The Student Room Group

Muslim refuses to shake German President's hand as he praises their integration

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4048650/Muslim-girl-refuses-shake-German-president-s-hand-visits-school-praise-integrating-migrants-well.html

LOL he went to a school to praise Muslims for integrating into German society and yet they won't even shake his hand. That is how we do things here, we shake hands. That's our culture. Don't like it, get out.

Scroll to see replies

I don't think shaking hands is a primarily western thing...
I think it may be an unwritten rule which states that women can't shake hands with people of the opposite sex. But I don't know for definite, she may have been snubbing him because of the proposed burka ban

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because she's not allowed to.

#ReligionofEquality.
Reply 4
I can understand if it's because of her religion but refusing to shake hands is impolite. As long as she explains why she doesn't want to, it's fine.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
MashaAllah good for her.
Reply 6
Original post by Dodgypirate
Because she's not allowed to.

#ReligionofEquality.

It works both ways.
Original post by HAnwar
MashaAllah good for her.

Original post by HAnwar
It works both ways.

Well they're clearly not integrating properly. A handshake between people (man or woman) is an imperative sign of respect (amongst other things) in the West.

Poor subordinate women of the Muslim faith

You've got to love how a Western woman visiting places like Dubai has to cover up and abide by Islamic law, but when Muslim women fly over here they never get the same treatment, and it's their men oppressing them...

I'm starting to sound like a Feminist harpy, but it's all true.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Her husband would probably beat her ass if she dared to touch another mans hand
Reply 9
Original post by Nerry
Her husband would probably beat her ass if she dared to touch another mans hand

May be. But not her face - it is forbidden in Islam. :cool:
Original post by HAnwar
MashaAllah good for her.

if you don't like it, why don't you get a one way ticket back?
it's great that he takes the time to big up their math skilz

:h:
Oh ffs guys... not only is it a religious thing its a cultural thing... i dont see why this is such a problem. Opposite sexes are not supposed to make physical contact according to both Islam and their culture. She put her hand on her heart and bowed in respect. That in itself is an act of respect.
So don't go round saying its disrespectful because it just isn't. Also the rule is the same for men. No need to make a big deal out of it, there are bigger issues in the world -_-
Original post by Someboady
Oh ffs guys... not only is it a religious thing its a cultural thing... i dont see why this is such a problem. Opposite sexes are not supposed to make physical contact according to both Islam and their culture.

Obviously you didn't read the part that told you the president was visiting the school only to congratulate it on being such a shining example of teaching immigrants how integrate well into western culture. Clearly, if that institution is a beacon of light in the darkness the Germans are in for a very dim winter.
it's not permissible in islam. God > President
Reply 15
Well they're clearly not integrating properly. A handshake between people (man or woman) is an imperative sign of respect (amongst other things) in the West.

Poor subordinate women of the Muslim faith

Again, going on about inequality when I've just told you the ruling is the same.

You've got to love how a Western woman visiting places like Dubai has to cover up and abide by Islamic law, but when Muslim women fly over here they never get the same treatment, and it's their men oppressing them...

I'm starting to sound like a Feminist harpy, but it's all true.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Women don't have to cover up.

You'll find women wearing the most explicit clothing on their beaches.

Original post by john2054
if you don't like it, why don't you get a one way ticket back?

If you can't handle difference of opinion, why don't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
When did the German president become a male?
Original post by ioclops

His fate was sealed the moment his father's sperm met his mother's egg, just as the German Chancellor's sex was determined as a female at the equivalent moment in her life.
Reply 18
Original post by john2054
I can handle the difference of opinion, i also know that if you refused to shake the leaders hand in iraq (isis) or saudi arabia, you would probably have you head cut off (or hung). so like i said, if you don't like it over here, feel free to go back to wherever you came from. we are not forcing you to stay!

No you wouldn't. Exaggeration much.

Do you feel that everyone who has an opinion different to yours comes from a different country?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ioclops

Since March the 23rd 2012

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending