The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by neurosurgeon
Hi guys, quick question - does anyone know when the last official interview date for King's undergraduate medicine is for 2017 entry?
I am currently in uni and need to start my final internship in April, but was looking into options to do it abroad. That won't work out though if interviews run longer than March and I need to make a decision soon. All my other choices have explicitly put on their websites which dates they interview applicants, but it's all been very vague with KCL.

Thanks!

They told me that the last interviews would be in March (and that the final interview offers would be going out in late February).
Original post by Cherub012
Do they ever look at the stations as a whole?

I'm thinking that there may be a need to use an example or a very similar answer for two different stations. Is this okay?

No they score you soon after and then this is collated to give a total score
Original post by 4nnabelle98
Is there a visible timer available when you're speaking/reading the card beforehand? Or is it recommendable to wear a watch?

Some of the interviewers will have watches/ stopwatches and I generally just looked at this and paced myself. Others won't though but as long as you get a few good points in there you should be fine, even if you do run out of time.
Original post by adamdaniell
They told me that the last interviews would be in March (and that the final interview offers would be going out in late February).

Thank you adamdaniell, that's actually been extremely helpful!! Good luck!
Original post by crystalni
7 :smile:

Do you know what they are???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Johncenaofficial
Do you know what they are???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone who knows will have signed a confidentiality form
Original post by studentsixth
Everyone who knows will have signed a confidentiality form

Which is also why most of us were hesitant to tell you how many stations there were.
Original post by rohit5148
Which is also why most of us were hesitant to tell you how many stations there were.

Precisely.
Any applicants for undergrad medicine course at Kings got an offer yet?
Original post by mbb123mbb

Last year the earliest offer given out was on the 8th of January and those who got an offer sat the interview on around the 14/15th of December. So around 3 and a half weeks later.

I think this year interviews started going out on around the 7th so I think those who did exceptionally well will hear in early January.

Everyone else will probably hear around February/March.
Original post by mbb123mbb

It's Christmas and the admissions office has been closed for quite some time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1371
Do any of you guys know when the admissions office open again after Christmas?
I haven't heard back from them yet and want to know asap really, although interviews can be given as late as April.
Had an interview at UEA last week and that went alright. It is also MMI and that is a good sign
Merry Christmas people and enjoy the holidays! :smile:
Original post by 11...
Do any of you guys know when the admissions office open again after Christmas?
I haven't heard back from them yet and want to know asap really, although interviews can be given as late as April.
Had an interview at UEA last week and that went alright. It is also MMI and that is a good sign
Merry Christmas people and enjoy the holidays! :smile:

According to the portal it's 3rd Jan
Reply 1373
can't actually think of a time when I was criticised in a rude manner. I have been criticised before but that was for my own good and improvements not to hurt me in any such way.

how would someone answer this question on 'a situation where you were critiscised badly'
Reply 1374
Original post by Happyals
According to the portal it's 3rd Jan

hey have you got an interview. if so, what were your stats please? really want to know cos I still havent heard back from them what so ever :smile:
Original post by 11...
hey have you got an interview. if so, what were your stats please? really want to know cos I still havent heard back from them what so ever :smile:

No unfortunately not heard anything yet. I'm
on a gap year achieved A*A*A in Maths, Chemistry & Biology & 747 ukcat
Original post by 11...

Wbu?
You see when they ask you: "what can you contribute to this university?" In the interview.... what can you reply to that
Because unless you're a top class athlete or something I don't see what you can contribute.
Do you guys think they mean in terms of societies and whatnot?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You see when they ask you: "what can you contribute to this university?" In the interview.... what can you reply to that
Because unless you're a top class athlete or something I don't see what you can contribute.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are teams open to all abilities. If its something you enjoy then there is no reason why you cant take part.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your hard work? Dedication to the course, to represent King's as a capable doctor after you graduate? The questions doesn't need to specifically talk about ECs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending