St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saharaharas
Offer for maths and biology! I'm an RUK student
congratulations!!!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Has anyone got paychology offers, I feel alone 😂😂😂
Has anyone had any offers for maths? if so how long did it take to come through?
Original post by saharaharas
Offer for maths and biology! I'm an RUK student

Congratulations! Did you get an email?
Original post by Andrella
Has anyone got paychology offers, I feel alone 😂😂😂

Not yet😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by clucky_chick
Ah okay, I hope they do start offering soon!

Have you heard anything yet? :redface:
Current 1st year student at St Andrews, feel free to ask me any questions :smile:
[QUOTE=slothonist;69223018]Current 1st year student at St Andrews, feel free to ask me any questions :smile:

What did you study? And do you like it?! :biggrin:
Original post by slothonist
Current 1st year student at St Andrews, feel free to ask me any questions :smile:

Hiii, what subject?

For subject combinations, if you are Bachelor of Science, can you pick an Arts subject as one of your three in the first year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CBergendahl

I study geography, earth science and arabic :smile:
I'm enjoying my subjects atm however I feel like that may change next semester :lol:
Original post by CBergendahl

Omg you are still around?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Hiii, what subject?

For subject combinations, if you are Bachelor of Science, can you pick an Arts subject as one of your three in the first year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I study BSc Geography, along with earth science and arabic :smile:
Yes you can, as long as you have a minimum of 40 credits in science by the end of your first 2 years
Omg you are still around?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yes!
I study BSc Geography, along with earth science and arabic :smile:
Yes you can, as long as you have a minimum of 40 credits in science by the end of your first 2 years

Thank you :biggrin:

I have another question if you don't mind:

How are Geography lectures? I have an offer for Sustainable Development and I think there are some overlapping courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you :biggrin:

I have another question if you don't mind:

How are Geography lectures? I have an offer for Sustainable Development and I think there are some overlapping courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sustainable Development and Geography have the same lectures during 1st semester. The lectures are interesting and I enjoy them however, some of my friends who do Sustainable Development disliked physical geography topics that were covered in the course such as ocean acidification etc
Sustainable Development and Geography have the same lectures during 1st semester. The lectures are interesting and I enjoy them however, some of my friends who do Sustainable Development disliked physical geography topics that were covered in the course such as ocean acidification etc

Thank you again for your answer! :smile: I didn't know that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiera28
Have you heard anything yet? :redface:

Nothing yet! On the portal it says that they've checked my application and that it's now "pending decision", which is probably worrying me more than it should. It's only a couple of weeks until the UCAS deadline anyway, so they should start offering from then on. They do say that they give each applicant equal consideration. :smile:

I know this will vary between courses, but do you find that it's easy to get help from lecturers / staff, or is it much more independent / textbook study? :smile:
I know this will vary between courses, but do you find that it's easy to get help from lecturers / staff, or is it much more independent / textbook study? :smile:

I'd say it's definitely a lot of independent studying but my lecturers are always happy to answer any questions I have and are even willing to discuss topics I find difficult in more depth :smile:
Nothing yet! On the portal it says that they've checked my application and that it's now "pending decision", which is probably worrying me more than it should. It's only a couple of weeks until the UCAS deadline anyway, so they should start offering from then on. They do say that they give each applicant equal consideration. :smile:

I noticed my status had updates to 'pending decision' too! Best of luck:h: where else have you applied?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending