there.
My daughter is one of the Asian from USA there.
Hey congrats! how long did it take Cardiff to answer after they've received your portfolio?
Original post by bbglop
Finally, Cardiff. :colondollar:

Now I can rest in peace after my cambridge interview.

Hey congrats! how long did it take Cardiff to answer after they've received your portfolio?
Reply 685
Original post by Elacob999

about six weeks
Reply 686
Original post by poopiepie

did we speak?

are you from Spain/Malaysia/Thailand/Hong Kong?

...if so we probably did.
I've been asked to provide a 3D piece of work for one of my portfolios, however I've never done any 3D work before, does anyone has any suggestions of what I could do for this???
Original post by sofiacovxo
I've been asked to provide a 3D piece of work for one of my portfolios, however I've never done any 3D work before, does anyone has any suggestions of what I could do for this???

An architecture model/design? A whole project.
Original post by thewinelake
Lots of girls at Christ's too - I wonder when the stats on that come out?!
Just looking at the stats - I see that nearly twice as many girls applied than boys, twice the number got offers and a smidge more than twice as many accepted.
That last figure suggests that the conversion rate of offer->place is slightly lower with boys. I wonder if that's down to exam performance or personal choice.
I only know of 2 people who would turn down an offer from Cambridge if their preferred option came through (a girl and a boy).

Just seen that History of Art admitted 1 boy and 22 girls in 2015!

Wow the gender difference 😂
Original post by bbglop
are you from Spain/Malaysia/Thailand/Hong Kong?

...if so we probably did.

omgg norway? I know your name hue Thailand here
Original post by TSRMatt
You've got Nottingham??

Yes, they got back to me yesterday

Firstly, you shouldve thought of this before. Like, months prior... anyway, I think for the first 3d, you could begin with origami experiments, wire sculptures, clay/plaster models... certainly not architectural models.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

You should do something with clay or even do some pieces using a 3D pen!!!! thats always fun! Also I think you could do an architectural piece if you so wanted to, but it would need to be properly done.

What other people are saying is about right - clay (probably air-drying) is a good bet for a nice accesible medium, but wire could be more interesting.

Definitely stay away from architectural models as this would be showing your hand too early, also if it is not up to their standards it could do more harm than good.

Good luck!
Reply 695
Original post by poopiepie
omgg norway? I know your name hue Thailand here

heheh...I knew you would remember :wink:
Reply 696

Which uni was this?

but yeah, I think you should follow the advices here and start easy.

An easy start would be to just take your favorite 2D piece and translate it into a (or multiple) 3D. Paper models are always a good start (you'd be surprised how simple folds can create some nice structures), wire models are also fun. Or you could even use found objects.
Just been invited to UCL interview for February! I don't want to go there but still hurray!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GrétaPanna
Just been invited to UCL interview for February! I don't want to go there but still hurray!

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you hand in your task?
Original post by GrétaPanna

Posted from TSR Mobile

CONGRATS BTW ( cant find right emoji)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending