The Student Room Group

Rude ass customer!!!!

As I am on gap year and have not been doing anything. I got depressed of all the free time so thought that I'd work part time. So, I got a job at a Chinese takeaway and have been working here for a week now. Anyway, a customer called at the Chinese takeaway. Everything was fine at first, I was being so nice and giving good customer service. He said that he wanted 'pancake rolls'. And, I said that we don't do them. So, all of a sudden he became rude. He's like 'I ordered like two weeks ago twice, and at that time, I got the rolls'. I gave the phone to my colleague, who has been working here longer. He explained to him saying that we only do three rolls: chicken, veg and duck but no pancake. So, he asked for chicken. So, my colleague said that 'now, I'm going to pass the phone back'. So, when I got the phone back, I apologised and said that 'sorry, I didn't understand, you asked for pancake roll and we don't do them, Sir'. He said 'no, I'm sure it is my fault, as I'm English, right? Stupid'. Then I said 'ok, Sir'. So, he's like 'don't call me Sir, I'm a working class person like you, so don't call me Sir'. I passed the phone back to my colleague because I can't deal with such rude ass people. He literally made me cry. I think I shouldn't be working. Why are people so mean? He called me stupid and was racist.

Scroll to see replies

omg just pancakes too lol.
don't cry over bozos bro
Where are my damn pancake rolls?:angry:
Reply 3
Original post by Saba XD
he's like 'don't call me Sir, I'm a working class person like you, so don't call me Sir'

Anyone using that phrase in real life is an idiot, ignore them.
Someone I know talked about how they nearly got into a argument with a customer. Dw
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Saba XD
He literally made me cry.

You cried because someone called you stupid? You're going to get very far.
You better get used to *******s if you're working in retail. Unfortunately some douchebags when having a bad day like to take it out on people who cannot be rude back to them.

Just move on and soon your ears will automatically press mute when a customer is talking crap to you.
Original post by Saba XD
As I am on gap year and have not been doing anything. I got depressed of all the free time so thought that I'd work part time. So, I got a job at a Chinese takeaway and have been working here for a week now. Anyway, a customer called at the Chinese takeaway. Everything was fine at first, I was being so nice and giving good customer service. He said that he wanted 'pancake rolls'. And, I said that we don't do them. So, all of a sudden he became rude. He's like 'I ordered like two weeks ago twice, and at that time, I got the rolls'. I gave the phone to my colleague, who has been working here longer. He explained to him saying that we only do three rolls: chicken, veg and duck but no pancake. So, he asked for chicken. So, my colleague said that 'now, I'm going to pass the phone back'. So, when I got the phone back, I apologised and said that 'sorry, I didn't understand, you asked for pancake roll and we don't do them, Sir'. He said 'no, I'm sure it is my fault, as I'm English, right? Stupid'. Then I said 'ok, Sir'. So, he's like 'don't call me Sir, I'm a working class person like you, so don't call me Sir'. I passed the phone back to my colleague because I can't deal with such rude ass people. He literally made me cry. I think I shouldn't be working. Why are people so mean? He called me stupid and was racist.

:console: Saba, Wifey :cube:, what a rude man! You were doing your job, giving it your best shot, that's fab and I think you handled it well.
Try and relax and lots of hugs from me :lovehug:, it's just one guy and you'll probably get used to it! Not worth dwelling over people who say things like that!
You're fab Saba, always here for you and keep giving it 100%! :jumphug:
You can always quit and find a different sort of job if it gets too much but you won't be able to escape these people I'm afraid :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by TheProphetsPath
omg just pancakes too lol.
don't cry over bozos bro

I tried not to. I couldn't help it.
Original post by SuperHuman98
Where are my damn pancake rolls?:angry:

:getmecoat:
Original post by Drewski
Anyone using that phrase in real life is an idiot, ignore them.

I was shocked at that. So much.
Original post by saraxh
Someone I know talked about how they nearly got into a argument with a customer. Dw

I avoided the argument hence, I passed the phone.
Original post by xbiostudentx
You cried because someone called you stupid? You're going to get very far.

I'm very sensitive. I can't deal with it.
Original post by Saba XD

I would advise you to find a job where you don't have to deal with customers. People can say much worse things than calling you 'stupid'.
Sell me sum dat roti yo
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by RabbitCFH
You better get used to *******s if you're working in retail. Unfortunately some douchebags when having a bad day like to take it out on people who cannot be rude back to them.

Just move on and soon your ears will automatically press mute when a customer is talking crap to you.

I have never had anyone be rude to me like this. I couldn't stop myself from crying.
Original post by Saba XD

Me too. But this is just one of the many egotistical *******s in the world that prey on nice people. No point in even thinking about it. You have something to put on your CV and you're getting money and that's that. You need confidence, you did nothing wrong but somehow you're blaming yourself. This'll come with time :smile:
He sounds like what I expect a certain tsrian would act like :rofl:

Customers can be *******s, especially as it's a takeaway there's expected to be some rude customers. Try not to take it personally and just remember its just an idiot getting angry over a pancake roll. Otherwise, you could try to find a job where you may not have to deal with customer like this often. :redface:
Reply 14
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:console: Saba, Wifey :cube:, what a rude man! You were doing your job, giving it your best shot, that's fab and I think you handled it well.
Try and relax and lots of hugs from me :lovehug:, it's just one guy and you'll probably get used to it! Not worth dwelling over people who say things like that!
You're fab Saba, always here for you and keep giving it 100%! :jumphug:
You can always quit and find a different sort of job if it gets too much but you won't be able to escape these people I'm afraid :frown:

I love you wifey. :lovehug:
...omd how could he be racist if he didn't see you as it was on the phone...
:rofl:
Original post by Saba XD
I love you wifey. :lovehug:

ily2 :lovie:
Reply 17
Crying is a bit for an over reaction on your part, when working in customer service rude customers comes with the territory.
Original post by RabbitCFH

@Nirvana1989-1994? Coincidence? lol Still waiting for you to tell me some retail nightmares :wink:
Original post by Saba XD
I have never had anyone be rude to me like this. I couldn't stop myself from crying.

I understand that, he obviously was a douche and you didn't do anything to deserve that. Just remember that it was most likely nothing personal - he was just looking for a fight because he was in a bad mood or whatever and he would have been equally rude to the next person who said something not to his liking. Next time a customer is rude (unfortunately it will happen, I can guarantee that), just laugh to yourself and think how sad they are. I don't like it when someone is an ass to me either, and while my job is not customer facing, I do get an occasional call from a client and sometimes they can be douchy, but I just kind of zone out and say "mhm, okay" until they are done, try that (of course don't do that if you realise you did something wrong! But most of the time it will not be your fault if a customer is being an ass to you). :smile:

Original post by 0to100
@Nirvana1989-1994? Coincidence? lol Still waiting for you to tell me some retail nightmares :wink:

Hmm? Why did you quote me? Am I missing something? :P
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest