The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

What's Lancaster like?

Hi guys,

To keep it short, I'm looking to go to Lancaster Uni (psychology), but I wanted to know what Lancaster is like, besides the university. There's only so much you can get from looking around on google maps, so any current lancaster students//residents - what's the town like? Best places to go? What are the people generally like and things? Yeah, anything you'd like to say :biggrin:.

Thanks !
Original post by TK_23
Hi guys,

To keep it short, I'm looking to go to Lancaster Uni (psychology), but I wanted to know what Lancaster is like, besides the university. There's only so much you can get from looking around on google maps, so any current lancaster students//residents - what's the town like? Best places to go? What are the people generally like and things? Yeah, anything you'd like to say :biggrin:.

Thanks !

It would depend on where you're coming from and what you like to do. Personally I come from a big city and like to go on nights out so Lancaster is a pretty weird transition with not as much to offer in terms of the night scene, but there seems to be a lot to do in terms of historical and cultural places to visit, and it's not far from the lake district and there's busses to morecambe so you can go to the beach and stuff which is cool. It's quiet and pretty and has a nice homely feel to it, the people in the town are usually pleasant and there's usually a lot of dogs around? So that's cool lol. There's a decent handful of pubs and bars, only one real club which is run by LUSU (though two if you include the Glow Rooms part of Dalton)

Can't think of anything else right now because I haven't explored as much as I could have, but hope this helps a bit :h:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by wickedisgood
It would depend on where you're coming from and what you like to do. Personally I come from a big city and like to go on nights out so Lancaster is a pretty weird transition with not as much to offer in terms of the night scene, but there seems to be a lot to do in terms of historical and cultural places to visit, and it's not far from the lake district and there's busses to morecambe so you can go to the beach and stuff which is cool. It's quiet and pretty and has a nice homely feel to it, the people in the town are usually pleasant and there's usually a lot of dogs around? So that's cool lol. There's a decent handful of pubs and bars, only one real club which is run by LUSU (though two if you include the Glow Rooms part of Dalton)

Can't think of anything else right now because I haven't explored as much as I could have, but hope this helps a bit :h:

No thank you so much! Really helpful :biggrin:
Original post by TK_23
No thank you so much! Really helpful :biggrin:

Hello, I'm a 3rd year Psychology student at Lancaster, so hopefully in relation to course stuff I can help.

Tbf, the massive edge I've found Lancaster to have over the past year or so, is that they have massive opportunities for internships/ experience within the Psychology department.

Which, if you want to do Psychology as a career, you'll know yourself is absolutely vital to getting on any Phd course/ Assistant Psychologist's job.

The jobs are paid, and usually on campus with one of the professors too! Very handy :smile:

Looooooooooooool

Sorry but the idea of going to Morcambe voluntarily is hilarious
Original post by Cravez
Looooooooooooool

Sorry but the idea of going to Morcambe voluntarily is hilarious

I've never been lol is it really that bad? :tongue:
I've never been lol is it really that bad? :tongue:

It's really depressing. I went once and never wanted to return. Would rather go to Iraq

Quick Reply

Latest