The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

U looking to work for that charity on Hayley road near five ways?
Original post by Blocksy
Christ that's depressing. If I was one of the 2015 lot I'd find it infuriating that they even had a 2016 uptake for the same positions while I was still waiting, completed checks in hand. Is the location a big factor in these cases?

I'm not working at the moment and really need some sort of income. Was going to turn down another offer, but it might be best to take it as there's no guarantee this will pan out any time soon. Though I do hate the idea of putting a charity through the cost of hiring/training someone when I know there's a possibility I might leave in a few months.

U looking to work for that charity on Hagley road near five ways?
Original post by Hoping to leave
U looking to work for that charity on Hagley road near five ways?

No, I'm in Bristol.
Original post by Blocksy
No, I'm in Bristol.

Ah! Sorry... I mistook ur username for someone else's. Has Anyone from Birmingham received any provisional or reserve offers?
Original post by Blocksy
Are they waiting on start dates after pre-employment checks? This may be a silly question, but given a DBS check is valid for 1-3 years, would they need to be re-checked before they can take up the post? It's over a year already.

Also, do you have any idea why things are moving so much faster in Bristol? It just seems odd to put out such a huge call for positions they aren't even sure exist. Though I'm quite ignorant of CS recruiting practices, so may be missing something.

I had to go into the crescent centre today to show some documents as I've moved since my interview.

Bristol have recruited 60 - 70 people in this intake and they expect us to start in January. So I guess I will be meeting you shortly!!
Original post by angskuse
I had to go into the crescent centre today to show some documents as I've moved since my interview.

Bristol have recruited 60 - 70 people in this intake and they expect us to start in January. So I guess I will be meeting you shortly!!

Wow....That's a lot people! I wouldn't be able to start in January as I need to give 8 weeks notice in my current job. I hope that wont be to much of a problem.

That's excellent news! Very much looking forward to it.

This thread has been a rollercoaster of emotions today, I've gone from thinking we might be waiting over a year to hearing this. 😂
I'm a Birmingham candidate. Had the same email as others, stating that it'll be the third week of January, at the earliest, until we get the next update.

Sigh 🙁
Original post by Blocksy
That's excellent news! Very much looking forward to it.

This thread has been a rollercoaster of emotions today, I've gone from thinking we might be waiting over a year to hearing this. 😂

For some reason Bristol is moving quite fast. Good for us but frustrating for others!

It was really good to go into the office today and speak to someone about the roles. They still don't know which areas we will all be working in but I don't particularly care about that. I was told that they are trying to start the majority of us in January.
Original post by BrumGirl
I'm a Birmingham candidate. Had the same email as others, stating that it'll be the third week of January, at the earliest, until we get the next update.

Sigh 🙁

Yup, same here. Grateful I have a job although I'd love to leave today. It's very frustrating having to wait so long for an update and when they do contact you it's not quite an update and There's no guarantee it will be a provisional offer.. 😔
Original post by Hoping to leave
Yup, same here. Grateful I have a job although I'd love to leave today. It's very frustrating having to wait so long for an update and when they do contact you it's not quite an update and There's no guarantee it will be a provisional offer.. 😔

I suppose at least we have some sort of timescale. It beats checking my email nervously everyday 😞

I'm going to try and forget about it until end of Jan now although I might have to start paying attention at work again 😂
This recruitment system is an absolute joke! It doesnt matter how many they are recruiting; to put people through the process and then putting them on reserve list or dragging the whole thing on for months...how is this deemed acceptable and not questioned....
For some reason Bristol is moving quite fast. Good for us but frustrating for others!

It was really good to go into the office today and speak to someone about the roles. They still don't know which areas we will all be working in but I don't particularly care about that. I was told that they are trying to start the majority of us in January.

Yeah, I nearly applied for Liverpool (partner has family in Cheshire, we could get a 2-bed with a garden for less than we pay for a 1-bed shoebox here etc), but so pleased I decided on Bristol in the end. Really feel for everyone else though, it's awful to be in limbo for so long.

Glad you found chatting to them helpful, and thanks for the update. It made my day!
Original post by BrumGirl
I suppose at least we have some sort of timescale. It beats checking my email nervously everyday 😞

I'm going to try and forget about it until end of Jan now although I might have to start paying attention at work again 😂

😂 me too! At the time I received the ' you passed interview' email, I got so excited and Started researching how to write the perfect notice to hand in. little did I know!! 😂😂 . Oh well! Wishing all of you a merry xmas.
I start my HO position which was internal on 09 January for another campaign but I also applied for this and my interview was on 10 Nov for Leeds, I haven't even heard whether I have passed the interview or not? 6 weeks! I feel for the people who are still waiting for result for Leeds!
Original post by Husk24
I start my HO position which was internal on 09 January for another campaign but I also applied for this and my interview was on 10 Nov for Leeds, I haven't even heard whether I have passed the interview or not? 6 weeks! I feel for the people who are still waiting for result for Leeds!

That's me then lol. It is frustrating not to be given a proper 'update'. I'm just grateful I'm still in my current job 😊
its not acceptable, they should at least give the result, pass or fail .
Original post by Blocksy
Yeah, I nearly applied for Liverpool (partner has family in Cheshire, we could get a 2-bed with a garden for less than we pay for a 1-bed shoebox here etc), but so pleased I decided on Bristol in the end. Really feel for everyone else though, it's awful to be in limbo for so long.

Glad you found chatting to them helpful, and thanks for the update. It made my day!

Glad I could help! I think we will be in training before other sites even hear anything. We will be chatting about this over coffee soon!!
Does anyone know how long the training period is
Original post by Adzy11
Does anyone know how long the training period is

I remember seeing something in the paperwork about a 12 week training course.

Latest

Trending

Trending