The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by Pantego
Do you think it's valid enough for me to ask to be rescheduled later in the day? My interview is at 11 but I live in Devon so I would have to leave at 5 in the morning? I don't think it's good enough reason and should probably suck it up>.<

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just waiting to see if they can move it and then I'll respond to the invite. I will chase at the end of the first week of January.

I think there is no harm in asking for a later interview time, if they can accommodate it.

Does anyone know when we get the articles?
Reply 621
Haha why are people complaining about having to go down early in the morning? This is a medical interview!! I'll take your slot! hahaha
Original post by W.migo
It's literally just a group exercise, you know like those team building activities? You've just got to show you're a contributing member with good ideas and open to other perspectives yada yada.

Do they have this for undergrad interviews?
Reply 623
does barts run regular workshops at the medical school.

also do they do dissection or prosection
HAs anyone been rejected yet and if you have what are your ukcat scores?
Reply 625
nah it's just normal panel interview for us undergrads :smile: (as far as I'm aware).
Reply 626
Original post by 11...
does barts run regular workshops at the medical school.

also do they do dissection or prosection

yep they do :smile: There's an entire institute dedicated to human anatomy. It's pretty well equipped.
Reply 627
how many people here reckon they will firm Barts? my twin sister and I both want to do medicine and we use the same tsr - she applied to two of the same universities as me (barts) which is banter. - she didn't get an interview though :frown: Hope all of your interviews go well Happy new year :smile:
Original post by 11...
how many people here reckon they will firm Barts? my twin sister and I both want to do medicine and we use the same tsr - she applied to two of the same universities as me (barts) which is banter. - she didn't get an interview though :frown: Hope all of your interviews go well Happy new year :smile:

I think I'd firm Barts! However, the only thing worrying me is the price of living in London and how far away it is from my hometown! I've thankfully got an offer from Bristol, and that's around 30 mins away from where I live so it's the complete opposite of going to QMUL :L Plus, QMUL asks for much higher grades (for IB anyway) than the other unis I've applied to so it would probably have to be my firm anyway (that's if I do well at interview and actually get a place lol). What about you? :smile:
Original post by 11...

Barts is my 1st choice. Like i really want to go to Barts, thank goodness I have an interview. So i'm definitely firming Barts WHEN I get an offer (confidence is key)
Original post by RealLifeEducator
Barts is my 1st choice. Like i really want to go to Barts, thank goodness I have an interview. So i'm definitely firming Barts WHEN I get an offer (confidence is key)

What are your reasons for Barts being your fav?

Ugh, same here. It's just a shame that I don't have an interview yet. I know there's about half to two thirds of interviews still to go out, but it has made the holiday period awfully stressful. I just want to hibernate until I know. ;P
Original post by adamdaniell
Ugh, same here. It's just a shame that I don't have an interview yet. I know there's about half to two thirds of interviews still to go out, but it has made the holiday period awfully stressful. I just want to hibernate until I know. ;P

Give it time. I think they still have loads of interviews to give out so just hold on, I'm sure you'll get one.
Original post by manlike99
What are your reasons for Barts being your fav?

Basically coz Whitecapel is ends! Also beacuse I rally like the hospital, the course, the location (which some people hate) and I can stay at home (if the parents allow!)
Basically coz Whitecapel is ends! Also beacuse I rally like the hospital, the course, the location (which some people hate) and I can stay at home (if the parents allow!)

Yay someone else who's not desperate to leave home :tongue:
To the people who have interviews,
Has anyone here received the article that we are supposed to get before the interview yet?
Cos I have an interview but haven't got the article yet??
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 07cdominic
To the people who have interviews,
Has anyone here received the article that we are supposed to get before the interview yet?
Cos I have an interview but haven't got the article yet??

You get it a week before your interview?
Original post by Gogregg
You get it a week before your interview?

Ok thank you! The Medic Portal website says you get the article with your interview notification so I was a little confused 😬
Reply 638
Original post by 07cdominic
Ok thank you! The Medic Portal website says you get the article with your interview notification so I was a little confused 😬

you get it 2 weeks before your interview. don't worry. if you carefully read your interview invitation, it says that :smile: so you have plenty of time to look through the article and make notes etc
Reply 639
in which year will the medical student on the panel be in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending