The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2680
Hi All,
This may have already been asked/answered but when we do MMI interviews do we literally walk through the door of the station and start? Or do we introduce ourselves, shake hands and then start?
Original post by Medici103
Every time i read a post that you have written I hear it as if the real Hugh Laurie is saying it! :smile:

I feel you but I suppose he'd have been more sarcastic :smile:
Original post by yanzzz123
I feel you but I suppose he'd have been more sarcastic :smile:

Depends if you hear Hugh Laurie, Greg House, or Mr. Little (father of Stuart)! I always think of Dr. House, so you're probably right.
Depends if you hear Hugh Laurie, Greg House, or Mr. Little (father of Stuart)! I always think of Dr. House, so you're probably right.

i heard some admissions people check TSR so Dr House wont come out until i have an offer ha
Original post by Hugh Laurie
i heard some admissions people check TSR so Dr House wont come out until i have an offer ha

Very wise!
Original post by GWHB63
Hi All,
This may have already been asked/answered but when we do MMI interviews do we literally walk through the door of the station and start? Or do we introduce ourselves, shake hands and then start?

Walk in, shake hands and introduce yourself. Its a professional degree you're trying to get on to so be professional. Its only takes 20s max and makes you look well-rounded (which you should be already if you want to be a Dr!).
Barts interview! 😊
Original post by rachel2601
Barts interview! 😊

This for the A101 course? Or A100? If GEM first interview I've seen been given for that
Original post by Rndons19
This for the A101 course? Or A100? If GEM first interview I've seen been given for that

There have been a number of GEM interviews given out today. Someone did say that they had spoken to admissions and interviews will be given out this week and in January.
There have been a number of GEM interviews given out today. Someone did say that they had spoken to admissions and interviews will be given out this week and in January.

For barts?
For barts?

Yes.

Yes GEM, there's a few others on the A101 forum too
Reply 2692
Original post by rachel2601
Barts interview! 😊

What did you get in your UKCAT if you dont mind me asking
You're in exactly the same boat as me, what's your stats? I have a 1st in biomed and 674 UKCAT

I'm currently in my final year of Biomed (at Surrey) working at a 2:1 and averaged 670 at the UKCAT
Original post by OTG
What did you get in your UKCAT if you dont mind me asking

Got all 4 interviews guys, 2 Undergrad, 2 Grad. Hope you all receive similarly good news!
Original post by Hormonal
Got all 4 interviews guys, 2 Undergrad, 2 Grad. Hope you all receive similarly good news!

Congrats! I got 3 grad interviews and 1 undergrad rejection so I'm pretty happy.
Hi everyone, I have a question to ask regarding GEM (and a bit of backstory before the question itself). I originally did a degree in pharmacy due to personal circumstances affecting me during A levels, with a view of doing medicine straight after (as tuition fees were £3000/year at the time and grants and bursaries were available). since then however tuition fees have effectively trebled with less financial support for those of us from non-affluent backgrounds. due to this, i decided to cancel my original plan and grudgingly stick with pharmacy. however, whilst browsing through some site, i found that some lower-ranked unis, i found that a lot of the lower-ranked universities stated that student finance is available for students from year 1 onwards, with some offering non-nhs bursaries.

so the question is, is GEM still financially suicidal for someone like me & can you get assistance (ie student loans) for any med school (similar case with grad applying for undergrad medicine), not just the lower-ranked ones
Original post by quasa
Hi everyone, I have a question to ask regarding GEM (and a bit of backstory before the question itself). I originally did a degree in pharmacy due to personal circumstances affecting me during A levels, with a view of doing medicine straight after (as tuition fees were £3000/year at the time and grants and bursaries were available). since then however tuition fees have effectively trebled with less financial support for those of us from non-affluent backgrounds. due to this, i decided to cancel my original plan and grudgingly stick with pharmacy. however, whilst browsing through some site, i found that some lower-ranked unis, i found that a lot of the lower-ranked universities stated that student finance is available for students from year 1 onwards, with some offering non-nhs bursaries.

so the question is, is GEM still financially suicidal for someone like me & can you get assistance (ie student loans) for any med school (similar case with grad applying for undergrad medicine), not just the lower-ranked ones

This page on Warwick's website is pretty good at covering the details

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/academicoffice/funding/fundingyourstudies/medics2016/
All interviews through now for Warwick, Newcastle and King's yesss! I wasn't sure I'd get one from King's so I'm thrilled.

I'm worried though because one of my references that I'll need for Warwick hasn't gotten back to me, I have enough experience to meet the 70hr requirement without it but it doesn't look great. Does anyone know how lenient they are with this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending