The Student Room Group

HL Biology IA Help!

Hi guys!

Does anyone have any sample database bio IAs? I'm doing a database investigation for my bio IA but can't seem to find an example or sample one to help guide me. I've seen the tuberculosis one and that's it!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Original post by tillu22
Hi guys!

Does anyone have any sample database bio IAs? I'm doing a database investigation for my bio IA but can't seem to find an example or sample one to help guide me. I've seen the tuberculosis one and that's it!

Hi,

I'm not exactly sure what a 'database bio IA' is but I have an exemplar from a girl that used to go to my school (c/o 2016), she did HL and she got a 7, I can attach that if you'd like?

The IA was on HCl affect on enzyme activity
Reply 3
Original post by Goglglo2605
Hi,

I'm not exactly sure what a 'database bio IA' is but I have an exemplar from a girl that used to go to my school (c/o 2016), she did HL and she got a 7, I can attach that if you'd like?

omg no way! that would be great if you can! thank you so much!
Reply 4
Tada

Ok! I got it! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! Let me know if you need any notes or help :smile:
Original post by tillu22
Ok! I got it! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! Let me know if you need any notes or help :smile:

It was no trouble at all, good luck with your IA! These are really helpful, got a 7 at SL Bio following the liver process. Oh and a few tips, some easy marks that I earned and she earned as well were for personal engagement and safety and ethical considerations! It really could do you a lot of good, I didn't do as well on my evaluation though my teacher said I should've gone in 'more depth' (not sure what he meant tbh, I didn't care now that it's all done with forever)
Original post by tillu22

My IA was on bacteria by the way if you have any questions. :smile:
Reply 7
My IA was on bacteria by the way if you have any questions. :smile:

that's pretty interesting... was it a databased IA lab? i had an idea for one but i realized i had no personal engagement so i need to find a new one :s-smilie:
Original post by tillu22
that's pretty interesting... was it a databased IA lab? i had an idea for one but i realized i had no personal engagement so i need to find a new one :s-smilie:

Yeah, yeah it was I was testing the efficacy of anti-bacterial effect of different products
Reply 9
Yeah, yeah it was I was testing the efficacy of anti-bacterial effect of different products

that sounds pretty cool! im having soo much trouble :-/ cannot find anything
Original post by tillu22
that sounds pretty cool! im having soo much trouble :-/ cannot find anything

Okay well along what lines are considering working on?
Reply 11
Okay well along what lines are considering working on?
i've worked on it a little and im thinking of comparing obesity and diabetes in different provinces in canada. i even found some data!
Reply 12
Hi you guys! I am trying to find a sample HL IA for bio, would I be able get a copy of that seven score IA? I have been searching for hours now and I'm dying haha, thank you in advance!
Reply 13
Hi you guys! I am trying to find a sample HL IA for bio, would I be able get a copy of that seven score IA? I have been searching for hours now and I'm dying haha, thank you in advance!
Check out ibessays.org/samples or IB's official website!
Reply 15
Lol thats what I am doing as well, did you use different products as your independant variable, did you use specific bacteria?
Very curious thx
Reply 16
HeyI am about to submit my IA biology topic and i wanted to do something with bacteria. I suggested to my teacher that i see how different types of mouthwash affect bacteria but she said this might fail. Do you have any other suggestions?Thanks
is it possible if u can send a link to me aswell please as i need one to
Hey!! Im also starting mine and if you could send me it too that would help so much!!
Hi,

Hey!! Im also starting mine and if you could send me it too that would help so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending