The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Anyone more interview offers?
Original post by ArtScience
Anyone more interview offers?

You'd definitely know it if there were. Either they're sending them out late in the day again, or they didn't quite manage to stick to schedule (and we'll just have to wait until January!).
Reply 602
is barts sending interview invitations in order of preference. from the top of the rank down to the 800th
Original post by 11...
is barts sending interview invitations in order of preference. from the top of the rank down to the 800th

Well, a couple of people who contacted them were told that it was just entirely random (presumably picked from those that had been put forward thus far by the admissions selectors)... so probably not!
Reply 604
can someone pls reply to this:
band 1 gets 2 extra points at interview
band 2 gets 1 extra point
band 3/4 no extra points

I got an interview with a band 3, will I be at disadvantage? If I impress the interviewers a lot, it doesn't actually matter right, or do they not like you for it. I reckon I was pretty close to getting a band 2 and that ukcat test was a rush tbh
Original post by 11...
band 3/4 no extra points

I got an interview with a band 3, will I be at disadvantage? If I impress the interviewers a lot, it doesn't actually matter right, or do they not like you for it. I reckon I was pretty close to getting a band 2 and that ukcat test was a rush tbh

You should be fine if you do well at the interview. Don't quote me, but i believe its scored out of 45 or something so one or two points won't make a massive difference. I don't think the interviewers will look down on you or anythig because of it either, I wouldn't worry and just focus on preparing for interview, you can't change your band now :smile:
Original post by 11...
band 3/4 no extra points

Score is out of 50. Last year you needed something like 42 to get an offer. People with band 1 will have to get 40/50 because two extra points, you'd have to do a bit better and get 42, that's all.
Original post by 11...

Nope, don't think so.

I have an 817 avg on the UKCAT and a high predict for IB (43), 10A*s and 3As at GCSE.

I don't want to sound arrogant, but I'm confident in my chances of getting an interview, and considering the stats of other internationals (I'm international btw) who have been getting interviews, I believe I have a good chance of doing so.
Reply 608
Where do people get the info tht barts interviews are scored to 50 points?
From whatdotheyknow their scoring sheet adds to 20 points...
Also anyone know how their interview is??
Original post by Rifdhy

Don't know about the scoring but that really isn't important I guess

Barts does panel interviews, so you'll (usually) have two clinicians/lecturers/etc. and a medical student. They'll start by talking about your article - make sure you know about your given article inside out and have your own opinion on it. Then they'll ask more general questions about you. It's more of a conversation than an interview - they just want to get to know how you are as a person tbh.

I'm currently a 2nd year at Barts - let me know if any of you have any questions :smile:
Reply 610
Original post by Clubba
Don't know about the scoring but that really isn't important I guess

Barts does panel interviews, so you'll (usually) have two clinicians/lecturers/etc. and a medical student. They'll start by talking about your article - make sure you know about your given article inside out and have your own opinion on it. Then they'll ask more general questions about you. It's more of a conversation than an interview - they just want to get to know how you are as a person tbh.

I'm currently a 2nd year at Barts - let me know if any of you have any questions :smile:

Thanks a lot for this! How would you advise I prepare for it?
Reply 611
Original post by Rifdhy

in last years thread everyone was saying it was out of 50 points
Anyone received interview offer recently? It seems like no one is getting an interview these days..so Barts would have to give out interview in Jan then?
Original post by Nieeeel97
Anyone received interview offer recently? It seems like no one is getting an interview these days..so Barts would have to give out interview in Jan then?

It's Christmas! Nothing is going to happen over the next few days. Go and enjoy the festive season and take your mind off it, we're all anxious but there's not much we can do but wait. Hope you get to take your mind off it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rifdhy
Thanks a lot for this! How would you advise I prepare for it?

Not a lot to be done tbh - know each bit of your article properly, pros/cons/etc. and for the rest of the interview, just be yourself. They don't really want people who can rehearse answers to their questions, they're looking more for a natural conversation to see that you're actually a decent person :tongue:

Relax guys, the earliest you'll probably hear something is around the 3rd of Jan which is when we go back - enjoy your holidays for now :smile:
Merry Christmas guys and good luck!
Merry Christmas guys!
Hopefully everything works out and all of us get interviews (and offers) :smile:!
does anyone know, how I can prepare for the interviews. And is there anything I should do ahead for the interview and what should I expect it to be like? Thanks ahead and Merry Christmas
Reply 618
what type of research are you interested in doing?
is neuroscience or global health a good example
Original post by Nieeeel97

My friend and I received an email last week inviting us to an interview in early February.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending