The Student Room Group

russia launches 'hunger games' reality show

Contestants will have to survive on their own for nine months in Siberia.

Producers say that anything goes, including rape and murder, although they warn people taking part that they're still subject to the rule of law and can be arrested at any time.

"You must understand that the police will come and take you away. We are on the territory of Russia, and obey the laws of the Russian Federation."

The 20 male and female participants taking part in Game2: Winter can carry knives but aren't allowed guns.

The contestants will have to survive from 1 July 2017 until 1 April 2018 in temperatures which can fall to -40C (-40F).

The men and women on the show have been given special survival training by former GRU Spetsnaz operatives, who used to work under Russia's military intelligence service.

Anyone who wants to take part has to be over 18 and "sane".
You'll also have to pay 10 million roubles (£130,000) - or be voted in by viewers.

Organiser and local entrepreneur, Yevgeny Pyatkovsky, says all participants will have to sign a release of liability in case they're injured or die.

In the frequently asked questions section on Facebook, it says the rules of the game could include "fights, alcohol, murder, rape, smoking, anything at all"

but contestants must "obey the laws of the Russian Federation".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/38342421/russia-does-the-hunger-games-for-real-in-siberia-but-no-guns-are-allowed

Russians :rofl::rofl:
Meanwhile in the UK.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/new-5-pound-note-fiver-animal-fat-tallow-cosmetics-plastic-bags-what-else-you-should-avoid-a7447661.html

One thing I like about Russians is their care-free attitudes to life. We are pussies in comparison.
Very misleading title. You make it sound as though this has been authorised by the government. The organisers have even said that 'contestants' could be arrested

Posted from TSR Mobile
the first series was set in Crimea.
Original post by Dodgypirate
Meanwhile in the UK.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/new-5-pound-note-fiver-animal-fat-tallow-cosmetics-plastic-bags-what-else-you-should-avoid-a7447661.html

One thing I like about Russians is their care-free attitudes to life. We are pussies in comparison.

You're free to leave
Original post by HucktheForde
Contestants will have to survive on their own for nine months in Siberia.

Producers say that anything goes, including rape and murder, although they warn people taking part that they're still subject to the rule of law and can be arrested at any time.

"You must understand that the police will come and take you away. We are on the territory of Russia, and obey the laws of the Russian Federation."

Why exactly are we idolising this crap?
I love how they are given a weight limit for what gear they are allowed to bring to help them survive in the frozen wilderness but then the producers suggest that the contestants might want to bring alcohol with them...
Original post by Underscore__
Very misleading title. You make it sound as though this has been authorised by the government. The organisers have even said that 'contestants' could be arrested

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly, I can assure you Russian prisons are a place you don't want to be...
Original post by bigbattygal
You're free to leave

I intend to.
I intend to.

Good
Good

Just after I spend my life in the UK...

:troll:
Just after I spend my life in the UK...

:troll:

Your sub par education may mean you're better off leaving tbh
Your sub par education may mean you're better off leaving tbh

My higher education, you mean? :smile:
My higher education, you mean? :smile:

LOOL sorry mate but i dont consider the open uni or the uni of west england (ranked very low) as education. It's pathetic.
LOOL sorry mate but i dont consider the open uni or the uni of west england (ranked very low) as education. It's pathetic.

Let me guess, you're in a Russell Group, or in the top 10?

Before you answer, I don't care.

Troll.
Let me guess, you're in a Russell Group, or in the top 10?

Before you answer, I don't care.

Troll.

loving the salty tears
Reply 17
Original post by HucktheForde

So basically, 'anything' does NOT actually go and this is all just a big marketing ploy for what is effectively a glorified 'Big Brother' set in the Siberian wilderness? Yawn.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending