The Student Room Group

93% of Young Iraqis See The USA As An Enemy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cato the Elder
http://www.arabyouthsurvey.com/en/home

Disgusting. One is tempted to simply let them get killed by ISIS.

The whole middle east hate Western Europeans and Americans, I'm English (Don't believe in calling us Britain)If i was in office Iraq is a country i would consider bombing them and Syria there is more threats to our society then people are grateful for our influence
Maybe if we bomb them they'll stop hating us.
Sad but no one really cares what they think. It shouldn't affect what we do
>turn their country into rubble
>why do they hate us?
Original post by l'etranger
Maybe if we bomb them they'll stop hating us.

If i was a Pilot dropping an airstrike i would shout "Allahu Akhbar" every bomb i drop
Original post by Bannedinasec
If i was a Pilot dropping an airstrike i would shout "Allahu Akhbar" every bomb i drop

Why?
Original post by AIDS Skrillex
>turn their country into rubble
>why do they hate us?

They did a good job of turning their own country into rubble, by themselves, with no U.S. aid.
Is this really a surprise to anyone? Imagine the anti-German sentiment in England right after World War Two.
Original post by l'etranger
Why?

Thats what they shout when they bomb the west
@Cato the Elder

I for one believe that overall the removal of Saddam was a positive move, but you're being a petulant child you think someone far away hating you because they were born into a difficult situation with a complex array of factors influencing their worldview means they should literally be tortured and killed by Takfiri terrorists.
Original post by Mactotaur
Is this really a surprise to anyone? Imagine the anti-German sentiment in England right after World War Two.

Within a very short space of time, they were our friends again, against the new enemy.
Maybe if the US stopped funding rebel groups Iraqi's would like them!
Original post by Trinculo
Within a very short space of time, they were our friends again, against the new enemy.

The Germans did not have beef with us to start with, actually they wanted us on there side, but we decided that we would fight against them.

The poverty rate in Iraq is a good 10% higher, according to a quick search, and has a population density of over 30,000 more people per square mile. I'm sure I could find research to support this, and I'm no psychologist, but it's fairly straightforward that the more people who feel they're hard done by there are in one place, the more likely that is to become a widely held sentiment, usually against a single target seen as The Enemy.
Considering that America did a good job ****ing up their country, i'd say that their hate is justified.
Original post by Mactotaur
The poverty rate in Iraq is a good 10% higher, according to a quick search, and has a population density of over 30,000 more people per square mile. I'm sure I could find research to support this, and I'm no psychologist, but it's fairly straightforward that the more people who feel they're hard done by there are in one place, the more likely that is to become a widely held sentiment, usually against a single target seen as The Enemy.

Could be.

Personally, I think it's that a lot of people in the region are never satisfied. They hate everyone and there are too many factions. They hated Saddam, they hated the Iranians, they (obviously) hate Israel, and also the "West" is going to be the scapegoat for everything. Do they hate ISIL? Who knows, but I don't see any possible scenario under which they would be happy.

Had Saddam not been removed, who is to say there wouldn't have just been another war with Iran?
(edited 7 years ago)
They are 100% right to do so.
Could be.

Personally, I think it's that a lot of people in the region are never satisfied. They hate everyone and there are too many factions. They hated Saddam, they hated the Iranians, the (obviously) hate Israel, and also the "West" is going to be the scapegoat for everything. Do they hate ISIL? Who knows, but I don't see any possible scenario under which they would be happy.

Had Saddam not been removed, who is to say there wouldn't have just been another war with Iran?

Didn't the CIA conclude the region would have been far more stable under Saddam? He may have violated human rights time and time again, but we might not have had this current situation. Though this is all conjecture, we can't know.
Original post by Totallydaria
I am a Iraqi Kurd and I've been to Iraq many times and seen the state and have compared them to the old paintings and my parent's photos. It's really sad and it's all ruined😭.

That sounds awful :console:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending