The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can someone help me with 2006 Q1 I) B?? Got a mid unit test this week.
Original post by Mystery.
Can someone help me with 2006 Q1 I) B?? Got a mid unit test this week.

The period of revolution is just based on the time, not the radius of the circle nor the mass of the aircraft, so only the uncertainty of the time needs to be considered.

To get random uncertainty, you'd do the max value minus the min value, all divided by the number of values.

That uncertainty will be for 20 revolutions, so divide by 20 to get the uncertainty for 1 revolution
What are you guys doing for your projects?
Original post by BVB09AubaXVII

Haven't thought about it yet but my teacher did say that he was gonna try and suggest to us 9 possible topics we could do. How about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by BVB09AubaXVII

Not a clue, not even thought about it yet...
Does anyone here have their Higher Notes specifically for unit 1 that they can send me ? Thanks
Original post by Ethan100
Does anyone here have their Higher Notes specifically for unit 1 that they can send me ? Thanks

Hey Ethan I don't have my old notes but I'd say these are just as good. You could give me your email and I could send them to you. Only issues I have with them is in the projectiles example where an object is falling they don't take the acceleration due to gravity as -9.8ms^-2 and they don't use negative displacements for objects hitting the ground from a height, another issue is in the momentum examples they don't use the symbol p to identify momentum they just say momentum=. Other than that they are pretty good, I skimmed through them and they are very similar in layout to the ones I had last year. So inbox me your email and I'll send them to you if you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PTS_99
Not a clue, not even thought about it yet...

Me neither :s-smilie:
Hey so what are all you's doing for your projects this year ? Anyone else doing determining Young's modulus ?
Original post by RossB1702
Hey so what are all you's doing for your projects this year ? Anyone else doing determining Young's modulus ?

That's way too easy.

All you do is measure of the ability of a material to withstand changes in length when under lengthwise tension or compression. It's just equal to the longitudinal stress divided by the strain.

Easy.
Original post by British Citizen
That's way too easy.

All you do is measure of the ability of a material to withstand changes in length when under lengthwise tension or compression. It's just equal to the longitudinal stress divided by the strain.

Easy.

I suspect you've done some googling there. Yeah it doesn't seem too bad. But I'm not just determining the value using only one experiment I have to do at least 2 unfortunately. And after that I have to do errors, which are boring asf. Also I wasn't giving an option as I was off the day people were picking their experiments and some wee roaster in my class got my first choice(measuring plancks constanst), f**k I wanted to do that so badly. Well at least I only have to do one project where you have two mate haha. Good luck.
I suspect you've done some googling there. Yeah it doesn't seem too bad. But I'm not just determining the value using only one experiment I have to do at least 2 unfortunately. And after that I have to do errors, which are boring asf. Also I wasn't giving an option as I was off the day people were picking their experiments and some wee roaster in my class got my first choice(measuring plancks constanst), f**k I wanted to do that so badly. Well at least I only have to do one project where you have two mate haha. Good luck.

Ahahahahhahahahaha

Ahahahahahhaahahahahhahahahahhahaahahahhah "some wee roaster" - nearly died at that point loooll :biggrin::biggrin:

Yeah it sucks to do 2. I always feel though that the Physics assignments are t
he hardest as not much of it relates to the actual course as much as like Chem or something
Original post by British Citizen
Ahahahahhahahahaha

Ahahahahahhaahahahahhahahahahhahaahahahhah "some wee roaster" - nearly died at that point loooll :biggrin::biggrin:

Yeah it sucks to do 2. I always feel though that the Physics assignments are t
he hardest as not much of it relates to the actual course as much as like Chem or something

Yeah Young's modulus is used in engineering lol. So is not in the course at all. It does however relate to simple harmonic motion a little but still a completely different thing nonetheless. Yeah I've seen in chem your making some paraceitmol for your assignment. hows that going ?
Yeah Young's modulus is used in engineering lol. So is not in the course at all. It does however relate to simple harmonic motion a little but still a completely different thing nonetheless. Yeah I've seen in chem your making some paraceitmol for your assignment. hows that going ?

Pretty shafty. Looks nothing like paracetamol. Just looks like sand tbh. Plus the teacher got involved and mucked my experiment up around 8 times :colonhash: What a melt

I heard of Young's Modulus in The Big Bang Theory so I thought I would impress you with my knowledge :smug:

Yeah last year for Physics I just ranted on about EVERYTHING on capacitors because my project had no relatable aspects. Only reason I talked about capacitors was because I used it as one of the apparatus in my experiment lolz - it worked though (happy days)
Reply 34
Can someone help me?My project is finding g using pendulums and such and one of my experiments is mass on oscillating spring and I have plotted graph of T^2 and M but cannot work out how to find g and with what equation
Anyone else doing their project on magnetism?
Anyone else doing their project on magnetism?

Yeah - calculating values of B.
Original post by RaulBloodworth
Yeah - calculating values of B.

cool, what procedures are you doing?
cool, what procedures are you doing?

If you mean the experiments, I've managed to get results for the mass balance one and I've been thinking of doing the Helmholtz coil one after that. Yourself?
Original post by RaulBloodworth
If you mean the experiments, I've managed to get results for the mass balance one and I've been thinking of doing the Helmholtz coil one after that. Yourself?

Yeah same here.

Latest

Trending

Trending