The Student Room Group

The Lie That Only 3rd Wave Feminism Is Bad – Part 2 – The 1st Wave Feminist Terrorist

(To understand what this thread is all about go to part 1 and read the first couple of paragraphs:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4451946)

I’m going to try and make this part relatively short so that its easier to read. So I am going to leave out a lot of details.

This part is going to be about a 1st wave American feminist that went by the name of Valerie Solanas; A playwright, thinker, author, sexist, terrorist, psychopath and attempted murderer born in 1936.

Amongst feminists she is most known for her play “Up Your Ass”. A drama that revolves around the abuse of men. In one part of the play men are fed excrement and in another “a woman strangles her male baby” to death “with his super glue erection” ….

Valerie is also known for her S.C.U.M Manifesto. A sexist book she wrote in the late 60s aimed at encouraging her feminist compatriots to “annihilate the male sex”. A book filled with insights into female superiority and the sexual abuse and murder of men. A terrorist manifesto the forward of which was written by famous 2nd wave feminist philosopher Avitel Ronell… I encourage people especially men to read it.

In 1968 Valeire put her teachings and hate of men into practice when she attempted to murder famous 20th century artist Andy Warhol after he refused to produce her sexist play. A crime for which she served 3 years in prison….

Today, Valerie’s work and sexist ideas and plays are celebrated by feminists around the globe

-Video Advert by Swedish feminists for play celebrating Valerie’s SCUM Manifesto:

[video="youtube;9tQSOlF9ZZM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tQSOlF9ZZM[/video]

- Interview for Swedish documentary called “gender wars” with Ireen Von Wachenfeldt, head of Riksorganisationen för kvinnojourer i Sverige, a Swedish feminist organisation funded by the Swedish government and the Swedish tax payer. She had written an article in a feminist magazine (quoting Valeri’s SCUM manifesto), calling men “animals and walking dildos”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B08jFW7tAzc

Valerie died in 1988. She has had many biographies written about her by notable feminists philosphers which celebrate her as a “Revolutionary feminist and Bohemian artist”

Part 3 is going to be about a 2nd wave feminist lowlife. The editor of the biggest feminist magazine in the world. A woman who thought that sexism against men is a principle component of feminism.
(edited 7 years ago)
Solanas was right about everything.

Feminism will win.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CookieButter
To understand what this thread is all about go to part 1 and read the first couple of paragraphs:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4451946

I’m going to try and make this part relatively short so that its easier to read. So I am going to leave out a lot of details.

This part is going to be about a 1st wave American feminist that went by the name of Valerie Solanas; A playwright, thinker, author, sexist, terrorist, psychopath and attempted murderer born in 1936.

Amongst feminists she is most known for her play “Up Your Ass”. A psychopathic drama that revolves around the abuse of men. In one part of the play men are fed excrement and in another “a woman strangles her male baby” to death “with his super glue erection” ….

Valerie is also known for her S.C.U.M Manifesto. A sexist book she wrote in the late 60s aimed at encouraging her feminist compatriots to “annihilate the male sex”. A book filled with insights into female superiority and the sexual abuse and murder of men. A terrorist manifesto the forward of which was written by famous 2nd wave feminist philosopher Avitel Ronell… I encourage people especially men to read it.

In 1968 Valeire put her teachings and hate of men into practice when she attempted to murder famous 20th century artist Andy Warhol after he refused to produce her sexist play. A crime for which she served 3 years in prison….

Today, Valerie’s work and sexist ideas and plays are celebrated by feminists around the globe

-Video Advert by Swedish feminists for play celebrating Valerie’s SCUM Manifesto:

[video="youtube;9tQSOlF9ZZM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tQSOlF9ZZM[/video]

- Interview for Swedish documentary called “gender wars” with Ireen Von Wachenfeldt, head of Riksorganisationen för kvinnojourer i Sverige, a Swedish feminist organisation funded by the Swedish government and the Swedish tax payer. She had written an article in a feminist magazine (quoting Valeri’s SCUM manifesto), calling men “animals and walking dildos”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B08jFW7tAzc

Valerie died in 1988. She has had many biographies written about her by notable feminists philosphers which celebrate her as a “Revolutionary feminist and Bohemian artist”

Part 3 is going to be about a 2nd wave feminist lowlife. The editor of the biggest feminist magazine in the world. A woman who thought that sexism against men is a principle component of feminism.

Uhm, I don't think you know what 1st wave feminism is...

The first wave is the Victorian era to First World War "Votes for Women" stuff - if she was born in the 30s and active in the 60s then that is second wave.
Original post by Connor27
Uhm, I don't think you know what 1st wave feminism is...

The first wave is the Victorian era to First World War "Votes for Women" stuff - if she was born in the 30s and active in the 60s then that is second wave.

Please refer to part 1 for a brief explanation of the three waves of feminism. its at the end of part 1. Thank you.

Side note: Valerie started feminist activism in the 50s. I left out a lot of history about this women and her activity because I didnt want this to be long.
(edited 7 years ago)
It wouldn't be Christmas on TSR without another anti-feminist thread. :bebored:
Please refer to part 1 for a brief explanation of the three waves of feminism. its at the end of part 1. Thank you.

From your own post:

"1st wave feminism refers to ‘feminists’ and ‘feminist activity’ between the late 19th century and early 20th century. 2nd wave feminism refers to feminists and their activity between the 60s and early 90s and 3rd wave feminism refers to feminism from the early 90s to the current day."

You said yourself here her activity was in the 60s, the first wave ended in the 1920s when women got the vote in most of the western world, please do some more research before making outlandish claims like "first wave feminist psychopath."
From your own post:

"1st wave feminism refers to ‘feminists’ and ‘feminist activity’ between the late 19th century and early 20th century. 2nd wave feminism refers to feminists and their activity between the 60s and early 90s and 3rd wave feminism refers to feminism from the early 90s to the current day."

You said yourself here her activity was in the 60s, the first wave ended in the 1920s when women got the vote in most of the western world, please do some more research before making outlandish claims like "first wave feminist psychopath."

please refer to the edited reply above. thank you.
please refer to the edited reply above. thank you.

You're off your head mate, just accept that she wasn't first wave by any means and that you're wrong!

First wave feminism ended in the 1920s which led to a lull in the movement in the interwar period and (obviously) the Second World War, the second wave started after this along with the hippy movement.

Again, by your own definition, the first wave ended in "the early 20th century" - if something was after 1950 (the halfway point) how can that still be considered "early" in the century?
(edited 7 years ago)
You're off your head mate, just accept that she wasn't first wave by any means and that you're wrong!

First wave feminism ended in the 1920s which led to a lull in the movement in the interwar period and (obviously) the Second World War, the second wave started after this along with the hippy movement.

Again, by your own definition, the first wave ended in "the early 20th century" - if something was after 1950 (the halfway point) how can that still be considered "early" in the century?

Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Solanas was of the second wave, which was more concerned with social, sexual and economic issues. The first wave had sorted out the civic and legal issues around being a woman. It's clear that the violent fantasies in Solanas' SCUM manifesto, along with similar effluent from the likes of Andrea Dworkin, arose from the social and sexual dimensions of feminist theory, since they were all about establishing a female supremacist social order and sexually abusing men. Therefore, by virtue of subject matter as well as time period, Solanas was of the second wave.

First-wave feminist "terrorists" did exist anyway among the suffragette movement. They even bombed Lloyd George's house. But terrorism in pursuit of civil and legal rights is usually seen as more acceptable than terrorism aimed at subjugating a group of people. So usually we hold the suffragettes up as heroes, even though there were more than a few bad apples in the tree.
Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Thanks for your incredibly compelling justification for labelling her first wave! /s

Seriously though people like this need to stop listening to Alex Jones and start doing their own research into ****... *sigh*
At least you're consistent.
Thanks for your incredibly compelling justification for labelling her first wave! /s

Seriously though people like this need to stop listening to Alex Jones and start doing their own research into ****... *sigh*

Wanted to rep, but couldn't. PRSOM

Use your head connor. Lets assume she is a 2nd wave feminist. does that negate my title? does it dismiss what I'm trying to say about feminism? Assume that you are right...what do you prove? that she's a 2nd wave feminist..and a rotten example of one at that....Think!!!! Are you trying to dismiss this entire thread, this woman's entire history of terrorism and hate and her influence on feminism based on my calling her a 1st wave feminist when according to you she was actually a 2nd wave feminist? Please, feel free to call her a 2nd wave feminist and read my article based on that. You will find that my point still stands.

I am sure that if i had made a spelling mistake that you guys would pick up on it and dismiss everything that I had written based on a grammatical error. You have no case for dismissing my argument. Think and be fair.
(edited 7 years ago)
Use your head connor. Lets assume she is a 2nd wave feminist. does that negate my title? does it dismiss what I'm trying to say about feminism? Assume that you are right...what do you prove? that she's a 2nd wave feminist..and a rotten example of one at that....Think!!!! Are you trying to dismiss this entire thread, this woman's entire history of terrorism and hate and her influence on feminism?

I am sure that if i had made a spelling mistake that you guys would pick up on it and dismiss everything that I had written based on a grammatical error. You have no case for dismissing my argument. Think and be fair.

I'm not dismissing it at all and I think she's a vile woman, however I don't like you tarnishing the noble cause of first wave feminism by associating it, incorrectly at that, with a character like this...
I'm not dismissing it at all and I think she's a vile woman, however I don't like you tarnishing the noble cause of first wave feminism by associating it, incorrectly at that, with a character like this...

You think its noble. I disagree with you on that. What we can do maybe is have a discussion pertaining to this issue once I make a thread on a feminist whom we both agree is 1st wave. I will make sure to tag you once I make such thread.
*squint* sorry.......tryna see where you get your logic from.

Why would anyone listen to an uncredible source that can't even do his own research?
Original post by prazzyjazzy

Why would anyone listen to an uncredible source that can't even do his own research?

Thanks for your input Anyone....
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Orbital Rising
It wouldn't be Christmas on TSR without another anti-feminist thread. :bebored:

Protesting sexism on forums during Christmas is a lot more civilised than this form of protest during Christmas wouldn't you agree?

hqdefault (1).jpg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending