The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2660
Original post by Medici103
Cycle one - no UKCAT (applied after access course)
Cycle two - UKCAT 647.5 (applied in A2 year of humanities A levels - foundation programmes)
Cycle three - UKCAT 667 (applied to Southampton BM5 after taking science a levels in one year - post interview rejection)
Cycle four - UKCAT 615 (applied in final year of UG degree)
Cycle five - UKCAT 637 (sat UKCAT but didn't apply - MSc didn't finish until September 30th)
Cycle six - UKCAT 730 (Applying following MSc)

I may be a bit stubborn. :colondollar:

Wow, that is some dedication and determination right there! Really hope this year works out for you :smile:
Cycle one - no UKCAT (applied after access course)
Cycle two - UKCAT 647.5 (applied in A2 year of humanities A levels - foundation programmes)
Cycle three - UKCAT 667 (applied to Southampton BM5 after taking science a levels in one year - post interview rejection)
Cycle four - UKCAT 615 (applied in final year of UG degree)
Cycle five - UKCAT 637 (sat UKCAT but didn't apply - MSc didn't finish until September 30th)
Cycle six - UKCAT 730 (Applying following MSc)

I may be a bit stubborn. :colondollar:

Oh wow I thought 3 was bad enough! You must be emotionally drained! Wish you so much luck, you deserve it for the determination alone! My UKCAT hasn't changed much at all over the years which sucks despite more revision over the years. I'm willing to give it another go at least, that'll be 2 years after actually graduating and then I will see where I am. It's what I've always wanted to be (since I was 11) but I don't know if I can out myself through 5,6 or even 10 cycles. Comes a time where you go it's not meant to be.

Good luck again!
Original post by Rndons19
Oh wow I thought 3 was bad enough! You must be emotionally drained! Wish you so much luck, you deserve it for the determination alone! My UKCAT hasn't changed much at all over the years which sucks despite more revision over the years. I'm willing to give it another go at least, that'll be 2 years after actually graduating and then I will see where I am. It's what I've always wanted to be (since I was 11) but I don't know if I can out myself through 5,6 or even 10 cycles. Comes a time where you go it's not meant to be.

Good luck again!

I thought about calling it a day, but after getting a decent UCKAT this year I decided to give it a shot. This year I feel like I have ducks in a row, rather than squirrels at a rave. Hopefully the fates (and the interviewers) will be kind!
Thank you! I just know I don't want to sit the UKCAT ever again! I have two interviews so far; Southampton and Warwick.

i have the same! plus newcastle and maybe barts. january will be a pretty stressful month :s-smilie:
Original post by Hugh Laurie
i have the same! plus newcastle and maybe barts. january will be a pretty stressful month :s-smilie:

Won't it just! We applied to the same places. I don't think I'm going to get anywhere with Newcastle (we can't all get a stellar UKCAT like yours!), but I'm hopeful for Barts.
Won't it just! We applied to the same places. I don't think I'm going to get anywhere with Newcastle (we can't all get a stellar UKCAT like yours!), but I'm hopeful for Barts.

im on the fence about barts, cant imagine being able to afford living in london as a student, as AWESOME as it would be! do you have any preferences from your list?
im on the fence about barts, cant imagine being able to afford living in london as a student, as AWESOME as it would be! do you have any preferences from your list?

I know what you mean about finances. Have had to come up with ingenious ways of making sure I would have enough to live on. And after 6 cycles, anywhere would be fine with me!
Still nothing from Barts. Anyone know anyone that's heard?
Original post by Rndons19
Still nothing from Barts. Anyone know anyone that's heard?

Only thing I can think is that the first/second day were for the undergrads maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2669
Which GEM universities give out offers before January?
Original post by bmd2
Which GEM universities give out offers before January?

None, as far as I know! Unless you mean interviews?
Reply 2671
Original post by puddleduck
None, as far as I know! Unless you mean interviews?

Was just curious if any interview before Christmas and send out offers prior to January! I think I might be put on a waiting list for interview and wanted to see what the likelihood of people declining their interviews would be and that's the only reason I can think of!
Original post by bmd2
Was just curious if any interview before Christmas and send out offers prior to January! I think I might be put on a waiting list for interview and wanted to see what the likelihood of people declining their interviews would be and that's the only reason I can think of!

I think Cambridge have already given their offers out from what I can tell. It was being discussed earlier in the thread.
Original post by bmd2

Cambridge is the only one that interviews and makes offers before Christmas.
Reply 2674
Original post by NHSFan
Cambridge is the only one that interviews and makes offers before Christmas.

Thankyou!
where does one even start with MMI prep?
i really didnt expect to get this far and now im panicking haha
Original post by emmawyeth
where does one even start with MMI prep?
i really didnt expect to get this far and now im panicking haha

most people recommended the ISC Medical School Interviews book (think same authors as the UKCAT one), and so far ive found it really helpful. it has a lot of info to help you prepare for the different types of questions that might come up, and points you in the right direction in terms of doing your own research and personalising your answers.
most people recommended the ISC Medical School Interviews book (think same authors as the UKCAT one), and so far ive found it really helpful. it has a lot of info to help you prepare for the different types of questions that might come up, and points you in the right direction in terms of doing your own research and personalising your answers.

ooh thanks for the recommendation - I think it'll be a christmas present from me to me!
Original post by emmawyeth
ooh thanks for the recommendation - I think it'll be a christmas present from me to me!

ha hope it wont be the best xmas gift you receive. bear in mind it has close to 400 pages of mostly solid text, so better grab it sooner than later to cram it all in if you have early january interviews. (i must sound like a salesperson.)
ha hope it wont be the best xmas gift you receive. bear in mind it has close to 400 pages of mostly solid text, so better grab it sooner than later to cram it all in if you have early january interviews. (i must sound like a salesperson.)

Every time i read a post that you have written I hear it as if the real Hugh Laurie is saying it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending