The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kittt
Thank you! :smile: Nope don't get a choice, although there is an option to reschedule but they recommend that you try to attend the given date. My interview is on 24th Jan

Good luck, hope it goes well :smile:
Have kings given out any interview yet or are they waiting for the end of the interview cycle to do so??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, I posted on here last week as some may remember as I got rejected from the undergrad course (UKCAT 734 / Bio grad 2:1), which I was super disappointed about.
BUT - I got an interview last night for the graduate entry on Jan 25th!

So happy! Hope you all soon get the news you're after too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdamCW
Well, I posted on here last week as some may remember as I got rejected from the undergrad course (UKCAT 734 / Bio grad 2:1), which I was super disappointed about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wahey! Congrats! onwards and upwards eh!
Original post by AdamCW

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why were you rejected, wtf? I have been invited to interview for both courses, 750 UKCAT, same as you.

Atleast they invited you to one interview though, right? Congrats!
Original post by Hormonal
Why were you rejected, wtf? I have been invited to interview for both courses, 750 UKCAT, same as you.

Atleast they invited you to one interview though, right? Congrats!

No idea. It does say on KCL's portal that it's on academic grounds..? Kind of strange.

Well done you :smile: Congrats
Original post by AdamCW
No idea. It does say on KCL's portal that it's on academic grounds..? Kind of strange.

Well done you :smile: Congrats

That's super odd, your academics are unsuitable for the less competitive course but fine for the ultra competitive one haha.
Original post by Hormonal
That's super odd, your academics are unsuitable for the less competitive course but fine for the ultra competitive one haha.

Yeah, it does seem rather odd. I'll ring them today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if Kings will give out any more interviews? Thanks
Original post by Happyals
Does anyone know if Kings will give out any more interviews? Thanks

I honestly don't understand why everyone's asking this, why wouldn't they? there have been at most 4/5 interview days so far with about 100/150 people at most attending an interview.

They interview about 900+ people every year, only a fraction of potential interviewees have been interviewed thus far.
Original post by rohit5148
I honestly don't understand why everyone's asking this, why wouldn't they? there have been at most 4/5 interview days so far with about 100/150 people at most attending an interview.

They interview about 900+ people every year, only a fraction of potential interviewees have been interviewed thus far.

I had the same thought but couldn't be bothered to type it 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pantego
I had the same thought but couldn't be bothered to type it 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here. :biggrin: I mean, they keep on sending interviews out well into the new year! It'll just be someone who hasn't read through the rest of the thread, though.
Original post by rohit5148

Because although only a few interview days have been concluded people are already receiving interview invites for march
Original post by Happyals
Because although only a few interview days have been concluded people are already receiving interview invites for march

No they haven't? People have gotten some for February but that's because they are international. It's all a waiting game and you may even need to wait until March to get an interview offer.
Original post by studentsixth
No they haven't? People have gotten some for February but that's because they are international. It's all a waiting game and you may even need to wait until March to get an interview offer.

Sorry not on this thread but I know a couple of people who have interview dates in march, I was assuming that they had filled all the earlier dates hence why they had dates for march but obvs could be wrong about that!
Do kings give out offers after everyone is interviewed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Johncenaofficial

Posted from TSR Mobile

i believe so, i think i read somewhere on their website saying most people are likely to hear about their offer or rejection around march/april because once they have interviewed all the applicants they rank them based on their interview score and then pick from the top i think to meet the number of seats they offer. but there are exceptions, say you do extremely well or bad (hopefully not) in the interview you can get a decision a lot quicker.
Original post by Johncenaofficial

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. Offers will go out a few weeks after interview to those who did very well and rejections to those who did very badly. Most people will hear in March but again they interviewed into April last year so people were hearing back before the interview sessions were over.
Do they ever look at the stations as a whole?

I'm thinking that there may be a need to use an example or a very similar answer for two different stations. Is this okay?
Hi guys, quick question - does anyone know when the last official interview date for King's undergraduate medicine is for 2017 entry?
I am currently in uni and need to start my final internship in April, but was looking into options to do it abroad. That won't work out though if interviews run longer than March and I need to make a decision soon. All my other choices have explicitly put on their websites which dates they interview applicants, but it's all been very vague with KCL.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending