The Student Room Group

Sixth form

HELLO
these are my predictions for gcse and I really want to get to London academy of excellence. Do you think they will accept me?
English Literature-7/A
Maths-7/A
Geography-A
Chemistry-A
Biology-A
Business-A
Religion-C
Physics-B
English language 6+/B
A REPLY WOULD BE VERY USEFUL. I AM REALLY WORRIED IN WHETHER I WILL BE ABLE TO GET IN.

Scroll to see replies

Right now you're on track, but the London Academy of Excellence is really competitive so I recommend working extremely hard in RE to turn that C into at least a B and try to turn those As into A*s :smile:
Look at Harris Westminster Sixth Form... awesome
Reply 4
Original post by Emmiassa
Right now you're on track, but the London Academy of Excellence is really competitive so I recommend working extremely hard in RE to turn that C into at least a B and try to turn those As into A*s :smile:

Do you think I wont get a chance with those predicted grades
Original post by positivee
Do you think I wont get a chance with those predicted grades

It's hard to say.

Your predicted grades are the bare minimum but you have to remember you're competing against everyone else who wants to get into the London Academy of Excellence and that's a lot of people who all have similar grades to you. A lot of them would also have good grades so if I were you I would start revising now if you haven't already.
Reply 6
It's hard to say.

Your predicted grades are the bare minimum but you have to remember you're competing against everyone else who wants to get into the London Academy of Excellence and that's a lot of people who all have similar grades to you. A lot of them would also have good grades so if I were you I would start revising now if you haven't already.

I am revising hard but i yet havent applied in it. If i give them my predicted grades of february mocks even after i have applied will they take them into consideration?and which sixth form do you go to?
I am revising hard but i yet havent applied in it. If i give them my predicted grades of february mocks even after i have applied will they take them into consideration?and which sixth form do you go to?

I don't want to give you false information since I don't know how they do it. You should ask them:

http://www.excellencelondon.ac.uk/6/contact-us
Reply 8
I don't want to give you false information since I don't know how they do it. You should ask them:

http://www.excellencelondon.ac.uk/6/contact-us

I have contacted them already bt sincr the academy is closed there is yet no reply. TThanks a lot for your help.
Do you think Brampton Manor or Seven Kings will accept me?
I have contacted them already bt sincr the academy is closed there is yet no reply. TThanks a lot for your help.
Do you think Brampton Manor or Seven Kings will accept me?

Seven Kings - definitely, all of your grades pass the entry requirements
Brampton Manor - they require a grade point average of 6.5, yours is 6.56
Reply 10
Seven Kings - definitely, all of your grades pass the entry requirements
Brampton Manor - they require a grade point average of 6.5, yours is 6.56

Therefore brampton manor might not even accept me or will they?
But my main preference still remains lae
Therefore brampton manor might not even accept me or will they?
But my main preference still remains lae

Again, it depends on who else is applying since you're competing against everyone else. What matters though, is that it isn't impossible you still have a chance. :smile:
Reply 12
Again, it depends on who else is applying since you're competing against everyone else. What matters though, is that it isn't impossible you still have a chance. :smile:

Thanks how high are the chances of me getting in lae with my gcse results if they dont give me a conditional offer
Thanks how high are the chances of me getting in lae with my gcse results if they dont give me a conditional offer

Yes you do have the minimum requirements but remember, grades are not everything. Since your predicted grades meet the minimum requirements, it's likely you will get an interview placement. It's important that you shine in your interview since there will be a lot of other students competing against you with higher grades. It's up to you to show them at your interview that you a capable of achieving better and hopefully, come March time you will get a conditional offer.

If you don't get a conditional offer then everything rests on your GCSE results. You shouldn't think about your chances. Ultimately it's up to you to obtain those grades through hard work. I was predicted A's and B's but I overachieved by pushing myself, and was able to get 5A*s 4As and 2Bs. You can do this too.
Reply 14
Yes you do have the minimum requirements but remember, grades are not everything. Since your predicted grades meet the minimum requirements, it's likely you will get an interview placement. It's important that you shine in your interview since there will be a lot of other students competing against you with higher grades. It's up to you to show them at your interview that you a capable of achieving better and hopefully, come March time you will get a conditional offer.

If you don't get a conditional offer then everything rests on your GCSE results. You shouldn't think about your chances. Ultimately it's up to you to obtain those grades through hard work. I was predicted A's and B's but I overachieved by pushing myself, and was able to get 5A*s 4As and 2Bs. You can do this too.

Thank you so much for your help. It really did increase my confidence. Which sixth form do you go to?
Thank you so much for your help. It really did increase my confidence. Which sixth form do you go to?

Beal :smile:
Reply 16
Beal :smile:

Its near my school then I go to the palmer catholic academy.
Could you help me with the interview questions they ask and how I could respond to them.
As for example, the question "why do you wish to join our sixth form". I really dont
know how to respond to that.
and any other techniques i could use during the interview to help improve my grade.
Its near my school then I go to the palmer catholic academy.
Could you help me with the interview questions they ask and how I could respond to them.
As for example, the question "why do you wish to join our sixth form". I really dont
know how to respond to that.
and any other techniques i could use during the interview to help improve my grade.

That's where my knowledge ends. I haven't done any interview prep yet so I can't help you there. You should ask your Head of Year for help or Sixth Form Director if you have one.
Reply 18
That's where my knowledge ends. I haven't done any interview prep yet so I can't help you there. You should ask your Head of Year for help or Sixth Form Director if you have one.

Thank you regadless. Your advice has been really helpful to me and I am hoping to bring up an outstandard perception of myself in front of the interviewers. Thank you. One last thing I wanted to ask you is what was ur ideal revision plan or tips to get
excellent results in gcses. I hope I can get the results you achieved!!
Thank you regadless. Your advice has been really helpful to me and I am hoping to bring up an outstandard perception of myself in front of the interviewers. Thank you. One last thing I wanted to ask you is what was ur ideal revision plan or tips to get
excellent results in gcses. I hope I can get the results you achieved!!

I would say start now. My biggest regret was leaving it till a few weeks before the exams.

LOOK AT YOUR SPECIFICATION! I cannot stress this enough. GCSE specifications tell you everything you need to know. What I did for my GCSEs was I went over every single point on the spec for each subject and made questions based on what was mentioned in the spec. Come exam time, a lot of the questions I made up came on the paper.

Quick Reply

Latest