The Student Room Group

Christians being exterminated in Iraq

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/20/middleeast/iraq-christianity-peril/

It's disgraceful that the world watches them being exterminated and does nothing to help. Christianity is at the brink of extinction in Iraq- thousands are being killed by ISIS and other terrorist groups and no one is helping.

Please raise awareness. Why doesn't this get more media attention? A whole religious group is being destroyed. We must protect Christians in Iraq and throughout the Middle East and the world from persecution.

If anyone wants to donate to Christian Aid, who are doing great work in Iraq and other troubled areas of the world:
http://www.christianaid.org.uk/emergencies/iraq-crisis-appeal
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It's very sad. Mosul and Iraq will be liberated will be liberated from the purge of Wahhabi groups such as the I.S., and Christians will return.

Just like in Aleppo recently:

:h:
the only way i see a resolve is to deploy western military ground troops to take out these vermin. we risk domestic casualties but the consequences is that more innocents will die.
Christians and Muslims used to live peacefully, now Christianity is nearly finished in the Middle East. It's awful how things change so quixkly
Sad but innocent Muslims are dying in huge numbers and no one cares unless it's a Christian.
Reply 5
Original post by Palmyra
It's very sad. Mosul and Iraq will be liberated will be liberated from the purge of Wahhabi groups such as the I.S., and Christians will return.

Just like in Aleppo recently:

:h:

I understand why people dislike the Assad regime but one of the positives about them ruling Aleppo is that Christians can leave relatively peacefully. It's nice that they are able to celebrate Christmas there.
Reply 6
Could say the same about the purge of Muslims in Myanmar and Burma by Buddhists
Reply 7
We must all pray for them and especially to Holy Mary, mother of God - Helper of persecuted Christians:-
Hail Mary, full of grace, the lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the our of our death.
Amen
Please say this prayer, for us and for them, imagine if they were our relatives too.
This is not one of those scams that we see on fb and instagram. This is genuine it comes from my heart. Please pray for them.
From a Bro :-)
Original post by Trapz99
I understand why people dislike the Assad regime but one of the positives about them ruling Aleppo is that Christians can leave relatively peacefully. It's nice that they are able to celebrate Christmas there.

Indeed, Syria's liberation of Aleppo from the Jihadists that were holding it (and its residents) hostage meant that Christmas could be celebrated there for the first time in 4 years (since the war began)!

The liberation of Aleppo was met with huge celebrations throughout the city, I think it's pretty clear that most would prefer a secular, multi-faith, multi-ethnic Syria to an Islamist hell-hole that the 'rebels' seek to impose on what was a beautiful country.
There is / was no genocide in Iraq. The Christians fled on their own accord.
Original post by Muwahid-

They fled because they were wing persecuted by jihadists. People don't just flee for no reason. And Christians are being killed by jihadist groups in huge numbers.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_of_Christians_by_ISIL
The Uk and US have officaliy declared thee acts as genocide.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Suprite
Could say the same about the purge of Muslims in Myanmar and Burma by Buddhists

That's not want this thread is about though. This is about the plight of Christians in Iraq.
Reply 12

They fled because of fear of being killed by jihadist groups like ISIS. The UK government has officially declared it as genocide, as well as the EU and the US. There is no denying that this is genocide.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ladbants
They fled because they were wing persecuted by jihadists. People don't just flee for no reason. And Christians are being killed by jihadist groups in huge numbers.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_of_Christians_by_ISIL
The Uk and US have officaliy declared thee acts as genocide.

They fled because they were scared (and rightfully so).

However if we're going by the wiki article, nothing there amounts to genocide.

I know what you mean homie, just hope you apply that in every case. :wink:
Original post by l'etranger

"There was no Nakba. The Palestinians fled on their own accord."

Yeah.. no.

I do acknowledge the Christians there were / are being oppressed but I don't buy that they're being exterminated.
Original post by Palmyra
"There was no Nakba. The Palestinians fled on their own accord."

Not saying a word, I'm a good boy
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah.. no.

I do acknowledge the Christians there were / are being oppressed but I don't buy that they're being exterminated.

I agree, there are no death camps and they're free to leave at any point, it's basically like a really bad holiday.
I agree, there are no death camps and they're free to leave at any point, it's basically like a really bad holiday.

with forced conversions, beheadings of your religious leaders etc - the full inclusive holiday package!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending