The Student Room Group

Additional Further Maths

Hi, I did Maths+FMaths on AQA board last year, I'm on a gap year at the moment and I wish to do AFM, unfortunately AQA does not offer it and only Edexcel does, I know that sometimes you can have module clashes, aka doing core 1 on edexcel and aqa is useless as only one counts.

Modules I did

AQA(math+further math)MPC1,MPC2,MPC3,MPC4,MM1,MM2,MFP1,MFP2,MFP3,MFP4,MD01,MS1BModules I want to do

Edexcel (additional further math)Statistics 2, Statistics 3, Statistics 4,Mechanics 3,Mechanics 4,Mechanics 5

I've emailed edexcel but they haven't replied after 2 weeks wait.

Can anyone provide advice?
Original post by Needhelpo123
Hi, I did Maths+FMaths on AQA board last year, I'm on a gap year at the moment and I wish to do AFM, unfortunately AQA does not offer it and only Edexcel does, I know that sometimes you can have module clashes, aka doing core 1 on edexcel and aqa is useless as only one counts.

Modules I did

AQA(math+further math)MPC1,MPC2,MPC3,MPC4,MM1,MM2,MFP1,MFP2,MFP3,MFP4,MD01,MS1BModules I want to do

Edexcel (additional further math)Statistics 2, Statistics 3, Statistics 4,Mechanics 3,Mechanics 4,Mechanics 5

I've emailed edexcel but they haven't replied after 2 weeks wait.

Can anyone provide advice?

To get Edexcel AFM, you'll also need to do Decision 2 (MD02), since Edexcel doesn't offer an FP4 module and so your AQA MFP4 won't be counted.

You will need to find a centre willing to enter you as a private candidate (your old school may be willing to do this as long as you can pay the entry fees, which are generally about £60-80 per module). They will then be able to fill in a form to let Edexcel know which modules you've done with AQA and what marks you scored in each of them, so that they can be combined with the Edexcel modules that you will take.
Reply 2
Original post by HapaxOromenon3
To get Edexcel AFM, you'll also need to do Decision 2 (MD02), since Edexcel doesn't offer an FP4 module and so your AQA MFP4 won't be counted.

You will need to find a centre willing to enter you as a private candidate (your old school may be willing to do this as long as you can pay the entry fees, which are generally about £60-80 per module). They will then be able to fill in a form to let Edexcel know which modules you've done with AQA and what marks you scored in each of them, so that they can be combined with the Edexcel modules that you will take.

Was really hoping to avoid D2, you sure?
It could be just the case that they recognise FP4 as a module yet just don't offer it?
Original post by Needhelpo123
Was really hoping to avoid D2, you sure?
It could be just the case that they recognise FP4 as a module yet just don't offer it?

Edexcel's documents say you need 18 different modules from the ones available under *their* specification. Thus I'm pretty sure your FP4 would not be counted.
Reply 4
Original post by HapaxOromenon3
Edexcel's documents say you need 18 different modules from the ones available under *their* specification. Thus I'm pretty sure your FP4 would not be counted.

:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest