The Student Room Group

Motivation letter

I am currently working on my application to Groningen University for LBB European and International law. I have a question regarding the Motivation letter. I am familiar with the personal structure used in the Uk. For my Motivation letter can I use a similar layout specifically tailored to Groningen University and the program, or does it have to be a letter fomat ( incuding adressee, and sincerely yours for letter ending) ? Can anyone help?
Morning,

I've also just had to write one. I am applying for Computer Science and wrote my letter of motivation in a similar style to my Personal statement, however, since the University has an internal application for international students I was able to mention why specifically I preferred Groningen over the alternatives.

Hope this helps.
Reply 2
I am on the LLM in Public International Law & Human Rights at Utrecht University and I needed to submit a letter of motivation when I applied. I did it in a letter format addressing why I wished to study there specifically, my interest in the course programme and then I took the opportunity to sell myself by talking about my undergraduate achievements and how I wanted to take that success into another degree.
Original post by Jam12344
I am currently working on my application to Groningen University for LBB European and International law. I have a question regarding the Motivation letter. I am familiar with the personal structure used in the Uk. For my Motivation letter can I use a similar layout specifically tailored to Groningen University and the program, or does it have to be a letter fomat ( incuding adressee, and sincerely yours for letter ending) ? Can anyone help?

Hello :smile:

I would recommend writing it as an official letter. We are keen to know as an institution why you have selected our programme, what is it about our curriculum that gets you motivated to want to study with us. The personal statements in the UK are very broad and great to provide you with context as to why you want to study law but if you could be a bit more specific to us as a university that would be great.

Good luck!
Hi guys! I'm just interested about Groningen University. Did you get in? And if yes, do you like the university so far. I want to apply their next year. I also thinking about other universities but Groningen University is my #1 choice at the moment. Also, I didn't find any information about Motivation letter in admission requirements 2017/2018 on the website. Is it no longer required than?
Thanks in advance!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Hi guys,

I am also currently writing my ML and I was wondering how long you all made yours?

Thanks!
Reply 6
Original post by ItisTasha
Hi guys,

I am also currently writing my ML and I was wondering how long you all made yours?

Thanks!

Mine is currently two pages at 850 words, however, I am hoping to cut it down to 700 before submission.

Quick Reply

Latest