The Student Room Group

Study tips?

Hey guys, I just recently started studying for GCSE and i am lost asf!
I'm that type of person who gets distracted easily and i really need to ace my exams, my whole life depends on this.
Any advice or study tips, that would be really helpful, like I said my whole life depends on this.
Original post by meels1
Hey guys, I just recently started studying for GCSE and i am lost asf!
I'm that type of person who gets distracted easily and i really need to ace my exams, my whole life depends on this.
Any advice or study tips, that would be really helpful, like I said my whole life depends on this.

Hey meels1! My best study tips are:

Get a copy of the specification for each of your subjects, so you know exactly what you need to learn

Make your revision notes early, using the specifications for guidance, ideally as you are going along. Ensure you leave yourself plenty of time to revise them before the exams!

Attempt past papers under timed conditions if you can - doing this helps you to identify topics you're least confident on and also gets you familiar with the layout and style of questions in the exam

Ask your teachers for help if you're unsure about any of the content, if you don't understand something early on in a topic then it may hinder your understanding of the rest of it

Consider creating a revision timetable for yourself. Make a list of the topics you want to revise each day and then learn them. I don't recommend trying to revise during specific times or doing a certain number of hours, that can just prove to be more stressful and you probably won't be able to stick to it for long.

Minimise distractions - turn off your phone, laptop etc, unless you need them for internet research or typing up your notes, find a quiet location to work where you won't be disturbed by family members, etc.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Leviathan1741
Hey meels1! My best study tips are:

Get a copy of the specification for each of your subjects, so you know exactly what you need to learn

Make your revision notes early, using the specifications for guidance, ideally as you are going along. Ensure you leave yourself plenty of time to revise them before the exams!

Attempt past papers under timed conditions if you can - doing this helps you to identify topics you're least confident on and also gets you familiar with the layout and style of questions in the exam

Ask your teachers for help if you're unsure about any of the content, if you don't understand something early on in a topic then it may hinder your understanding of the rest of it

Consider creating a revision timetable for yourself. Make a list of the topics you want to revise each day and then learn them. I don't recommend trying to revise during specific times or doing a certain number of hours, that can just prove to be more stressful and you probably won't be able to stick to it for long.

Minimise distractions - turn off your phone, laptop etc, unless you need them for internet research or typing up your notes, find a quiet location to work where you won't be disturbed by family members, etc.

Good luck! :smile:

Thank you so much, i'll be sure to put it into use

Quick Reply

Latest