The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmaduM
Wow, that's quite shocking considering your UKCAT is outstanding and your predicted grade meets their minimum entry requirements for grads. They must place quite a lot of emphasis on PS and reference maybe? Idk. Well like you said, you still have Warwick so it's all good :smile:

It's making me anxious with my 687 lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm calling them next week to query. So I'll let you all know. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmaduM
Wow, that's quite shocking considering your UKCAT is outstanding and your predicted grade meets their minimum entry requirements for grads. They must place quite a lot of emphasis on PS and reference maybe? Idk. Well like you said, you still have Warwick so it's all good :smile:

It's making me anxious with my 687 lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you a grad too?
Original post by Lostperson
are you a grad too?

Yeah, achieved 2:1 in biomed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdamCW
Rejection from KCL on the A100 course. I still haven't heard anything from A102 though.

734 UKCAT and predicated 2:1 in Biology.

Sorry about the rejection but congrats on the Warwick interview! If you don't mind telling, did the rejection letter on track state the reason for their decision?
Lived in 5 countries since leaving college while doing my degree, learnt a language, over 270 hours relative work experience in NHS hospitals and home care, qualified scuba instructor and emergency first response instructor and currently live and work as a reindeer herder with the nomadic indigenous Sami people in the Swedish Arctic.

I know no-one asked me for any background info on me, but I doubt any medical school would look down on me for any of these things above. I heard medical schools like people taking a gap year...?

I think my rejection is based on academics. Perhaps my degree isn't enough. My degree title is Natural Sciences w/ Human and Health Biology with the Open University so maybe not what they look for? I really don't know. My GCSE's and A-Level are very average, although I was under the impression that when applying as a grad they don't look into GSCE's and A-Level's. I'll be honest, I'm quite surprised at the rejection this early. Maybe they have filled the 'grad' allocation in the undergrad course already? No idea. But, I've definitely been rejected Haha.
Original post by AspireExcite
Sorry about the rejection but congrats on the Warwick interview! If you don't mind telling, did the rejection letter on track state the reason for their decision?

I never checked actually. But I have just looked and nope. No answer on there. Nothing I can do now anyway. I'll call them on Monday and ask. Onwards and upwards :smile:
Original post by AdamCW
Lived in 5 countries since leaving college while doing my degree, learnt a language, over 270 hours relative work experience in NHS hospitals and home care, qualified scuba instructor and emergency first response instructor and currently live and work as a reindeer herder with the nomadic indigenous Sami people in the Swedish Arctic.

I know no-one asked me for any background info on me, but I doubt any medical school would look down on me for any of these things above. I heard medical schools like people taking a gap year...?

I think my rejection is based on academics. Perhaps my degree isn't enough. My degree title is Natural Sciences w/ Human and Health Biology with the Open University so maybe not what they look for? I really don't know. My GCSE's and A-Level are very average, although I was under the impression that when applying as a grad they don't look into GSCE's and A-Level's. I'll be honest, I'm quite surprised at the rejection this early. Maybe they have filled the 'grad' allocation in the undergrad course already? No idea. But, I've definitely been rejected Haha.

Yeh...it may be the degree? do you have enough chemistry content?
Original post by AdamCW
I never checked actually. But I have just looked and nope. No answer on there. Nothing I can do now anyway. I'll call them on Monday and ask. Onwards and upwards :smile:

Ah I see! I think it may be due to academics, as Kings are becoming more selective with degree titles with chemistry/biology compositions - well they've rejected grad applicants on the a102 for this reason this year and it might be the same reason. Apparently 2018 entry for a102 will only be open to biomed students but Im not so sure about this information. I'm also a graduate applicant with a 2.1 but in Biomed, I have a low ukcat score, average Alevels and average gcses for a typical med applicant but not heard anything back yet and expecting rejections too! At least you've got yourself an interview! and I agree, onwards and upwards! Another application next year for me haha!
Ah I see! I think it may be due to academics, as Kings are becoming more selective with degree titles with chemistry/biology compositions - well they've rejected grad applicants on the a102 for this reason this year and it might be the same reason. Apparently 2018 entry for a102 will only be open to biomed students but Im not so sure about this information. I'm also a graduate applicant with a 2.1 but in Biomed, I have a low ukcat score, average Alevels and average gcses for a typical med applicant but not heard anything back yet and expecting rejections too! At least you've got yourself an interview! and I agree, onwards and upwards! Another application next year for me haha!

how was your ukcat?

Yeah, I suspect it's something to do with my degree but I'll find out next week. I kind of feel that there's no point in calling really. A rejection is a rejection. But yeah, I'm psyched for Warwick. So happy I have at least one interview anyway. Still a lot to do though..
how was your ukcat?

low 600s, but got the bursary for it so thought I'd just give this application cycle a go anyway :^)
Original post by AdamCW
Yeah, I suspect it's something to do with my degree but I'll find out next week. I kind of feel that there's no point in calling really. A rejection is a rejection. But yeah, I'm psyched for Warwick. So happy I have at least one interview anyway. Still a lot to do though..

good luck for your interview, you have an awesome background , use it to your advantage <3 x
good luck for your interview, you have an awesome background , use it to your advantage <3 x

Appreciated, and thank you very much! I'll do my best.
Original post by AdamCW

Oh yeah I don't think you'd get anything much from calling them, they'd tell you to message them on the portal and even then it's most likely going to be a generic reply. I applied 3 years ago and got through to interviews then got a generic feedback through the portal. Might be easier for you to just message them first since its night time atm?
Original post by AdamCW
Appreciated, and thank you very much! I'll do my best.

Are you an international or home student?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1276
just wondering when is the next batch of interviews going out?
Original post by 11...
just wondering when is the next batch of interviews going out?

From what they told me, there are no specific dates - they will come out with some regularity until February. We just have to be patient!
I got 666 on my UKCAT and still not heard anything.. Does anyone know when the next batch of interviews will be given out??
Original post by Asian_persuasion
I got 666 on my UKCAT and still not heard anything.. Does anyone know when the next batch of interviews will be given out??

No-one knows. They will keep going out until February. Just have to wait. I got a 765 on my UKCAT (band 1), top grades, etc... and I still haven't heard anything either. We just have to chill out and be patient.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending