The Student Room Group

Do you remmeber when saying **** was considerd akin to putting you hand down

down The Queen mothers knickers, aren't you glad that bs no longer exists. Although if not you can go **** yourself. :wink:

Silly really of course **** dirives from the Saxon for to plough. Ie I Will plow that, or I did plough her fields etc..
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Martian872
down The Queen mothers knickers, aren't you glad that bs no longer exists. Although if not you can go **** yourself. :wink:

Silly really of course **** dirives from the Saxon for to plough. Ie I Will plow that, or I did plough her fields etc..
Which word, sorry?

I'd be very interested to know what dilect of Saxon* you're talking about, because I've never come across an offensive word with "plough" anywhere in its etymological history.

* I believe you might mean Anglo-Saxon, which is now known as Old English or Ænglisc.
Swyve Off
Like you I'm delighted that **** is no longer subject to censure in public discourse. Time was when **** got replaced by a prim row of asterisks. But not anymore pals. **** yeah!
Reply 4
Original post by Tootles
Which word, sorry?

I'd be very interested to know what dilect of Saxon* you're talking about, because I've never come across an offensive word with "plough" anywhere in its etymological history.

* I believe you might mean Anglo-Saxon, which is now known as Old English or Ænglisc.

Do you honestly not know? That's odd, it is a word generally believed to have derived from to plough, as in I ploughed that *****.

Of course I am willing to believe I am wrong on this, but it does make a lot of sense in terms of slang.

It's Saxon, **** could have derived from anything but I think the simplest answer is most likely. I ploughed her field, I ****ed her etc.

The linguistics are contentious but I think logically it seems fairly obvious that an analogy to plough would become a slang word **** for to have sex.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****

Read this I suppose, I don't think you are wrong because it's contentious but logically **** and plough seem to be apposite analogies for sex.

Of course if you can prove otherwise. Sindon whey Bald, ich sindon strata

Sindon whey Bold Sindin whey strong, Sindon are lang!
ë

lang, Sindon arë lang...
lang. Sindon whey strang.

Lit translation we are strong we are Rohirrim: we ride out to glory.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Do you honestly not know? That's odd, it is a word generally believed to have derived from to plough, as in I ploughed that *****.

Of course I am willing to believe I am wrong on this, but it does make a lot of sense in terms of slang.

It's Saxon, **** could have derived from anything but I think the simplest answer is most likely. I ploughed her field, I ****ed her etc.
I speak Anglo-Saxon (if you know the language, you should know it's not called "Saxon"), and I'm actually telling you that no offensive words at all are descended from words similar in meaning or sound to the word "plough."

If you're thinking of the word ****, then you're still wrong. It doesn't occur in English until the 1500s, but a similar word occurs in Classical Latin ("futuo").
Reply 6
Original post by Tootles
I speak Anglo-Saxon (if you know the language, you should know it's not called "Saxon":wink:, and I'm actually telling you that no offensive words at all are descended from words similar in meaning or sound to the word "plough."

If you're thinking of the word ****, then you're still wrong. It doesn't occur in English until the 1500s, but a similar word occurs in Classical Latin ("futuo":wink:.

Fair enough if you speak Saxon but the words I have said, and the translations in as much as I Know are true. If I am wrong about any one of them please tell me because I don't honestly think I have betrayed the old English language.

Don't think I am chastising you though, we all learn, just think of it as a lively debate, and if I am wrong so be it. May well be, that's life. :tongue:

I for example think Beowulf, aka The Bee wolf or bear is an excellent poen written in the dark ages.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Fair enough if you speak Saxon but the words I have said, and the translations in as much as I Know are true. If I am wrong about any one of them please tell me because I don't honestly think I have betrayed the old English language.

Don't think I amchastising you though, we all learn, just think of it as a lively debate, and if I am wrong so be it. May well be, that's life. :tongue:
There's no debate. You're wrong, and whatever you read is wrong, simple as that.

Next question.
Reply 8
Original post by Tootles
I speak Anglo-Saxon (if you know the language, you should know it's not called "Saxon":wink:, and I'm actually telling you that no offensive words at all are descended from words similar in meaning or sound to the word "plough."

If you're thinking of the word ****, then you're still wrong. It doesn't occur in English until the 1500s, but a similar word occurs in Classical Latin ("futuo":wink:.

I AM Beowulf!
:wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNaj7uCVPCI

Of course I do know this, I am not retarded but Anglo Saxon is of course our old definitive language
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Tootles
There's no debate. You're wrong, and whatever you read is wrong, simple as that.

Next question.

Yeah how is being full of **** and sanctimonius working out for you?

IT's just wrong and I am ****ing so lazy I wont even explain why because I am amaz\ing. **** me you are pretentious.

No offense but the way you condemn people is - quite apart from being sanctimonious - really irritating.. I would guess you are quite young, but being arrogant is not only the preserve of youth so I may be wrong. I certainly hope I am wrong

I trust your utter contempt for everyone will serve you well.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest